Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
No, it was a joke, given your staunch support of Tebow and the gators so far this year. I knew you would
be in here as soon as you found time. You know there is not a shred of bad in my opinion of you.
I know it was all tongue in cheek, Brad....no worries, maybe a but of Vicodin induced posting by me though.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #742
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

The brat of the SEC that is Lane Kiffin is at it again gentlemen . The NCAA is looking into Tennessee recruiting violations for their use of "hostesses" in securing high school commitments. Why to call everybody out Lane and you be the one to have the least respectable conduct.

Rocky Top-less?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4727155

One more reason to hate Tennessee!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #743
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
Rocky Top-less?

hehehehe

One more reason to hate Tennessee!

You said it, brutha
Old 12-14-2009, 09:55 AM   #744
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Hey, Tim Tebow didn't cry at the Heisman Ceremony....What's the deal with that? I want my money back.

Congratulations to Mark Ingram on his Heisman selection. Now let's see if he can get by the Heisman-Bowl game jinx.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #745
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
The brat of the SEC that is Lane Kiffin is at it again gentlemen .
Is there a more wooden, personality-less, mouth-breather in NCAA football coaching today? Will there ever be?
Old 12-14-2009, 06:57 PM   #746
TheManWithNoName

Cool Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2009

Quote:
Hey, Tim Tebow didn't cry at the Heisman Ceremony....What's the deal with that? I want my money back.
It's ok, Ingram filled the crying quota at the ceremony. Wasn't Tebow the first player to even be invited three times?

Old 12-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #747
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManWithNoName View Post
Wasn't Tebow the first player to even be invited three times?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #748
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManWithNoName View Post
It's ok, Ingram filled the crying quota at the ceremony. Wasn't Tebow the first player to even be invited three times?
Hehe, you're right on that one.

I felt bad for Tebow, though. He was sitting there smiling and kind of knowing that he was not going to win,
and maybe thinking, "what the heck am I doing here?" But he had to know he was going to do better than McCoy.
And my guess is he thought he had a better chance than a defensive guy. And out of the two RBs, maybe he knew
he might place between them. But his 2009 was....ehh? It was good enough to be at the helm of the No.1 team all year,
but everybody could see he was well behind his previous year. What a tough call for him. I bet he can't even figure out
why he was not as good this year. It certainly is a mystery to me. By all rights he should have KILLED! And even at
that, I do not roll my eyes a bit when people say he might be the best player ever to play collegiate football.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #749
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
What a tough call for him. I bet he can't even figure out
why he was not as good this year. It certainly is a mystery to me.
By all rights he should have KILLED! And even at
that, I do not roll my eyes a bit when people say he might be the best player ever to play collegiate football.

Big part on the equation, IMHO....No more Percy Harvin.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #750
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Big part on the equation, IMHO....No more Percy Harvin.
i think just as big as no percy is horrible addazzio as our offensive cordinator. that guy's favorite ice cream has to be vanilla
Old 12-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #751
Powers

Bolivar

Lets go bowling!!!

Dec 27 - Kentucky vs Clemson

Dec 28 - Texas A&M vs Georgia

Dec 31 - Virginia Tech vs Tennessee

Jan 1 - Northwestern vs Auburn

Jan 1 - Penn State vs LSU

Jan 1 - Florida vs Cincinnati

Jan 9 - Alabama vs Texas

Old 12-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #752
ucubed
Corona Cigars

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (15)
ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

Meyer to coach final game at Sugar Bowl
Urban Meyer is stepping down as coach of the Florida football team, athletic director Jeremy Foley announced Saturday afternoon in a release.

"I have given my heart and soul to coaching college football and mentoring young men for the last 24-plus years and I have dedicated most of my waking moments the last five years to the Gator football program," Meyer, 45, said in statement. "I have ignored my health for years, but recent developments have forced me to reevaluate my priorities of faith and family.

"After consulting with my family, Dr. Machen, Jeremy Foley and my doctors, I believe it is in my best interest to step aside and focus on my health and family."

Meyer will coach his last game for Florida against Cincinnati on Jan. 1 at the Sugar Bowl.

"Coach Meyer and I have talked this through and I realize how hard this was for him to reach this decision," Foley said in a statement. "But, the bottom line is that Coach Meyer needed to make a choice that is in the best interest of his well being and his family. I certainly appreciate what he has meant to the University of Florida, our football program and the Gator Nation. I have never seen anyone more committed to his players, his family and his program. Above all, I appreciate our friendship."

Meyer helped the Gators win two national titles in five years at Florida. He is the only coach to win two BCS titles.

A three-time national coach of the year, Meyer is 95-18 in nine seasons. Meyer's five-year record at Florida is 56-10, including a school-record stretch of 22 straight consecutive wins, the fourth longest streak by an SEC team and the longest in the conference in 15 years.

Meyer, 45, holds a 32-8 mark in SEC play at Florida, which is the top career SEC winning percentage among head coaches who spent five years or more in the conference.

Meyer came to Florida from Utah, where he closed out his stint with 16 consecutive wins. He began his head coaching career at Bowling Green in 2001, where he engineered the top turnaround in NCAA Division I-A football, showing a six-win improvement from the previous season. The Falcons rebounded from a 2-9 record with their first winning season (8-3) since 1994.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #753
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

For real?
Old 12-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #754
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
For real?
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4772952

Old 12-28-2009, 05:39 PM   #755
Powers

Bolivar

can't say that i'm cheering for Georgia but i want them to get a W to represent the SEC well.

Looks like they're well on there way here in the middle of the 3rd quarter!
Old 12-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #756
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
can't say that i'm cheering for Georgia but i want them to get a W to represent the SEC well.

Looks like they're well on there way here in the middle of the 3rd quarter!
Come on Mike, you know you like em.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:00 AM   #757
Powers

Bolivar

SEC 2009 overall bowl record to date: 1-1

Kentucky 13 - Clemson 21

Georgia 44 - Texas A&M 20

Old 12-29-2009, 09:22 AM   #758
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Good to see the Dawgs put one on aTm.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:25 AM   #759
Powers

Bolivar

SEC 2009 overall bowl record to date: 1-2

Kentucky 13 - Clemson 21

Georgia 44 - Texas A&M 20

Tennessee 14 - Virginia Tech 37

Way to make the SEC look bad lane kiffin. We can always count on u!
Old 01-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #760
OLS
Suck It

HERE I COME TO SAAAVE THE DAAAAYYY!

GO Tigers...LSU BEAT PSU. It sounds like it already happened, but we'll have to wait and see about that.
I certainly think we will have no trouble with em.
Closed Thread