Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default I went and flaked out

My wife has always said I'm a bit flaky, well...

There was some discussion in another thread about comfortable pipe tobaccos, and I got all excited about some stuff that I had run out of. So I cruised over to Pipes and Cigars and was looking around. If I ordered a minimum of 4oz of particular tobaccos, the price was cheaper. If I ordered a minimum of $100, shipping was free.

Well, I got all flaked out and placed this order.

McClelland #2000 Fragrant Matured Cake
A light, soft sweet cake tobacco that will appeal to those who have been smoking the various sweet, black tobaccos and aromatics because of its cooler, dryer smoking qualities and natural tobacco taste.

McClelland #2010 Classic Virginia
A blend of Eastern and Middle Belt lemon, orange and orange-red Virginias. Sweet, smooth & zesty. A light bodied, naturally sweet , satisfying Virginia.

McClelland #2015 VA Flake w/ Perique
Made from orange and red Virginias to which enough Perique has been added to create a refreshing smoke with a satisfying richness and depth of flavor. Well-balanced, dark matured cake.

McClelland #2020 Matured Cake
Aging of this blend of Lemon and Orange Virginias, Xanthi and Latakia in cakes develops an extra margin of smoothness and an uncommonly rich flavor that is refined, not heavy.

McClelland #2025 English Cavendish Flake
A pleasant, rather light, broken, small-flake tobacco composed of lemon Brazilian and orange Middle Belt leaf seasoned with enough Xanthi to be satisfying throughout the day without becoming tiresome. Rounder than a straight Virginia.

McClelland #2035 Dark Navy Flake
A beautifully dark, pungent cake. It is sweet and rich without being as strong or stout in body as dark flakes have traditionally been. Eastern belt lemon, leaf and cutter grade tobacco, aged and lightly stoved.

McClelland #2050 Oriental Cavendish
An unusual mixture containing no Latakia, but still has a rich, round flavor. Liberal quantities of Orientals and a special Virginia Cavendish combine with Black Cavendish to make this a tobacco which should satisfy a great many smokers.

McClelland #5115 Old World Classic Cake
A matured cake blend of the finest lemon and orange-red Virginias. It is enhanced with natural fruit essences. Lightly sweet, satisfying, smooth, but with a little zest. This is Matured Virginia at its traditional best.

Gawith & Hoggarth Bob's Chocolate Flake
The main characteristics of this flake come from the 8% Latakia included in the blend and the smooth chocolate aroma. Brazilian, Zimbabwe and Malawi Virginia leaf make up 82% of the blend providing a mild/medium smoke cooled with the addition of 8% Malawi sun cured and 2% Malawi Burley. The Latakia cools but also adds strength and aroma. The cocoa casings and chocolate top flavors are rounded off with vanilla and other flavors providing sweet notes in this very unique and popular blend.

That's right, 4oz of each of the McClelland bulk broken flakes (I noticed I didn't have any left of them). Finally, one last flake I to top the free shipping mark.

These are all great blends and age impeccably well. I put them all in 1/2 pint mason jars and set them aside. I kept about 2 bowls of each out to smoke in the next few weeks.

I had some 5115 last night, and it was grand. I rubbed it out completely, put it in my Becker billiard, lit it up and had a cool flavorful smoke. Although there is a topnote, it is done with a light hand - you notice it in the bag and in the room note - but the tobacco is of exquisite quality and the "fruit essences" do not cover up the wonderful flavors of the constituent Virginias.

Peace of the Lord be with you.