Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 10-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #81
SmokeyNL

Default Re: Games thread!

Just got fallout 3 for the ps3 and I love this game.

Little big planet comes out next week over here I believe and when it does it shall be mine as well (thanks for the tip Jordan #2)
Old 10-30-2008, 09:37 AM   #82
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
No bugs so far (knock on wood)
Dude, i've put in less than four hours and have had some game breaking bugs. First, in the very beginning, when you take the test, the guy wouldn't give me my paper, so I just sat at the desk stuck. Restart, go through the bs again. Then at the radio station, after clearing out the baddies, I go up to talk to three dog and my guy gets stuck at the top of the stairs for no reason. he just won't move. I can turn, shoot, but I can't move cause i'm stuck on a little fukcing wall at the top. So I restart and have to do the whole freaking thing again! Then again, on my way towards the washington monument, at the hotel, I clear out the second floor of it's super mutant problem, I don't know where to go, so i'm just wandering, and again my guy gets stuck in a fukcing wall! So restart, and I have to do the whole thing over again! I am beyond frustrated with this game

This is besides the floating corpses, the suspended body parts in mid air, floating brahmins's, and the terrible AI. And why does nobody blink!? The fact that i've had to restart three times already is beyond crazy, I like the game, but I don't even want to keep playing it until the stupid thing gets patched. I hate having to redo things over and over again, this is no good!

Last edited by VirtualSmitty; 10-30-2008 at 09:44 AM.
VirtualSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:52 AM   #83
jquirit
Angry Asian Dwarf

Trading: (3)
jquirit has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigargal View Post
I loved GoW-played through it with each grandson-same as Halo 2 and 3. When they come to visit I make them play with me
Do you have XBox Live? Cigar Asylum GoW2 co-op! Also want to try the survival mode... sounds like lots of fun.
jquirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:54 AM   #84
Cigargal
Waiting for SoCal XI

Trading: (25)
Partagas
Cigargal will become famous soon enoughCigargal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jquirit View Post
Do you have XBox Live? Cigar Asylum GoW2 co-op! Also want to try the survival mode... sounds like lots of fun.
No Live! I would be playing all the time and be in a world of trouble here at home.
Cigargal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:55 AM   #85
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:
No Live! I would be playing all the time and be in a world of trouble here at home.
I'm sure you want it though, huh? c'mon...online gaming is soooo coool!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #86
jquirit
Angry Asian Dwarf

Trading: (3)
jquirit has disabled reputation

Quote:
Hahahhaha! Looks like we need to get you one of those timers they use for kids to control how much tv/video games they play.
jquirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:23 AM   #87
Ollie
It's gon RAIN

Trading: (5)
Ollie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
I've got a Wii stashed away for my wife/kids that I'm giving them for Christmas. Does anyone with small kids have some good games for young girls (currently 4/5)? I've seen some stuff like a Disney princess game, Hannah Montanna, American Idol, and a few others, but don't know how they would be. If you have any recommendations, I would appreciate it.

My wife just got a gym membership, but I'm thinking about Wii Fit for my wife for some additional workouts at home.
Sorry I can't answer your specific question, but I'm in the same boat (two boys, 4 & 6).

Mario cart was recommended to me as a 'must have'. There are also some games for the wii fit's balance board (wii ski, for ex.) that I figured the kids could master quicker than games using the remote. Other than that, it seems like all of the popular cartoon characters have their own games - Spongebob, Dora, etc.

You may be able to find some answers HERE.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #88
Seanohue
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Sean
Trading: (7)
HUpmann
Seanohue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Yes it is! Needs patching bad though, too many bugs!
Really? What console? I have PS3 and 2 guys down the hall of it for 360, and my roommate has it for PC, and none of them have bugs
Seanohue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:20 AM   #89
DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
...but I'm thinking about Wii Fit for my wife for some additional workouts at home.
Get the wii fit as soon as you can (Walmart has em for $89)... it's the coolest video-game thing I've seen... not only will your wife love you for it, but the whole family will enjoy it (most likely you, too).

DBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:32 AM   #90
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanohue View Post
Really? What console? I have PS3 and 2 guys down the hall of it for 360, and my roommate has it for PC, and none of them have bugs
PS3. I checked the IGN and GT forums and i'm not the only one having these problems either. I'm done with this game until there's a patch.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:49 AM   #91
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Ouch... your having some pain. Might want to do various check point saves instead of having to start over. I used to do that for some other games.

You sound like you either went a different direction or are way ahead of me. I'm the type that explores everthing so i get side tracked and don't typically rush through missions. I'm just completing the first survivior book mission to the grocery store and fixing to report in to the female who gave the mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Dude, i've put in less than four hours and have had some game breaking bugs. First, in the very beginning, when you take the test, the guy wouldn't give me my paper, so I just sat at the desk stuck. Restart, go through the bs again. Then at the radio station, after clearing out the baddies, I go up to talk to three dog and my guy gets stuck at the top of the stairs for no reason. he just won't move. I can turn, shoot, but I can't move cause i'm stuck on a little fukcing wall at the top. So I restart and have to do the whole freaking thing again! Then again, on my way towards the washington monument, at the hotel, I clear out the second floor of it's super mutant problem, I don't know where to go, so i'm just wandering, and again my guy gets stuck in a fukcing wall! So restart, and I have to do the whole thing over again! I am beyond frustrated with this game

This is besides the floating corpses, the suspended body parts in mid air, floating brahmins's, and the terrible AI. And why does nobody blink!? The fact that i've had to restart three times already is beyond crazy, I like the game, but I don't even want to keep playing it until the stupid thing gets patched. I hate having to redo things over and over again, this is no good!
Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:14 PM   #92
Cigargal
Waiting for SoCal XI

Partagas

Just getting ready to start the game...I looked at gamefaqs and didn't see any posts about terrible glitches. Maybe your disc is bad. I'm on a 360, so we shall see.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #93
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

Quote:
Just getting ready to start the game...I looked at gamefaqs and didn't see any posts about terrible glitches. Maybe your disc is bad. I'm on a 360, so we shall see.
If you check around the forums you will find a number of people having as bad of a time as me. There isn't anything wrong with the disc, it's just a glitchy game.

Joystiqs negareview was also pretty good in picking out the various problems with the game.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:16 PM   #94
kwoody

If anyone wants a beta code to COD 5 PC. Pm me
Old 10-30-2008, 08:26 PM   #95
Cigargal
Waiting for SoCal XI

Partagas

A few hours in and no problem so far-except the damn ants. I cleared out the super market and then headed over to help the kid find his dad and I don't have enough ammo to keep the buggers off me. I'm thinking that I am not ready to fight them. I am almost to level 3
Old 11-03-2008, 11:53 AM   #96
Cigargal
Waiting for SoCal XI

Partagas

I've been playing Fallout3 all weekend. I must have 20 hrs in the game-it is huge. I haven't had any glitches that I noticed. Game hasn't frozen up...been tons of fun. I did get the guide because this world is huge andlike Oblivion a person can spend a lot of time wandering around getting nowhere...The world map is unwieldy and the maps in the book aren't so good, but the walkthrus are very good.

The graphics in the games are great-when you get into D.C. you can really see the devastation.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #97
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

Vegueros

This trailer for Red Alert 3 is awesome:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42291.html
Old 11-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #98
Darrell

I just pre-ordered GOW 2 and chose "release date delivery" for shipping option, it will be here on Friday and s/h was only $6. Amazon kicks ass!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #99
Darrell

Is anyone getting Left 4 Dead? That game looks GREAT!
Old 11-05-2008, 12:56 AM   #100
SmokeyNL

Got little big planet yesterday, this game is fun for everyone, my girlfriend loves to play it, I like to make levels and things like that and our son loves to watch it like a cartoon

for more information: http://www.littlebigplanet.com/