Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 01-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #41
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Cremosa Cubana

I've been wondering of these were as bad as people thought and wanted to give one a try... until your review.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #42
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax View Post
I've been wondering of these were as bad as people thought and wanted to give one a try... until your review.
Tim wanna trade Cremosa for VR?
Old 01-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #43
doctorcue
BABOTL - VP of Drinking

First Name: Danny
Trading: (2)
VR
doctorcue is on a distinguished road

Hah... I remember thinking this "stick" was OK when Darrell hit me with one. Yet, slowly but surely it started to suck and get acrid. Yet, I think people should take at least one puff. If anything; these dog-rockets make you appreciate all smokes. Even the so-so ones.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #44
Wanger

OK...I just had one of these nastys this weekend. Dan sent it to me blind and said he'd tell me what it was after I smoked it.

So. I looked at the cigar pre cutting. Not a triple cap...not a CC. Decently constructed and very light color. Not a whole lot of scent to it. Cut cleanly with my Palio. Fist draws prelite were fairly bland...not much flavor at all.

So after lighting it, I am bombarded with underfermented and grassy nastiness. The flavor was horrible. It was one of the worst, if not the worst cigars I've ever had. I decided to give it a go and hope that it would get better. Nope. Not at all. The flavor was purely rancid to me. Like I said...underfermented and like grass and hay. YUCK!!! I smoked between 1/3 and 1/2 of it before I had to pitch it. I didn't want to destroy my taste bud permanently.

So in closing thanks but no thanks Dan for giving me the opportunity (!?!?!?!?!?!) to tryone of these legends (of ill repute).
Old 03-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #45
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

I bought a 5'er of these off of Hardcz. That was a mistake. The cigar smelled like dog feces, and the taste was just as bad. Stay far away from these pieces of s***. I will bomb some people on here with the remaining 4, so watch out.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #46
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

I heard Steve and Gary like them Dan
Old 03-02-2009, 01:29 PM   #47
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
I heard Steve and Gary like them Dan
Actually, Bao said he likes them. Hmmmm.. there is an idea!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:18 AM   #48
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

You guys hit the nail on the head with these turds. For the first 1/2 inch you're thinking, these aren't THAT bad or they could be worse...

and that's when it happens. They get worse, much much worse.

Dan brought a bunch of them to our monthy herf in Rochester, MI. That's where SAM's avatar pic was taken, about when his Cremosa hit the 1/2 in point. We all pitched them at the same time.

The only thing worse than that Cremosa was the aroma from the Cherry bomb he lit up later. He just about cleared the room with that stench. We actually made him put it out.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #49
Cigargal
Waiting for SoCal XI

Trading: (25)
Partagas
Cigargal will become famous soon enoughCigargal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw1249 View Post
hi all how bad can they be are they as bad as QUORUM cigars
There's one born every minute.
Cigargal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #50
landhoney
Mr. Charisma

First Name: Seth
Trading: (32)
landhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura about

Finally smoking one of these. Bobarian 'kindly' (notice the quotes) gifted me TWO of these, churchills no less. Its funny because, like the OP, it didn't start out so bad. The first few puffs I was thinking, "this is not good....but its not that bad". But slowly the bad flavor builds in your mouth. I was thinking "you should keep smoking to give it a fair shake." But then I kept noticing this bad flavor in my mouth building. And I want to put the cigar down, but like a bad movie, you sometimes want to see how bad it will get. Oh well, 3/4 of an inch is all I can stomach. Maybe I didn't get to the 'absolutely wretched' point, but at least I can say I have experienced all that is "CREMOSA".
landhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #51
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by landhoney View Post
Finally smoking one of these. Bobarian 'kindly' (notice the quotes) gifted me TWO of these, churchills no less. Its funny because, like the OP, it didn't start out so bad. The first few puffs I was thinking, "this is not good....but its not that bad". But slowly the bad flavor builds in your mouth. I was thinking "you should keep smoking to give it a fair shake." But then I kept noticing this bad flavor in my mouth building. And I want to put the cigar down, but like a bad movie, you sometimes want to see how bad it will get. Oh well, 3/4 of an inch is all I can stomach. Maybe I didn't get to the 'absolutely wretched' point, but at least I can say I have experienced all that is "CREMOSA".
Yep. The first 0.5 inch wasn't bad, then it was horrible
Old 03-23-2009, 09:19 PM   #52
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Kudos on having the guts to do what I would not... hysterical!
Old 03-24-2009, 01:09 AM   #53
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by landhoney View Post
They are definitely an "experience". This weekend at the Barn herf I witnessed one of the most heroic feats of smoking I have ever seen. Bonjing(Greg) manned up big time and smoked one past the band!
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #54
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

either my pallet is not as refined as you guys, or i may have none at all . I think i just got lucky. full clouds of smoke, but not much if any flavor. it did get a little bitter here and there but it quickly disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
They are definitely an "experience". This weekend at the Barn herf I witnessed one of the most heroic feats of smoking I have ever seen. Bonjing(Greg) manned up big time and smoked one past the band!
you sure you didn't mean horrific
bonjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:14 PM   #55
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjing View Post

either my pallet is not as refined as you guys, or i may have none at all . I think i just got lucky. full clouds of smoke, but not much if any flavor. it did get a little bitter here and there but it quickly disappeared.

you sure you didn't mean horrific
You're right. I couldt figure out whether to rise and cheer or shake my head in pity.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:34 PM   #56
BORIStheBLADE
_

First Name: Mike
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
BORIStheBLADE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobarian View Post
You're right. I couldt figure out whether to rise and cheer or shake my head in pity.
Thats some funny stuff..