Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 12-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #41
SmokinCozy
I don't smoke that

First Name: Craig
Trading: (47)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
SmokinCozy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Probably a STUPID question but I'll ask anyway...

I'm going through this right now, just not in the mood to smoke. I know I will come out of it as this has happened before
Old 12-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #42
Ol' Times Cigars
www.oltimescigars.com

First Name: Jonathan
Trading: (4)
Ol' Times Cigars is on a distinguished road

Never had this happen to me but maybe it is related to the amount you were smoking. I have had times when I've been to the annual IPCPR and just didn't feel like smoking. I get there ready and excited to try all the new stuff but then after one or two you just get smoked out. There is enough cigar smoke in the convention centers to make it feel as if you are smoking one even when youre not. Maybe this is what has happened to you. You smoked so frequently that you just burn yourself out. I limit myself to 1 or 2 a day and sometimes I won't have one, but then there are times when I have an early one and just feel like treating myself to another later on in the day. Just wait it out, maybe have one for whatever holiday you celebrate and one new years eve and see where you go from there.

The stress from the new job should make you want to smoke a cigar and relax. Could be the new bride. My previous girlfriend didn't like the smell of cigars and hated when I smoked, even though thats basically part of my job. My current girlfriend could care less so I find myself smoking more cigars during the day. Not trying to blame it on your wife but whats her attitude toward it? Could be a factor in you decision.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #43
Chingas
Death Is Waiting

First Name: Chingas
Trading: (35)
Partagas
Chingas has disabled reputation

Damn Jeremy. All the posts are good. Some spot on. But one thing not mentioned is company. Smoking with great company can bring the enjoyment back fully. May I suggest your Dad over the holidays.

Just to rub salt in your wounds, you can't bomb if you dont smoke!. I think you'll be lighting up tonight!
Old 12-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #44
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingas View Post
Smoking with great company can bring the enjoyment back fully. May I suggest your Dad over the holidays.
One thing I never really got to do with my dad before he passed, so enjoy it for all it's worth. My dad never really took to cigars at all.

I think they might have a little something to drink now at least.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #45
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

I've smoked one cigar in the past two to three months. I'll be back, definitely, but haven't had a desire to smoke right now. Maybe it's b/c of the cigarettes with me though.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #46
BC-Axeman

Usually I get too busy to smoke. No hour and a half window ever opens up to stop and relax with a cigar or there is no place to smoke. So I look forward to every chance I get. If I could smoke any time I wanted to I might have a chance to grow weary of it. But for now I can't even relate.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:18 PM   #47
gvarsity
still crazy

Trading: (15)
gvarsity will become famous soon enough

With big changes like a new job and being recently married that can really change your priorities in the short term. I have been way down on my cigar smoking since my son was born in July. The same thing happened after my daughter was born two years ago. As the home life settled down my interest and opportunity came back.
gvarsity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #48
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

some times i'll go a week or two without going to the local shop to smoke other times i'm there all the time. that's the great thing about cigars, and pipes for that matter, you can let them sit and as long as you take care of them, they'll still be there for you when you get back
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #49
Ol' Times Cigars
www.oltimescigars.com

First Name: Jonathan
Ol' Times Cigars is on a distinguished road

What was the old job and whats the new job? Are you working harder, longer hours or later? Maybe your just running out of energy during the week.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #50
B.L. Sims

Yup, after starting on pipes this summer ive had exactly 1 cigar.

Im giving serious thought to culling most of whats in my vinodor and keeping a few premiums in a small desktop humidor when I get the itch. Im deffnately done smoking "bargain" cigars that are "meh" at best.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:51 AM   #51
Jbailey
Brewcifer

First Name: Dave
Trading: (17)
Jbailey has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Never force it, smoking cigars should be sheer pleasure, relaxation, enjoyment. When you are ready, you will know it.
Damn straight!

It's been since the November Mob Herf since I last smoked. For me it's a few things like the cold weather and traveling to a cigar bar. The other thing is I'm more of a social smoker and enjoy having a few drinks and smoke with friends over smoking by myself.

Which is all OK since my cigars won't go bad. They can sit there until I feel like grabbing one of five.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:02 AM   #52
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Times Cigars View Post
What was the old job and whats the new job? Are you working harder, longer hours or later? Maybe your just running out of energy during the week.
I'd rather not reveal that in full but I can tell you that both occupations, old and new, are jobs that I can really enjoy as I most often do.

The previous job was very long hours... with a more than overbearing boss.

The current job is a little more pressure but also less stressful due to a much cooler boss and more room to make my own decisions... in fact I pretty much get to do what I want when I want.

The thing is that I'm very good at what I do now... and I was very good at what I did before.
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:41 AM   #53
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjavanish View Post
I'd rather not reveal that in full but I can tell you that both occupations, old and new, are jobs that I can really enjoy as I most often do.

The previous job was very long hours... with a more than overbearing boss.

The current job is a little more pressure but also less stressful due to a much cooler boss and more room to make my own decisions... in fact I pretty much get to do what I want when I want.

The thing is that I'm very good at what I do now... and I was very good at what I did before.
Just sounds like a life style adjustment. Maybe you associated smoking with your old boss (needing a cigar to relax). I am sure things will change and you will smoke that Mag 48 and it will help . Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:07 PM   #54
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Been there before. The winter months are always slower for me. I'm really a social smoker too. I will not usually smoke alone or when just me and the kids are home. Now that I have a nice heated sunroom I can smoke in, I still am not smoking 1/3 as much as I did in the summer.

I've been here before though. It comes and goes. Keep collecting and buy something outside your comfort zone. When you get the itch back, you'll have something new to try.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #55
guitar4001
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Paul
Trading: (0)
VR Army (Active)
guitar4001 is on a distinguished road

when it gets cold my cigar "cravings" go away. I am tempted from time to time, but not like in the summer time. If I could get to a good cigar store with a lounge, I would smoke all the time, but alas, that isn't happening.
guitar4001 is offline   Reply With Quote