Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Tat Mini Mum

These showed up today (thanks to BlkDrew for hooking me up a box), decided to try out the Mum. Heres some of my rambling notes, also looked at DanReeve's prerelease review for some extra insight along the way.

~$7.50
Corona 5 3/4 x 42
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Sun Grown Criollo
Binder: Nic
Filler: Nic

Prelight: Few small-medium sized veins. Closed foot. Smells sweet/almost floral. Sweet hayish on the draw.

1/3: Peppery leather straight off the bat, mostly pepper for the first inch, which then subsided to a leathery toast for the remainder of the first third.

2/3: Leather, cedar is replacing most if not all of the black pepper flavor. Very well balanced cigar. As it burns down the pepper is all but gone, however you find the pepper flavor as a lingering after taste that lasts well into the next puff giving a minute or more between puffs. Wasn't paying attention and allowed to go out. Relight picked up right where it left off with no harsh stale smoke taste.

3/3: Smooth smoke, produces tons of smoke every puff with no effort. Only flavors I really picked up were a continuing leathery/cedar flavor.

Final thoughts: Lots of smoke with good flavor the whole way through. Retro-haling was kind of harsh with black pepper at times. Great little smoke that lasted around an hour and twenty minutes. If this is anything like its full size brother will be, were all in for a great treat!

85/100 in my score book!
Old 07-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #2
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tat Mini Mum

Great Review, Andrew! I See You Smoked This Fresh; It Will Be Interesting To See How These Are After A Few Months Of Rest! Thanks For The Review, Brother!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Sweet review!!!

I may have to find this one!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:07 AM   #4
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I really enjoyed this cigar. Thanks for the review.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #5
Infecting Via PM

First Name: Brendon
Trading: (35)
RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about

Got a couple resting, looking forward to trying it. Thanks for the review!
363 is offline   Reply With Quote