Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #21
ActionAndy
Dayman, Master of Karate

First Name: Andy
Trading: (7)
HdM
ActionAndy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pet peeves lets hear em.

I don't like receiving the "go-ahead" wave when it wasn't my right of way. The rules of the road exist for everyone. I know you think you're being kind by waving me on to take my left turn, but you're actually interfering with everyone's habits of traffic. It's arrogant and potentially dangerous; you're not the princess of the street. (I do appreciate being let out when traffic's heavy, I'm talking about being at an intersection with only a few other vehicles).

In general, people with no tact. People that just can't seem to take a hint. This girl at work is in constant need of self-esteem bolstering and I'm about to run out of patience. I'm not your boyfriend, if you need to hear that you're pretty, go talk to him. or dump him. It's really past the point of being under my control.

Just today she mentioned how she wants to be a fitness model/bodybuilder. She DOES have sick abs and just won some local bikini contest. So my other friend said "wow that sounds like fun." And the model girl goes "That's how you encourage a friend?"

What the heck did she want?!
ActionAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #22
landhoney
Mr. Charisma

First Name: Seth
Trading: (32)
landhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura about

Rubberneckers Give me a break, we just sat in traffic for half-an-hour because people in front of you had to take a look, now it's your turn This happens sometimes even when the accident is in the other direction on the other side of the highway, double

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionAndy View Post
I don't like receiving the "go-ahead" wave when it wasn't my right of way. The rules of the road exist for everyone. I know you think you're being kind by waving me on to take my left turn, but you're actually interfering with everyone's habits of traffic. It's arrogant and potentially dangerous; you're not the princess of the street.
I HATE this, and I mean hate.
landhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #23
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

People who hit me or poke me with a fork.

MCS
Old 04-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #24
piperman

When you happen to look at someone and they say WHAT, and that is mainly the punks I hate them but I think I hate everyone,
Old 04-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #25
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
Tag, you're it!

Oh this morning on the way into work, double lane highway. Old man driving in right lane. Apparently sleeping as I approach he drifts to the right. Just as I'm about to pass he drifts to the left into my lane at least a foot maybe two. I honk. He has the never to give me the bird!
Don’t get me started I could go all day. I do a lot of driving.
This one happened about a month ago. There is a stretch of road that leads up to a stop light. It is a two lane that opens up to a three lane a left straight and right turn lanes. The kicker is the right lane turns into the right turn lane, and the left veers a little to the right to become the straight lane. I was in the left lane going straight, and just as I got up to about the rear tire of the person in the right lane he came over on me. I did what I do and honked at him slowed down and let him in. All he had to do was look to his left and he couldn’t miss a big white SUV. Come to find out he is an insurance agent as well. I know this because he turned into his agency about a quarter of a mile from mine. The thing that floored me was he came and apologized for it about an hour later.

This one happened almost a week ago going into Nashville. We were all backed up in the left lane coming off of Ridgetop hill leading into Nashville. Come to find out some moron was in the left lane running 10mph under the speed limit. The thing that happened next still makes me laugh now. When it turned into a 3 lane the guy right behind the moron pulled up beside him rolled down his window honked the horn and gave him the super bird full arm extended out of his window. I couldn’t help, but laugh. I hope it will make him think twice next time he comes down thru there, but it probably won’t.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:43 PM   #26
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Seems to me like he was impeading traffic or driving too slow for conditions. Might deserve a ticket.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #27
Junior

Car Warrranty companies. I bought my Moms Tahoe 2 years ago, and started getting mailing about two weeks later, and still get them to this day. I also bought a new to me Yukon 10 days ago. I have already gotten 2 calls on my cell phone about them. I don’t know how my number got out I never give it to anyone except family and friends.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #28
Starchild
SERENITY NOW!

First Name: Andre
Trading: (11)
Montecristo
Starchild will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Seems to me like he was impeading traffic or driving too slow for conditions. Might deserve a ticket.
Just be sure you put on your uniform first
Old 04-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #29
AllOGistics

Quote:
I don't like receiving the "go-ahead" wave when it wasn't my right of way. The rules of the road exist for everyone.
THANK YOU!!! I hate that one. This kind of ties in- people who don't know (or blatantly disregard) how to operate a four-way stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Watch your children. If I did what half of what I see now when I was a kid I still wouldn’t be able to sit down.
This reminded me of something that happened to me a couple months ago. I was at a restaurant, and someone kept tickling their child and making them yelp and squeal for ALL to hear. This was parent induced. When the child wasn't being tickled, she was yelling. At one point, the child was standing on the table. Everyone in that section was getting pissed and people were just leaving. Some tables tried to get their waitress/waiter to get the manager; nothing ever came of this. Finally, I had enough and was just trying to enjoy my meal. I walked over there and said as calm as I could, "Excuse me, I know you think it's precious, but could please control your kid." Normally, I would of inserted several expletives, but I figured it would be best to keep things civil. The table behind the mother causing the trouble chimed in and stated that they were annoyed also. The mother really didn't say much and never really apologized. I went and sat down and five minutes later a manager comes up. He then tells me to stop bothering his patrons. WTF? I tried to tell him that I wasn't the one chasing off his customers. One of the tables around me came to my defense. It was a ridiculous situation. In the end, I left pretty pissed off and won't go back. I can't blame the restaurant for their customers, but it was completely mishandled by management.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #30
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Car Warrranty companies. I bought my Moms Tahoe 2 years ago, and started getting mailing about two weeks later, and still get them to this day. I also bought a new to me Yukon 10 days ago. I have already gotten 2 calls on my cell phone about them. I don’t know how my number got out I never give it to anyone except family and friends.

Sounds like your "friends" sold you out to the "man".
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #31
uncballzer

Quote:
I don't like receiving the "go-ahead" wave when it wasn't my right of way. The rules of the road exist for everyone. I know you think you're being kind by waving me on to take my left turn, but you're actually interfering with everyone's habits of traffic. It's arrogant and potentially dangerous; you're not the princess of the street. (I do appreciate being let out when traffic's heavy, I'm talking about being at an intersection with only a few other vehicles).
I'm one of the people that do this, usually when it's just one car or two. I let them go on to protect myself--from them hitting my ass by not paying attention!
Old 04-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #32
Junior

Quote:
Sounds like your "friends" sold you out to the "man".
I’m going to have to have a serious talk with Mom. I bet you she is the one that sold me out.

Here is one that I use to irritate my wife every once and a while. She took a job working for the state, and went and picked up all her stuff car, uniforms, and a mess of other stuff. When she got home I asked her where her shovel was. She looked at me a little puzzled, and I replied to her with you know the one you lean on when you are on the side of the road. I thought she was going to take my head off.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #33
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

When the dog dumps in the basement.
When one of the cats pees in my shoes.

No fish, so we have that going for us.

Wait... what was the question?
Old 04-16-2009, 04:00 PM   #34
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

Getting looped into trying a "free" trial of something, when in fact you have to give a credit card which, (you find out later) will be auto billed at some stupid inflated price every month unless you can find the number to call to cancel before the damn trial period expires.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:01 PM   #35
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

Mail in rebates which you may or may not ever get in the mail.

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #36
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Not getting fries with that shake.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #37
leasingthisspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
Getting looped into trying a "free" trial of something, when in fact you have to give a credit card which, (you find out later) will be auto billed at some stupid inflated price every month unless you can find the number to call to cancel before the damn trial period expires.

I hate this too.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:29 PM   #38
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

When someone calls milk "melk"
When someone says soda pop
When someone says yuns
Old 04-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #39
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Oh I think I just realized my biggest pet peave:

When someone is talking and they talk so quietly you cant hear them, and then when you say "what" they dont say it any louder and you have to struggle to hear them. Speak UP!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:43 PM   #40
nozero

People who rush the elevator to get on, without first letting others get off.

People walking two abreast down a narrow hallway not leaving room for me to pass.

Idiots who weave in and out of traffic without a thought to signal.

People who do not understand the concept of "slower traffic keep right".