Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Alabama Record Alligator.

The size of this hog is unreal.
I don't think they dragged it out with 4 wheelers. As a guy who's dragged deer up strip mine cliffs after they ran down over and died, and dragged old Uncle Pete's deer from 10 miles the other side of the railroad tunnel, I can tell you that I'd take one look at this thing and say "You're on your own".
Makes me wonder how they dragged it out?

Old 09-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #2
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Alabama Record Alligator.

Turns out McDonald's bought this lizard. They McDonald's rep was heard to say "There's a hella mess of McNuggets on that critter!!!'
Only in Alabama.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:12 PM   #3
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

So True, Scott! Only In Alabama!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #4
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I have seen a lot of really big alligators sunning in the wild, monsters, 15-16 feet long and up. That's a big alligator right there.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:49 PM   #5
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
"Alligators are still protected by law," according to the state's wildlife services website, but "Alabama has instituted a program for limited hunting in an effort to control populations and increase the animal's wariness to humans."
Should have let this one go, it's lived a long time and probably didn't deserve to get offed by some inbred hicks.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #6
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Should have let this one go, it's lived a long time and probably didn't deserve to get offed by some inbred hicks.
That's the ones you wanna get. The ones who can swallow people whole.
They're supposed to be fantastic eating, too. Look at the size of the steaks you'd get off that tail, Adam. They'd be like Fred Flintstone steaks. Squirt a quart of Fat Boy's sauce on it, and you got some good eating!!!

I've never shot or cleaned a gator. I have no idea if they're white meat or red meat or what. I saw some folks in Florida eating Iguana they shot in the mangroves, and that meat looked just like squirrel or rabbit.
Now I need to go google alligator meat.
Edit:
Huh. It looks a lot like fish meat on the order of salmon. Pinkish like chicken. Super lean. I bet it's delicious.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:39 PM   #7
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Fresh gator tail is awesome. Had gator tail within an hour of killing a gator many times when I lived in Florida.

When they get that big, the state wants them out of populated areas. Back when they were "endangered" back in the 80's, they would relocate them to the Everglades. Now they're plentiful again, and they sell tags to kill them for meat and hides. But when they get in that 14+ foot range, the state steps in if they need to.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:02 AM   #8
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

It is probably best described as a cross between firm fish and a pork chop, Scott.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:33 AM   #9
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

All the pics I saw had cooked it up in beer batter or eggwash and flour.
It must really stand on it's own, flavorwise.
All I really know about them is that they're in every ditch and suckhole in Florida, and they're way too fast to pee on. I tried. Many times.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:35 AM   #10
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Now I'm hungry for pork chops.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:51 AM   #11
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Peter, Weeze has been making pork chops in some type of brown marinade that's almost like Teriyaki. It's killer. I bet it'd be excellent on alligator, too.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:31 AM   #12
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Teriyaki pork chops...
Old 09-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #13
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Teriyaki alligator chops...

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:12 AM   #14
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I'm starting to wish we had snow gators in all these swamps around here. GIANT snow gators. I'm gonna need to buy a tractor.