Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 05:40 AM   #1
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default PremiumHumidor.COM Beware!!!!!

I recently ordered the The Seven Drawer Cherry Humidor (commonly referrred to as the Charleston) from Premium Humidors. Received my humi in a crappy box, door lock was busted (hinge off and screws stripped...was shaking in the box when UPS deleivered it), and a drawer damaged. I contacted Premium Humidors and they said they would send out some replacement screws and a new drawer. Low and behold, another crappy box arrived from USPS this time...no rush on delivery. Screws were too long to fit in the door, and the replacement drawer was glued upside down and will not fit in the humi. I contacted Premium Humidors upon receipt of this "replacement" package to explain the drawer was glued upside down and wouldn't fit and that the screws were too large. The told me the manager was out of the office and would call me back in a few. Guess who never called back? I called and each time I received the same message, the supervisor is not in. BEWARE!!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:00 AM   #2
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: PremiumHumidor.COM Beware!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
I called and each time I received the same message, the supervisor is not in. BEWARE!!!!
Oh yeah, this company depends on you being satisfied. If you are unsatisfied, you will likely never get satisfation.
I ordered three humidors from them and got two delivered. Naturally the one I really wanted was the one that never
arrived. Shipping showed two packages leaving their dock and two getting to me, no mention of the third box ever.
Well, except for the bill...that said 3 humidors shipped. Bullshit. NO ONE EVER returned my repeated requests for satisfaction.
THOUSANDS of people have been served and satisfied, but those who were NOT are well and truly F'ed
Old 04-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
lightning9191
I think I'm normal...

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (8)
lightning9191 has disabled reputation

That sucks! I hope everything eventually works out. Thanx for the warning!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
KidRock
Moped Herf Crew

First Name: Jon
Trading: (17)
Trinidad
KidRock has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
I recently ordered the The Seven Drawer Cherry Humidor (commonly referrred to as the Charleston) from Premium Humidors. Received my humi in a crappy box, door lock was busted (hinge off and screws stripped...was shaking in the box when UPS deleivered it), and a drawer damaged. I contacted Premium Humidors and they said they would send out some replacement screws and a new drawer. Low and behold, another crappy box arrived from USPS this time...no rush on delivery. Screws were too long to fit in the door, and the replacement drawer was glued upside down and will not fit in the humi. I contacted Premium Humidors upon receipt of this "replacement" package to explain the drawer was glued upside down and wouldn't fit and that the screws were too large. The told me the manager was out of the office and would call me back in a few. Guess who never called back? I called and each time I received the same message, the supervisor is not in. BEWARE!!!!

You just saved me a whole hell of a lot of heart break. Thanks, sorry for your situation.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #5
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidRock View Post
You just saved me a whole hell of a lot of heart break. Thanks, sorry for your situation.
Thanks!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Sorry that happened and thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-28-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
white_s2k
The Dude Abides

First Name: Josh
Trading: (20)
white_s2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner View Post
Sorry that happened and thanks for the heads up!

I truly appreciate when fellow members give me heads up about these companies. Can save a lot of fellow BOTL a lot of trouble.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #8
AllOGistics

I think that all recommendations (good or bad) are helpful. Unfortunately, some companies have let their customer service fall by the wayside, and it is important that we spread the word to support companies that honor their word and take care of their customers. Thank you for your input about your experiences.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #9
groogs
Have My Own Room

First Name: Grant
Trading: (62)
Trinidad
groogs will become famous soon enoughgroogs will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the post. I probably would have never ordered from them anyways, but now I can spread the word to my friends who may.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #10
dentonparrots

Someone should email them with a link to this thread!

Old 04-28-2009, 01:40 PM   #11
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

Listen, not sure if you realize it or not but your credit card acts as an insurance policy when you need it. Call your credit card company and tell them to credit back your account that you did not get what you paid for...ship the pos back! Time to play hard ball!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #12
cherrybomb
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Chris
Trading: (15)
Partagas
cherrybomb is on a distinguished road

i second contesting the charge just document all of your attempts
Old 04-29-2009, 07:21 AM   #13
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Nah, this was a LOOOng time ago. It was a debit card, I was naive, blabla.
I agree that it's good to let bad companies have it, and this is the FIRST time I
can remember where some stooge from whatever company comes into the thread
and tells us how we are mistaken or something or it is our fault, or we didn't follow
the proper procedure.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #14
eriksson20
The Memory Still Remains

Trading: (0)
Partagas
eriksson20 is on a distinguished road

I hate when things like these happen. it sucks. I have tried to do my homework on the companies that i choose to support on my blog (and who get to support me), but i have had my share of shitty experience with companies, which i have removed from my pages... If you should run to any trouble with the companies up ther right now, please let me know... i do not want to mislead people...

cheers,

Mikko
Old 04-29-2009, 01:14 PM   #15
AllOGistics

Mikko,

I really think that is a good stance to take and I, as a consumer, really appreciate when the people who use advertisements are responsible with them. I think that a lot of people that use the advertisements are not responsible (or just don't know) when it comes to supporting bad vendors. It's probably more of the "not knowing" scenario because they personally haven't had any problems.

Also, I've really enjoyed your blog so far. I've been taking a look around since I saw your post about the humidor you're building.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #16
XTRazzer
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
XTRazzer is on a distinguished road

Like others I appreciate the 'heads-up'.

I still would have tried to contest the charges even with a debit card. Although it may not get you the same resolution as you would get with a credit card.

Shame that companies don't focus more on customer service and satisfaction. But then prices wouldn't be so cheap, right?
Old 04-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #17
eber
Have My Own Room

First Name: Erik
Trading: (7)
Bolivar
eber will become famous soon enough

sorry to hear that, it is too bad that these companies are run so poorly and are still in business. good luck on getting it resolved.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #18
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

It sucks that you have not gotten the product that was promised when you ordered it. Keep at them and start to involve the BBB & your state AG.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #19
Texan in Mexico
Feeling at Home

First Name: Travis
Trading: (0)
LGC
Texan in Mexico has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Nah, this was a LOOOng time ago. It was a debit card, I was naive, blabla.
I agree that it's good to let bad companies have it, and this is the FIRST time I
can remember where some stooge from whatever company comes into the thread
and tells us how we are mistaken or something or it is our fault, or we didn't follow
the proper procedure
Good evening, what are you refering to here?
Old 04-29-2009, 11:01 PM   #20
kaelaria
Cigarobsession.com Baby!

First Name: Bryan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann
kaelaria is on a distinguished road

Yeah - did something get deleted or are you confused?? lol