Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
czerbe
Just a Traveling Man

First Name: Corey
Trading: (2)
Partagas
czerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura about
Default Don't forget whats important

This past year has been hard on my family, work issues, health issues, family issues, and its been really hard the last month or so. So I decided yesterday to take a day off of work and spend some "me" time, house to myself wife at work, kid at day care, and I was free all day to do as I pleased. I figured I would wake up and more or less chain smoke cigars in my underware all day! After a trip to the gym and some lunch I thought I'll call my father (who is on vacation this week) Asked him if he wanted to go get a beer up at Cigars International with me. After picking him up we headed to the shop. Sat down and I cut my cigar ordered a beer for my father and I and had some of the best conversation, and bonding time with my Father! To often we forget whats important in life its not Money, or cigars, or sports. To me whats important is Family. I'm very lucky to have my parents being so close to my wife and I in distance and in our lives as well. My father is the single greatest man I have ever known and it was great just to have a little Lad and Dad time. I can only hope my son one day will call me up and Ask me to get a beer with him. Just something I wanted to share with you all, this time of year we so easily forget whats important getting caught up with Gifts, and Holidays, and Money... Take a moment to yourselves and spend sometime with loved ones... you never know when you wont have another chance..

God Bless

Corey!
Old 12-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't forget whats important

Well done, Corey.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
equetefue
Liga Privada Hoarder

First Name: Edwin
Trading: (17)
Partagas AirForce (Disabled Vet)
equetefue has a spectacular aura aboutequetefue has a spectacular aura about

excellent reminder Corey. I completely relate to you. I have noticed that as I get older that my bonding time with my father has also increased and is now a lot more meaningful. Wouldnt trade it for the world.
equetefue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Well said!
Old 12-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

As a child you idolize your father who, to you, is the strongest and smartest man you know. He's always the guy stronger than any monsters under your bed

As a teen you spend so much time pushing against each other and fighting and there's nothing wrong with that as you are just trying to figure out who your are as you grow but unfortunately dad takes the brunt of your whacked out hormones and anger as you try desperately not to be like him and become your own man.

In your 20's there's a bit of a separation from each other but you still love him even though now you're fully convinced you're nothing like him at all although your GF or wife constantly tells you how much you ARE like him.

in your 40's you finally realize that you are EXACTLY like him and again he is the smartest and strongest man you know and realize if you're only 50% of the man he is you're doing okay in life.

Not everyone has this exact experience as relationships are much more complicated than broad generalizations like this but for me I love my father and yes he is the strongest and smartest man I know even though he still hasn't memorized his own WiFi password.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #6
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Sounded like an awesome time
Old 12-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #7
Heavy_d
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derek
Trading: (1)
Heavy_d will become famous soon enough

Sounds like a great day. I was lucky enough to be extremely close to my dad, both in terms of distance and relationship until he passed a few years ago. I still make it a point to stop in and spend at least a couple hours a week visiting with my mom who lives right down the hill from me. You only get the one set of parents, and it's so easy to forget that until it's too late.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #8
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Sounds like a great time!! I was always close with my dad when I was younger, mom died when I was 14, dad remarried and when I turned 18 out I went and they moved 400 miles South, still text and talk on the phone but rarely see him anymore
Old 12-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Awesome post, Corey, not much more important in life than quality time with those you love.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #10
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Well said brother. Well said
Old 12-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
the jiggler
ˇtaste my pirate paddy!

First Name: Craig
Trading: (24)
the jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura about

Great posts by all. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #12
Taki
Welcome to the Layer Cake

First Name: Taki
Trading: (38)
HdM
Taki has disabled reputation

Amen brother!

Just last night my father and I sat down and ate dinner together...it was really nice
Old 12-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #13
Stevez
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Steve
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Stevez will become famous soon enough

Great post and wonderful reminder. Thanks.
Stevez is offline   Reply With Quote