Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2008, 09:32 AM   #10
mrreindeer

Default Re: Foie Gras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottw View Post
Love the stuff although even thinking about it elevates my cholesterol. Last time I had it was seared and served on top of a petite filet over a potato puree. A bit of red wine on the side and I was dining like a king!!!
I'm with Scott on both. So high in cholesterol but so good. My fave is also seared, almost to a crispy outside, in a balsamic reduction. If it's on the menu like that or similar, I'll likely indulge. So freakin' good. Damn it, Dustin, you've done it again (sushi, now foie gras).

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
I must admit the stories of ducks having grain shoved down their throats by a pipe is a little disturbing
Yeah, not so thrilled about this either but I try not to think about it. I hear they feed the birds until their stomachs actually explode. Why the heck do they have to do that??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Do not like Foie Gras at all. Even had it in Lyon France, had it stuffed in filet mignon, had it other ways... Yuck. I do not like irony tastes in meat like liver or organ meats...
Not sure how you've had it Moses but it really shouldn't taste irony the way a lot of the nice joints are fixin' it up. Liver & onions, yeah, a little irony I think (from last I had it & it's been years) but seared foie gras, nothin' like it, just crispy, creamy goodness, almost melts in your mouth with a great sweet sauce over it! I'd give it another shot at a really nice place.