Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #41
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Candela- The forgotten wrapper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
When my son was born, I gave Iguana candela cigars out to my friends who were into reptiles. I had a few of them. They weren't half bad, to me. A nice change of pace, and I thought that they had a rather sweet flavor to them. It's been a while since I've smoked one, and I know my tastes have changed since then, so who knows if I'd still like them.
"Iguana" wasn't bad, but, like you, that was many years ago and I probably wouldn't like it now.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #42
bookman

Did you know that candela cigars are also called

"the frog of war"?
Old 07-15-2009, 08:51 PM   #43
Snake Hips
Götterdämmerung

First Name: Tyler
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
Snake Hips will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookman View Post
If anyone would like to try some very mild Don Tomas candela toros let me know. But only if yr interested! I'd be glad to send a couple.
I could trade you something for a try if the offer's still going. I'm absolutely a fan of the Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 Candela and have been looking for others outside of Fuente's offerings to give a whack.
Snake Hips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:59 PM   #44
weak_link
The Stranger

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Hips View Post
I could trade you something for a try if the offer's still going. I'm absolutely a fan of the Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 Candela and have been looking for others outside of Fuente's offerings to give a whack.
Whatever you do, don't try the 'Angry Elf.' Bobarian made me smoke one at a herf and it left me wishing I had brought a tongue scraper and a couple ounces of mouth disinfectant.
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote