Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-02-2010, 07:43 AM   #1
Scott1966
Herf God

Trading: (1)
Bolivar
Scott1966 is on a distinguished road
Default Canimao Robusto

Canimao Robusto - 5 X 50. Wrapper - Brazilian Arapiraca, Binder - Ecuador, Filler - Dominican & Nicaragua. Medium - Full, closer to Full bodied.

Initial taste - A very pleasant coffee and wood flavor.

First third - Earth, wood, spice and some coffee bean notes. Balance is very good.

Second third - Now the cigar is really starting to evolve. A nice sweetness emerges with the earthiness along with a wonderful leather flavor. Spice is getting a bit stronger but still balanced quite nicely with the other flavors. I did get some notes of cinnamon during this part of the cigar.

Last third - A continuation of the sweet earthy leather and spice. Notes of coffee bean returns. Long finish of sweet earth, spice and leather - very enjoyable.

Construction burn and draw were perfect as has been the case with all of the Canimao cigars I have reviewed.

Once again, this is another line of Canimao cigars that has great balance and complexity and a flavor profile that I really like. MSRP on this vitola/line is $3.00 which makes this an amazing value. I highly recommend.
Scott1966 is offline   Reply With Quote