Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 07-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
badbriar

Default Flavor bomb cigar suggestions solicited

The resident Maduro Whore, Mac might be able to chime in here...
What cigars would be absolute flavor bombs that are also smooth?
Also... Let's keep the cost under $10.00
Don't care if they are mild or full bodied/ stagger your ass sticks. Main thing here is that the cigar have a ton of exceptionally good flavor.
Only ones I can think of are the Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor Reserva, Oliva V and Cusano 18 Paired Maduro ( with a little age on it).
Suggestions- ?
RR
Old 07-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Flavor bomb cigar suggestions solicited

RoMa Craft Intemperance BA Envy
L'Atelier LAT 46 SS
Undercrown Corona Viva
Ortega Wild Bunch Dandy McCoy
El Centurion
Tat Black Petit Lancero
La Sirena Sea Sprite
Room 101 Namakubi EC Filero
Room 101 Daruma Mutante
Casa Fernandez Aganorsa Leaf Maduro
Perdomo 20th Maduro CG6548
And a whole bunch I ain't remembering right now
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

If you want a flavor bomb that'll stick with you for 3 days (if it doesn't kill you), try the El Original Toro Maduro from Island Smoke Shop in Key Largo.
They are my all-time favorite flavor bomb, so thick and delicious you can hardly believe your luck. I've gone through box after box after box over the years and they remain consistent and wonderful.
They're very strong and full, but not so nicotine-laden that they'll make you chunk, so long as you have a good constitution. They are best a little on the wet side and with about 8 months on them, depending when they were minted. You'll be able to tell when you smell them. You want to let them sit for a couple months after all the ammonia is gone.
Be warned, you will be hooked. There is not a more maduro-flavored maduro out there.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
badbriar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
If you want a flavor bomb that'll stick with you for 3 days (if it doesn't kill you), try the El Original Toro Maduro from Island Smoke Shop in Key Largo.
They are my all-time favorite flavor bomb, so thick and delicious you can hardly believe your luck. I've gone through box after box after box over the years and they remain consistent and wonderful.
They're very strong and full, but not so nicotine-laden that they'll make you chunk, so long as you have a good constitution. They are best a little on the wet side and with about 8 months on them, depending when they were minted. You'll be able to tell when you smell them. You want to let them sit for a couple months after all the ammonia is gone.
Be warned, you will be hooked. There is not a more maduro-flavored maduro out there.
I'm already drooling! Where do you recommend getting them?
Btw.. Thanks for the info.
RR
Old 07-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
TXRebel
Have My Own Room

First Name: Cary
Trading: (12)
TXRebel has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbriar View Post
I'm already drooling! Where do you recommend getting them?
Btw.. Thanks for the info.
RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
from Island Smoke Shop in Key Largo.
+1 Island Smoke Shop

Last edited by TXRebel; 07-03-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Link
TXRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

One I've been digging a lot of lately is the PDR Series 1878 Capa Oscura. Atlantic Cigar has the corona for $ 62.95 a box right now.

Will post a longer list for ya later Rob.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

20% off the El Original Toro Maduro for Independence Day. It's a Made in America sale.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #8
Simple1
Livin' the dream

First Name: Brian
Trading: (14)
ERdM
Simple1 will become famous soon enough

Liga Papas Fritas are full of spice and flavor, but in a smooth, petite package. And for a larger stick, the Tatuaje Avion.
Simple1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #9
badbriar

Default Flavor bomb ... Found it!

I finally found the flavor bomb stick that I've been looking for. Had picked up a Padron 3000 maduro about 6 months ago, put it in the wineador and promptly forgot About it. Having only sampled one other Padron, a 3000 natural which I really disliked, this new purchase held little promise. Tonite, I decided to try something different. Wanted a dark, strong cigar, so the Padron maduro came out. Hot Damn - what a great cigar!!! Right from the first draw, the flavors were strong, but very smooth. The flavors varied quite a bit, but never were anything but superb right to the nub. Perfect burn and draw and amazingly good coffee, bittersweet chocolate, leather, cedar, etc, etc. Absolutely one of the best cigars I've had the pleasure to experience. These will surely be a staple in the collection from now on.
RR
Old 07-18-2013, 06:40 AM   #10
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Flavor bomb ... Found it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbriar View Post
I finally found the flavor bomb stick that I've been looking for. Had picked up a Padron 3000 maduro about 6 months ago, put it in the wineador and promptly forgot About it. Having only sampled one other Padron, a 3000 natural which I really disliked, this new purchase held little promise. Tonite, I decided to try something different. Wanted a dark, strong cigar, so the Padron maduro came out. Hot Damn - what a great cigar!!! Right from the first draw, the flavors were strong, but very smooth. The flavors varied quite a bit, but never were anything but superb right to the nub. Perfect burn and draw and amazingly good coffee, bittersweet chocolate, leather, cedar, etc, etc. Absolutely one of the best cigars I've had the pleasure to experience. These will surely be a staple in the collection from now on.
RR
Yep, that's a good one. I have some 4000 maduros in my humi but prefer the 3000 maduro. Once I smoke the 4000s up I'm going back to the 3000s and sticking with them.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #11
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

I've always found the LFD Double Ligero quite flavor packed. Especially in Lancero.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #12
Garbandz
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (53)
Garbandz will become famous soon enough

+1 for the Romacraft,excellent blending and a ton of flavor.I like the Intemperance line........

Never heard a negative word about Padron.Same profile today as ten years ago,consistant and flavorful.

The Padron Anniv. sticks are the only sticks I pay a big price for...........

If you look at the avatar in post #11 and then at mine,you will see a similarity.The similarity is that neither one is what it appears to be at first glance.

Mine is a photo through a bannister on a porch overlooking an inlet.

Isaiah's is a lamp.

Last edited by Garbandz; 07-18-2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: clarity
Garbandz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #13
CoffeeWaterBeer
Critiquing Perique

First Name: Seth
Trading: (13)
Partagas
CoffeeWaterBeer will become famous soon enough

I had a Padron 4k or 5k a week or so ago with an unkown age on it. It was gifted to me by my FIL. I gotta say, it was like smoking a bowl of cocoa puffs, so much chocolatey flavor! I've tasted cocoa in sticks before but nothing like this, it was almost like it was infused.
CoffeeWaterBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #14
Simple1
Livin' the dream

First Name: Brian
Trading: (14)
ERdM
Simple1 will become famous soon enough

I am waiting to try the Padron TP40. It's a 1926 maduro blend, that I'm guessing is pretty amazing, but not sure how close it might be to the 3000 blend.
Simple1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #15
Ubiquitous
Living life at top speed

First Name: Travis
Trading: (6)
Montecristo CoastGuard (Active)
Ubiquitous is on a distinguished road

Quesada Espaņa Especial Corona! What a roller coaster
Old 07-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #16
bstarrs
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Braeden
Trading: (3)
Bolivar
bstarrs is on a distinguished road

I'm still fairly new to NC's but from my limited experience I have enjoyed La Aroma de Cuba, CAO Brazilia Gols, and Old Henry Maduro Robustos a lot. If you have access to CCs the ultimate flavor bomb in my experience is the H Upmann Mag 46.
bstarrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #17
MUNKY
Resident Pig Hunter

First Name: Brandon
Trading: (19)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
MUNKY will become famous soon enoughMUNKY will become famous soon enough

Herrera Esteli, this will be my next box purchase. So yummy
MUNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #18
Robulous78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
One I've been digging a lot of lately is the PDR Series 1878 Capa Oscura. Atlantic Cigar has the corona for $ 62.95 a box right now.

Will post a longer list for ya later Rob.
x2 on the PDR Oscura, got one from Mac and Tony, had it earlier this week and it was good, for that price, GREAT!!!

I also would repeat the 601 Blue but I am sure you have heard it enough already...

A personal favorite of mine that can be shoehorned into fitting this bill would be the Excalibur 1066 Dark Knight...

1066 Dark Knight

Dark, Smooth, and oily, stays on the pallet for a while after you smoke it... good stuff...
Old 07-29-2013, 06:53 AM   #19
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

Mac and/or Rob, is that the red label that you're referring to? I'm getting lost looking through Atlantic's PDR stuff.

I seem to recall a couple years ago that I had a PDR Oscuro (1878, I believe) that had a blue label. It was fantastic, but I forgot about it and never searched for them. I suppose it may have been named a maduro vice oscuro, however. Since then, I've had various PDR's that come up on CBID - all decent, none really great. The Reserva Limitada was nice and chewy and at $2 was a good buy, but didn't approach my memories of the single 1878 I'd had.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:09 AM   #20
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Dave. that's the one. In the PDR Series 1878 line, the red label is the Oscura, the black label the Madura, the blue label is the Habana and the White label is the Conny.