Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-22-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default La Aurora Preferidos Edition Ruby Tubo

Date: 5/22/09

Cigar: La Aurora Preferidos Edition Ruby (5x54)

Cost: I don't remember. I bought this last year.

Drink: Cherry Coke

Appearance: This has a Brazilian maduro wrapper on it. It comes in a red tube. The appearance gets a 10/10 .

Taste of the cigar: This cigar tastes like cocoa. It was kind of one dimensiional once I got to the fattest part of the perfecto.

Construction: Held a pretty long ash. I didn't have to touch up the cigar at all. The draw was perfect.

Strength: This was a medium-full bodied cigar.

Summary: This cigar was pretty good. I wish it had more complexity. I don't know if it is worth the price. For this price, I would rather buy a Padron Serie 1926 or the Emerald version of this cigar. I give it a 7.5/10.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
darkninja67

Default Re: La Aurora Preferidos Edition Ruby Tubo

Thanks for the review and pics. The La Aurora Tubos intrigue me. I need to try some soon.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #3
DougBushBC

I really like the Ruby and the Emerald... I have not had great experiences with the others... Good smokes, not for the price point.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:44 PM   #4
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

First Name: David
Trading: (24)
RA
Catfish has disabled reputation

Does it make me a cheap b@stard ( or just really ignorant about the costs involved in making a really good cigar) to think that's too much money for such a quick smoke / small cigar?
Old 05-22-2009, 04:45 PM   #5
tuxpuff
Feeling at Home

First Name: Luke
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
tuxpuff will become famous soon enough

Great review...I agree with your assessment about wanting more complexity out of this stick.
tuxpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:40 PM   #6
RaiderinKS

I found them to be more complex than you are describing. But the biggest thing is that for a smoke on the fuller range, it has zero harshness whatsoever. That *is* something special.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:07 PM   #7
shadow king
Fresh outta Ad Seg

First Name: Matt
Trading: (19)
Quintero
shadow king is on a distinguished road

Agree that these are an awesome smoke. Bought a box of these during those pre SCHIP sales. They are getting better and better each one I light up. I can smoke one without ashing it once! They give Padron a run for their money in the quality dept. Also they are the perfect smoke for me which I prefer in the 1- 1 1/2 hour range.

If you can afford these in your humidor, I highly recommend.
shadow king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:59 PM   #8
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the review. I have been meaning to try this one, mostly because it's a Maduro. WOW!!!..Can't believe how small compared to the tube. Would you smoke it again?
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:10 PM   #9
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Thanks for the review. I have been meaning to try this one, mostly because it's a Maduro. WOW!!!..Can't believe how small compared to the tube. Would you smoke it again?
Probably not. I prefer the Emerald (green) tubo.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote