Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #21
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: Generally Speaking.....

Heres one I realized.

Generally speaking most CCs are a very good deal. I used to think it was not worth it. Then I ran the numbers and realized they are often a very good deal. I think most of us dont start out buying boxes which is where my misconception came from. Example a box of PSD4s run about 6.40 a stick. I generally spend atleast that when I buy a stick at the B&M. Its just you have to buy them all at once. Some of us broke asses have to be financially responsible for the month to do this.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:32 PM   #22
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sailor View Post
Generally speaking: when a new member goes to their first herf, they have questions galore about what to bring....IMHO, bring what you like to smoke, if you want to handout cigars to other attendees, go for it. Main thing to remember, is be yourself and enjoy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
And generally speaking, I believe it is always in good taste to bring a small gift (cigar, etc) for the Inmate who is hosting the local herf at his or her home, as a way of showing your appreciation for their generosity.

In addition, and generally speaking, try to have something positive to say from time to time about the members of the CFRH. If not, they make take the notion at their next herf to bomb your a$$
Generally speaking... Herfs are addicting because smoking alone is not what most of us want to do!!! Herfs give us a chance to meet new BOTL/SOTL and put faces and personalities with screen names!!! I was afraid my first time but after that I couldn't wait for the next, and the next. They are also a great place to bomb noobs!!!

BTW - You know you are a welcome Herf guest when you vomit in the host's backyard

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #23
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice

Quote:
And generally speaking, I believe it is always in good taste to bring a small gift (cigar, etc) for the Inmate who is hosting the local herf at his or her home, as a way of showing your appreciation for their generosity.

In addition, and generally speaking, try to have something positive to say from time to time about the members of the CFRH. If not, they make take the notion at their next herf to bomb your a$$
Excellent point!!
Old 04-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #24
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Heres one I realized.

Generally speaking most CCs are a very good deal. I used to think it was not worth it. Then I ran the numbers and realized they are often a very good deal. I think most of us dont start out buying boxes which is where my misconception came from. Example a box of PSD4s run about 6.40 a stick. I generally spend atleast that when I buy a stick at the B&M. Its just you have to buy them all at once. Some of us broke asses have to be financially responsible for the month to do this.
Agree...especially on the CC part, although I like NCs and CCs both!
Old 04-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #25
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Generally speaking... Herfs are addicting because smoking alone is not what most of us want to do!!! Herfs give us a chance to meet new BOTL/SOTL and put faces and personalities with screen names!!! I was afraid my first time but after that I couldn't wait for the next, and the next. They are also a great place to bomb noobs!!!

BTW - You know you are a welcome Herf guest when you vomit in the host's backyard
Generally speaking noobs attending their first herf do not bring enough empty storage. It is not presumptuous to bring an extra gallon ziplock bag! You look mighty silly going home from a herf with cigars sticking out of all your pockets!
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:23 PM   #26
DMK
S.O.B.

First Name: Darryl
Trading: (86)
Partagas
DMK is just really niceDMK is just really niceDMK is just really niceDMK is just really nice

O.K. my turn....

Generally speaking, when it comes to shipping (as a Canadian), in side the country to other Canadians I find our express post fast and usually reliable.
With a DC, a small package is about $7.00.
I don't use couriers due to cost.

Shipping to the U.S. can be a crap shoot.
Again I don't use couriers as they seem to love to hand all packages over for inspection...
I've had all methods of shipping fail at one time or another using the postal service.
Usually I find that our 'small packet air' service is the most reliable and the fastest, also oddly enough, the cheapest but no DC
The 'expedited parcel' which automatically comes with a DC seems to slow it down and the tracking is useless after it is handed off to another countries postal system.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #27
SmokinApe
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeremy
Trading: (35)
Bolivar
SmokinApe has a spectacular aura aboutSmokinApe has a spectacular aura about

Generally speaking it's good form to Pay It Forward...
SmokinApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #28
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Generally speaking... Post Whoring occurs when things get slow around here!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #29
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Generally speaking...if you start out with one humidor it will quickly multiple to two or three humidors. You may end up selling them to buy a vinotemp. Shortly after filling that you may buy another vinotemp and fill that. Once that happens you will get a cooler and fill that. It's a never ending cycle that I enjoy but my credit cards don't! So buy the biggest freakin cigar storage humidor you can get to begin with. Trust me on this
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #30
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
OK another one:

Generally Speaking...

I taste no difference between cigars I buy on line v.s. those at B&M's. Other than the either can suck ROTT or ROOTH based upon being over humidified. I think the premise of differences ties back to one key ingredient in enjoying the cigar... what is between your ears, than any intentional differences at manufacturing. If a B&M proprietor you respect (or friends for that matter, but I guesss you need friends for that to happen) hands you a cigar / recommends it, you will tend to enjoy that cigar more than one without any connection to that weird muddled place between your ears.
I agree the the notion that what's between your ears will generally affect your taste. This is a key factor to what folks believe about this subject. Those predisposed to think there is no difference will not taste one, and contrarily those predisposed to thinking there is will taste one. Generally speaking....I don't think we will ever know.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:52 PM   #31
ahc4353

Generally speaking some people make you wanna
Old 04-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #32
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Generally speaking.......................................... .uh I forgot what I was gonna say.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:54 PM   #33
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Generally Speaking...Al getting the hell bombed out of him provides some of the most entertaining posts in the great world of the Asylum!
Old 04-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #34
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Generally speaking, the Asylum's FOG's are pretty good at sniffing out the bullshit, so don't try it

Generally speaking, 19847731 pictures in one post doesn't neccessarily make it a good post and trying too hard will likely have the adverse effect on your intentions to be accepted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
Generally speaking some people make you wanna
Generally speaking, people who think they are right all the time will never admit fault in their arguments and never see another side to an argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
Generally speaking.......................................... .uh I forgot what I was gonna say.
Generally speaking, that happens a lot to the old guys around here and sometimes the young guys too
Old 04-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #35
ca21455
Working on Reality

First Name: John
Trading: (7)
Navy (Served With Honor)
ca21455 is on a distinguished road

Generally speaking:

Do what you want with wrappers, cut your cigar with something that works, light it with fire, smoke it if you enjoy it, buy where you feel comfortable, state your opinion and be nice.

I like it here.
ca21455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #36
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca21455 View Post
Generally speaking:

Do what you want with wrappers, cut your cigar with something that works, light it with fire, smoke it if you enjoy it, buy where you feel comfortable, state your opinion and be nice.

I like it here.
Generally speaking...WORD!
Old 04-20-2009, 07:07 PM   #37
jcarlton
Just a pisser

Trading: (2)
RyJ
jcarlton is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Generally speaking, he may have a point.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:45 PM   #38
mojo65
Relocation Engineer

First Name: mark
Trading: (4)
Punch
mojo65 is on a distinguished road

Generally speaking..... Cigar Smokers are the kindest most generous people on the planet. Ive had the pleasure of making the acquaintance of many.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:12 AM   #39
SeanGAR
Crotchety Geezer

Trading: (3)
SeanGAR has disabled reputation

Gernally speaking, it is not possible to bring too many cigars or too much bacon to a herf. Lots of cigars gives you lots of selection and the opportunity to share cigars you enjoy with others. Lots of bacon leaves enough for more than one person. Same goes with maple syrup .... and beer ... and scotch ... and rum. Did I mention cigars?

Generally speaking,when you're digging a hole and you can no longer see the trees .... you should put the shovel down.

Generally speaking, if you want to beat Dave at corn toss, you need to wake up early and practice ... a lot.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:30 AM   #40
Hardcz

Generally speaking it's funny to watch a giant of a man run back and forth from his seat to the food table you moved directly in front of you, so he can grab handfuls of chips and buffalo chicken dip at herfs.

And generally speaking, it's polite to laugh to yourself instead of point it out when he ninjas the bowl and puts it on his chair so he can hoard it.