Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-15-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Van 't Veen Corona (dry cigar)

These extremely cheap, ring 40 120mm long machine made Dutch shortfiller made of filler from Java, Sumatra, Brazil, Vorstenlanden and Havana tobacco with a Java binder and a Sumatra wrapper is only available from the factory at their website www.sigarenfabriekvantveen.nl They come without a cap, so you don’t have to cut them. The cigar has a pretty strong manure odor and feels quite firm. The wrapper isn’t real pretty, it got lots of veins running all over.

I could taste a pretty strong tobacco flavor, but the Brazil blend gives it a nice sweetness. Pretty soon I discovered some leather too, but that disappeared just to show up again a bit later. The cigar becomes stronger at the body. The flavors aren’t smooth at all, just raw, unpolished and that makes this cigar perfect for crowded pubs or concerts where you can’t find the silence and peace you need to fully enjoy an expensive longfiller but because of the rawness it’s not a suitable cigar if you really want to enjoy a premium cigar.

The smoke is quite thick, and the ash is firm and darkish grey but it breaks too easy. The burn and draw are very good.

Would I buy this cigar again? For this price, yeah, as long as it’s allowed to smoke in pubs and at concerts -----> this is an old review, as from july 1st 2008 it's not allowed to smoke in bars and at concerts anymore so I stopped buying these smokes.
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote