Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #81
ZachF88
Feeling at Home

First Name: Zach
Trading: (32)
ZachF88 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Wolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
I'm with Kevin, I enjoyed the Face a lot. Got lots of good caramely sweetness. That said, the RG was quite large and it burned the slowest I've ever had one of comprable size burn. It got a little old toward the end
One of my favorite tats for this reason. Still doesn't beat black jar though....
ZachF88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #82
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (6)
RA
ktblunden is on a distinguished road

I also really enjoyed the Face. I will say that I didn't even try one until a couple months ago, so I never had it when it was fresh. That could make a difference. I had my first Drac this past weekend and it was nothing spectacular. Unfortunately I was never able to get my hands on a Frank or Boris, so I don't have any experience with those. I have high hopes for this release, I plan on letting them sit for a good long rest before trying one though.
ktblunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #83
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

FWIW, count me in the "I like the Face" camp as well.....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #84
gator_79
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Robin
Trading: (3)
Navy (Deployed)
gator_79 is on a distinguished road

I know I'm in the minority here but I just don't care for Tat's. I've smoked a few regular release cigars and did not like them at all. I also had a Tat Cojono 2003 and 2009 and didn't care for those either. For the price there are many stick that I'd rather spend my money on.
gator_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:47 PM   #85
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator_79 View Post
I know I'm in the minority here but I just don't care for Tat's. I've smoked a few regular release cigars and did not like them at all. I also had a Tat Cojono 2003 and 2009 and didn't care for those either. For the price there are many stick that I'd rather spend my money on.
Smoke what you like and like what you smoke. There are a few lines that are widely regarded by other people that I just don't like at all. The beauty of cigars is no one's tastes are the same.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #86
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktblunden View Post
Smoke what you like and like what you smoke. There are a few lines that are widely regarded by other people that I just don't like at all. The beauty of cigars is no one's tastes are the same.
Well put!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #87
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator_79 View Post
I was in your position about 7-8 months ago. Couldn't figure out why you guys enjoyed em so much. Eventually my palate changed, and now I'm a full fledged Tat ho.

Moral of the story: Smoke what you like, like what you smoke, but don't write things off for eternity, you may find yourself enjoying them down the road.

DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #88
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Well it sounds like everywhere I've called is sold out. Looks like I'll have to wait to look in the WTS/WTT forums. Dammit.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #89
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
Well it sounds like everywhere I've called is sold out. Looks like I'll have to wait to look in the WTS/WTT forums. Dammit.
It's crazy out there for the dress boxes. My buddy called the one shop that was chosen that is local and they told him he was number 104. So it looks like unless a lot of people back out he is S O L. If you have a local shop that is a Tat dealer I would check them out as the regular dealers I think get a couple dress boxes and a bunch of non dress. I was able to score dress boxes on the Drac and Boris locally from a shop that wasn't chosen pretty late in the game too and I could gotten a dress box of the Face from the same shop too but I had already gotten a dress box from another vendor so I just took a non dress box from my local guy so somebody else would have a chance at getting a dress box since I already had one. Also keep in mind the only reason why I got so lucky on the local shop being they were one of the 13 chosen this year is because I put my name on a reserve list 3 months ago before anyone even knew they would be chosen. I was just hoping to maybe snag one of the few dress boxes they got or worse case scenario a non dress box. Low an behold they came up on the list this year.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:21 PM   #90
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

It pays to be lucky sometimes John! Congrats and glad you could snag a box.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:36 PM   #91
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
JL
Beagleone will become famous soon enough

I got a dress box with my name on it already, but I am up in the air about this one. I liked the Face, not so much the Drac, but I really liked his TAA exclusives lately. I may get it and split the rest off for sale. I'll let you know after they arrive.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #92
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I figure I can tie up about 7 dress boxes so far. When they arrive, I plan to weave them into a skirt and gird my loins with them, all the while singing the Pete Johnson hymn I wrote. It's got a nice Island Jazz sound to it.
Thank Pete Johnson for the Saints and Sinners Club. He completes me.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #93
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I figure I can tie up about 7 dress boxes so far. When they arrive, I plan to weave them into a skirt and gird my loins with them, all the while singing the Pete Johnson hymn I wrote. It's got a nice Island Jazz sound to it.
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #94
Lonely Raven

I think I laughed so hard, I peed myself a little.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #95
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

RA

Yeah, just because you didn't get in on a list with the 13 doesn't mean you're out of the game. The top 130 Tat retailers (chances are pretty good if you have a local with a Tat contract, they're on this list) will each be getting 2 dress boxes and some amount of plain boxes. Call up your local and ask if they got the Face last year, if they did chances are they'll get the Wolfman, so ask to be on the list.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #96
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Quote:

Old 10-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #97
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post

Pete's looking good these days!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:05 PM   #98
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'm glad I wasn't working tonight. Imagine customer's faces as I burst out into uncontrollable laughter from behind the counter.
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #99
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

First Name: aj
Trading: (3)
RA
RightAJ will become famous soon enough

Any word on when the shops will be getting these yet?

aj
Old 10-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #100
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA

I think sometime next week.