Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #1681
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

The whole time I was there they (perhaps not the owners the range hands) were giving me crap for this and that. The down time when the range goes cold lasts between 20 and 30 minutes and I just dont have the patience to wait around when I could be sending lead down range at other places.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #1682
0002S
Alla En El Rancho Grande

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
0002S will become famous soon enough0002S will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
The whole time I was there they (perhaps not the owners the range hands) were giving me crap for this and that. The down time when the range goes cold lasts between 20 and 30 minutes and I just dont have the patience to wait around when I could be sending lead down range at other places.
Ah, standard live fire 40 on 20 off range rules.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:04 PM   #1683
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

First Name: Alex
Trading: (30)
Partagas Army (Disabled Vet)
SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002S View Post
Not that I know of
http://www.traderscreek.com/gun_clubs/florida.asp
Old 08-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #1684
SUOrangeGuy
Escaped using raincoats

Trading: (24)
Montecristo
SUOrangeGuy is on a distinguished road

I just ordered my first revolver. S&W 686+ 6" barrel. I should have it by the end of the week and I'm pretty excited.

Other than snap caps and a few speedloaders anybody have some good accessory recommendations?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #1685
Cigarcop
Wishin I Was Fishin

Trading: (40)
HdM
Cigarcop has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUOrangeGuy View Post
I just ordered my first revolver. S&W 686+ 6" barrel. I should have it by the end of the week and I'm pretty excited.

Other than snap caps and a few speedloaders anybody have some good accessory recommendations?

I have that same revolver in Stainless, only thing you might want is to ditch the wooden grips and get a set of Pachmayrs...moocho better in your hand
Old 08-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #1686
looking for know
Dr. Mike

First Name: Mike
Trading: (10)
Army (Served With Honor)
looking for know is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUOrangeGuy View Post

Good choice!
There's my 686 in the middle below. 6", full underlug, non-fluted. If your trigger is as light as mine, you'll want to be very careful firing single action.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:40 AM   #1687
JaKaacH
ROCK Chalk JAYHAWK K U

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (32)
RA
JaKaacH has disabled reputation

Don't take this link one way or another, as in a political direction or opinion.
I just wanted to provide this info for the shooters, hunters and collectors.

Talk of banning lead ammo.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #1688
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

What a shame.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:34 AM   #1689
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Idiots. If they push that through before November, the right could have a super-majority come January.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:24 PM   #1690
SUOrangeGuy
Escaped using raincoats

Trading: (24)
Montecristo
SUOrangeGuy is on a distinguished road

EPA already said no... so its a dead issue for now.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #1691
TheManWithNoName

Thumbs up Re: First Firearm Thread.

Love your pics Shawn

Old 08-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #1692
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaKaacH View Post
Don't take this link one way or another, as in a political direction or opinion.
I just wanted to provide this info for the shooters, hunters and collectors.

Talk of banning lead ammo.
Didn't they already ban lead shot for waterfowl hunting like 10-15 years ago? Or is that only a California thing?
Old 08-30-2010, 08:13 PM   #1693
JaKaacH
ROCK Chalk JAYHAWK K U

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Didn't they already ban lead shot for waterfowl hunting like 10-15 years ago? Or is that only a California thing?
Yes. Lead was banned for waterfowl hunting, nation wide I think. If I remember correctly the argument for the ban in waterfowl hunting areas was that the birds would ingest the lead shot while feeding. Not a waterfowl hunter but I'm guessing that the ducks and geese feed off of the bottom of shallow waters, thats how they ingest it, then they suffer from lead poisoning.

But shooting at the range punching holes in paper or bowling pins, knocking over steel plates I don't see much harm to wildlife in that instance. The banning of lead in ammo, in my opinion, was just a way to make the cost of shooting sports prohibitive for some.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #1694
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Yes. Lead was banned for waterfowl hunting, nation wide I think. If I remember correctly the argument for the ban in waterfowl hunting areas was that the birds would ingest the lead shot while feeding. Not a waterfowl hunter but I'm guessing that the ducks and geese feed off of the bottom of shallow waters, thats how they ingest it, then they suffer from lead poisoning.

But shooting at the range punching holes in paper or bowling pins, knocking over steel plates I don't see much harm to wildlife in that instance. The banning of lead in ammo, in my opinion, was just a way to make the cost of shooting sports prohibitive for some.
The argument to ban the lead sounds about like I remember it.

My comment wasn't about banning it for paper-punching (which is silly IMO), but rather a question based on how the article was written. The article made it sound as if there were no restrictions whatsoever on lead ammo in hunting use.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #1695
JaKaacH
ROCK Chalk JAYHAWK K U

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
The argument to ban the lead sounds about like I remember it.

My comment wasn't about banning it for paper-punching (which is silly IMO), but rather a question based on how the article was written. The article made it sound as if there were no restrictions whatsoever on lead ammo in hunting use.
They, the anti lead crowd, ought to think about what they wish for. I didn't think about it until I read it later, but the non-lead ammo would be less effective in hunting, and a danger to law enforcement. The non-lead ammo would have much more penetration. In hunting the bullets would go through the animal, leaving it wounded, instead of expanding and delivering all the energy for a quick kill. The extra penetration in relation to law enforcement might make some body armor ineffective/useless.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:15 AM   #1696
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
They, the anti lead crowd, ought to think about what they wish for. I didn't think about it until I read it later, but the non-lead ammo would be less effective in hunting, and a danger to law enforcement. The non-lead ammo would have much more penetration. In hunting the bullets would go through the animal, leaving it wounded, instead of expanding and delivering all the energy for a quick kill. The extra penetration in relation to law enforcement might make some body armor ineffective/useless.
Agree totally. Not to mention law enforment shooting "pass through" shots putting innocent bystanders in harms way.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:00 AM   #1697
Jokermann

I have looked at this thread enough, time to post a picture. My Springfield xD 9 with Heine night sights and a Kimber Pro Carry II 45 that I picked up earlier this week. The Kimber has night sights as well. Crummy cell phone pic...

Not pictured are a Walther P22, Remington 870 20 ga, Taurus PT 140 and a Marlinn 60 rifle.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:08 AM   #1698
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

First Name: Alex
Trading: (30)
Partagas Army (Disabled Vet)
SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all

Kimber Raptor 4" .45ACP w/Esmerelda hand crafted grips

http://www.esmeralda.cc/

Last edited by SNKBYT; 09-09-2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:10 AM   #1699
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Very nice!
Old 09-09-2010, 07:10 AM   #1700
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkbyt View Post
Kimber Raptor 4" .45ACP w/Esmerelda hand crafted grips

Nice grips and gun!

Still thinking about picking up a kimber. Anyone have anything negative to say about them? Looking at the covert custom II.
Closed Thread