Soooiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

RAZORBACKS!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #42
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all
Default Re: Offcial SEC Football Thread 2010

The Hogs are gonna be good this year. Got the best QB in the SEC in Mallett (that is before Brantley is proven )
Old 08-18-2010, 07:04 PM   #43
Pass
Puff, Puff...

First Name: Max
Trading: (8)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Pass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
The Hogs are gonna be good this year. Got the best QB in the SEC in Mallett (that is before Brantley is proven )
If Mallett has calmed down a bit and worked on his foot work (we here that he has) then he will likely be the best QB in the NCAA. Add that with a returning group of core receivers - probably the best over all core in the SEC - and a stable chock full of running backs and we will dominate the score board.

The biggest question mark is the defense. Last year's D was terrible... But we've made some changes and picked up some key players and word from the camp is that the D is MUCH improved. If it is... and the stars align on offense then I fully expect to see big things happening for the Razorbacks.

I have high expectations and even higher hopes for this season!
Old 08-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #44
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass View Post
If Mallett has calmed down a bit and worked on his foot work (we here that he has) then he will likely be the best QB in the NCAA. Add that with a returning group of core receivers - probably the best over all core in the SEC - and a stable chock full of running backs and we will dominate the score board.

The biggest question mark is the defense. Last year's D was terrible... But we've made some changes and picked up some key players and word from the camp is that the D is MUCH improved. If it is... and the stars align on offense then I fully expect to see big things happening for the Razorbacks.

indeed sir, gonna be VERY dangerous this year. glad ya'll rotated out of the gators regular season schedule
Old 08-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #45
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:

BAMA Plays The Hogs 9/25/10 At Arkansas! Should Be A Good Game!
longknocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:15 AM   #46
Pass
Puff, Puff...

First Name: Max
Trading: (8)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Pass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
BAMA Plays The Hogs 9/25/10 At Arkansas! Should Be A Good Game!
Funny thing is... The Arkansas/Bama game usually determines who has the better season. It is both my favorite and least favorite game to watch as both are teams that I root for. I mean, obviously I pull a bit more for my Hogs... but I also find myself cheering every time Bama gets a touchdown or breaks down our offense. Most of my family are Bama fans including those of us from Arkansas - who are obviously Hog fans. That being said... We're gonna stomp a mud hole in you guys this year!
Old 08-19-2010, 04:01 AM   #47
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Funny thing is... The Arkansas/Bama game usually determines who has the better season. It is both my favorite and least favorite game to watch as both are teams that I root for. I mean, obviously I pull a bit more for my Hogs... but I also find myself cheering every time Bama gets a touchdown or breaks down our offense. Most of my family are Bama fans including those of us from Arkansas - who are obviously Hog fans. That being said... We're gonna stomp a mud hole in you guys this year!
Bring It, Brother!
longknocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #48
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Funny thing is... The Arkansas/Bama game usually determines who has the better season.
The Arkansas game always scares the hell outta me. Always.
Quote:
It is both my favorite and least favorite game to watch as both are teams that I root for. I mean, obviously I pull a bit more for my Hogs... but I also find myself cheering every time Bama gets a touchdown or breaks down our offense.
We almost have you solidly in our clutches. Sucking you right on in.
Quote:
Most of my family are Bama fans including those of us from Arkansas
Smart people.
Quote:
That being said... We're gonna stomp a mud hole in you guys this year!
I'll have two of what you're on. Bring it Hog!

And welcome to the thread. We generally try to keep it pretty civil but a little smack sneaks out every once in a while. Now, if we can just get our friendly barners to show back up. You hear me Aubrun fans? Where y'all hiding? Dan'l? Where you at?
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #49
Parshooter
I'm a friend of Gary S

First Name: Marc
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
Parshooter will become famous soon enough

How are those NCAA investigations going boys?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #50
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parshooter View Post
You got something to say? Or you just trying to start trouble?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #51
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
You got something to say? Or you just trying to start trouble?

I haven't heard anything in a couple of weeks about it. In these situations though, no news is good news.....i hope
Old 08-19-2010, 03:03 PM   #52
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:

I haven't heard anything in a couple of weeks about it. In these situations though, no news is good news.....i hope
Nope, that ain't the way it works. The NCAA makes no comments about ongoing investigations until they BOTH conclude them AND decide just exactly how hare to smash the hammer down.

Not sayin' you're cooked . . . just sayin' it ain't safe to come outta the basement yet.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:02 PM   #53
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Nope, that ain't the way it works. The NCAA makes no comments about ongoing investigations until they BOTH conclude them AND decide just exactly how hare to smash the hammer down.

Not sayin' you're cooked . . . just sayin' it ain't safe to come outta the basement yet.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #54
rizzle
Order Restored

Bolivar

Quote:
Ya know, I don't typically like to engage in smack, but for some strange reason the above post came flying out of the peanut gallery. I knew there was something behind it, I just couldn't quite remember. Then I found it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parshooter
Calling BS on this. Show me a Gator fan that would pull a Bulldog fan out of a burning building and I'll show you a traitor. There is NO love-loss between Fla-Ga, Auburn-Alabama, anybody-Tenn. And there is nothing wrong with this. There is a genuine hatred between bitter rivals. As an Ohio State fan, I know this first-hand with that team from up north.
Wouldn't you know it, a buckeye fan with a beef against the SEC, trash talking about the NCAA. That's pretty original. Don't see that very much.

So, I was thinking I just heard something about the buckeyes the other day...

Ohio State Admits Secondary Violations

Quote:
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The recruitment of offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson created a lot of paperwork for the Ohio State compliance office. The Buckeyes' chase of the highly-rated recruit led to the school reporting four secondary NCAA violations, most of which had nothing to do with the OSU coaching staff
Well, at least it had nothing to do with the coaching staff.

Then I remembered seeing something else recently regarding recent NCAA violations...

Other leagues pass SEC on NCAA's scoreboard
From that article...
Quote:
Since Jan. 1, 2005, the SEC has had three schools found guilty of major violations.

In that same time period, four Division I conferences had more schools found guilty of major infractions — the Big Ten, the Big 12 and Sun Belt with five apiece, and the Mountain West with four.
Then I could have sworn I remembered reading something else...

OSU Cheats

Quote:
Since 2000, Ohio State has reported to the NCAA more than 375 violations -- the most of any of the 69 Football Bowl Subdivision schools that provided documents to The Dispatch through public-records requests....About 4,000 violations a year are reported to the NCAA, many of them unknown to the public because of FERPA. But one thing is certain: Ohio State has more than most. Florida, for example, reported 112 violations since 2000, and Oklahoma reported 224.
That can't be right can it? I mean, THE Ohio State University, that great bastion of all that is good in the world?

Quite simply, it always comes back to this:

To quote the great Les Miles, have a great day.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #55
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

......well done Richie!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:17 AM   #56
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Ya know, I don't typically like to engage in smack, but for some strange reason the above post came flying out of the peanut gallery. I knew there was something behind it, I just couldn't quite remember. Then I found it...

Wouldn't you know it, a buckeye fan with a beef against the SEC, trash talking about the NCAA. That's pretty original. Don't see that very much.

So, I was thinking I just heard something about the buckeyes the other day...

Ohio State Admits Secondary Violations

Well, at least it had nothing to do with the coaching staff.

Then I remembered seeing something else recently regarding recent NCAA violations...

Other leagues pass SEC on NCAA's scoreboard
From that article...

Then I could have sworn I remembered reading something else...

OSU Cheats

That can't be right can it? I mean, THE Ohio State University, that great bastion of all that is good in the world?

Quite simply, it always comes back to this:

To quote the great Les Miles, have a great day.
and what do ya know, OSU is overrated again this year (#2)

speakin' of that pic Richie, this is my favorite video following the Gators smackdown on what was supposed to be one of the greatest teams ever in 06 (OSU had 82 yrds of TOTAL offense btw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kSt4...feature=search

And cant' help but show these:

Saw this in Gainesville after the victory:

Also can't forget the Gator Basketball team laid the smackdown on Greg Oden on the Buckeyes in '07
Old 08-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #57
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Classic Richie!!! Classic!!

Keith... I think you could use somebody like him in the office!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #58
Eagle53

Quote:
and what do ya know, OSU is overrated again this year (#2)

speakin' of that pic Richie, this is my favorite video following the Gators smackdown on what was supposed to be one of the greatest teams ever in 06 (OSU had 82 yrds of TOTAL offense btw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kSt4...feature=search

And cant' help but show these:

Saw this in Gainesville after the victory:

Also can't forget the Gator Basketball team laid the smackdown on Greg Oden on the Buckeyes in '07
OSU = Owned by the Gators.

Have any Gator fans noticed that UCLA was actually a big help to us during three of our championship years? During the 06 football championship year, the only reason we were able to go was because UCLA beat USC which cleared the way for us. During the 1st basketball championship we beat UCLA in the title game and for the 2nd championship we beat them in the 1st final four game which put us into the game with OSU.....

So UCLA both winning and losing has helped us along the way.... I just thought it was an interesting side note that they were a random out of conference team that UF hopscotched over or benefited from their successes in order for us to get to our championships. So go Bruins...kinda

Old 08-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #59
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle53 View Post
OSU = Owned by the Gators.

Have any Gator fans noticed that UCLA was actually a big help to us during three of our championship years? During the 06 football championship year, the only reason we were able to go was because UCLA beat USC which cleared the way for us. During the 1st basketball championship we beat UCLA in the title game and for the 2nd championship we beat them in the 1st final four game which put us into the game with OSU.....

So UCLA both winning and losing has helped us along the way.... I just thought it was an interesting side note that they were a random out of conference team that UF hopscotched over or benefited from their successes in order for us to get to our championships. So go Bruins...kinda

yeah, my old roommate pointed that out to me a couple months back. pretty interesting
Old 08-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #60
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Don't think he'll be cuming around again!