Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats

Old 12-24-2018, 01:50 PM   #1
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Talking What are you eating & drinking for Christmas?

So this year my family decided to go with something a little less conventional, but with good reason if you ask me. In past years my mother would go through the trouble of spending hours in the kitchen to make food that people hardly eat. (Not me, I love her cooking!)
But so we decided to go with a local chain of take & bake pizza. Will link at bottom of post if you care to check them out. We went with the “Moltansanti” a more traditional Italian style pie as well as the “Wing Ding” Which is essentially a hot chicken wing style pizza. Oh, and cheesy sticks for good measure. What I love about this pizzeria is that they use really top-notch ingredients, the Gorgonzola on the wing ding is stellar!
Oh and as if that wasn’t amazing enough, the location I frequent shares their property with a wine & beer shop! So naturally, I picked up a 6er of Brewdog Choco Libre, and a nice Chianti. Kill two deliciously drunken birds with one stone, I always say! (Okay, I never say that, except for right now.)
Decided to post the booze here as well instead of posting a whole separate thread in the wine & beer section, hope that’s okay!

https://www.mamamimis.com
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:51 PM   #2
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: What are you eating & drinking for Christmas?

I'll chime in for the other members of the Tribe here. Chinese food.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:04 PM   #3
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough

Haha I forgot about Chinese! I could always go for some Szechuan chicken...
Old 12-24-2018, 03:07 PM   #4
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Tomorrow at the cousins, I';; be eating everything that is carb free. That means no mashed potatoes, no stuffing, no cranberry sauce, no gravy, no rolls.

But at least Imma drink well.....

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 03:11 PM   #5
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

We do Mexican food for Xmas as Thanksgiving is the big family get together. Mexican drinks may be involved.
markem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 03:59 PM   #6
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Tomorrow at the cousins, I';; be eating everything that is carb free. That means no mashed potatoes, no stuffing, no cranberry sauce, no gravy, no rolls.
Bummer on the no carbs! Yeah I really decided to throw caution to the wind this year carb & calorie wise haha. But I figure if there is a good excuse to do so, Christmas might as well be one. Going to be going double time on the stationary bike in the coming weeks, that’s for sure...
Old 12-24-2018, 07:52 PM   #7
Gabe215
Have My Own Room

First Name: Gabe
Trading: (20)
Gabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe215 has a spectacular aura about

Dinner tonight at my parents my Mom made Beef Bourguignon soooo good. Also made tsureiki which is a delicious sweet Greek bread. To drink Cab Sav and Local Craft IPA’s.

Last edited by Gabe215; 12-24-2018 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Hejdorbdifb
Gabe215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:10 PM   #8
Fig_Nasty
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Nelson
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
Fig_Nasty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday View Post

So this year my family decided to go with something a little less conventional, but with good reason if you ask me. In past years my mother would go through the trouble of spending hours in the kitchen to make food that people hardly eat. (Not me, I love her cooking!)
But so we decided to go with a local chain of take & bake pizza. Will link at bottom of post if you care to check them out. We went with the “Moltansanti” a more traditional Italian style pie as well as the “Wing Ding” Which is essentially a hot chicken wing style pizza. Oh, and cheesy sticks for good measure. What I love about this pizzeria is that they use really top-notch ingredients, the Gorgonzola on the wing ding is stellar!
Oh and as if that wasn’t amazing enough, the location I frequent shares their property with a wine & beer shop! So naturally, I picked up a 6er of Brewdog Choco Libre, and a nice Chianti. Kill two deliciously drunken birds with one stone, I always say! (Okay, I never say that, except for right now.)
Decided to post the booze here as well instead of posting a whole separate thread in the wine & beer section, hope that’s okay!

https://www.mamamimis.com

Here in Miami there is plenty of Cuban style Lechon with rice/black beans and yuca to go around. Always my favorite time of year.

Michael brewdogs has some really good stuff out. Had the opportunity to taste their American Imperial Stout "Tactical Nuclear Penguin" coming in at a whoping 32% abv The bottles of it don't come around too often and it was pretty intense to say the least haha
Old 12-25-2018, 07:33 AM   #9
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice

Cajun red beans and rice for breakfast with a Wild Turkey eye openner.
Dinner will be glazed ham, chorizo and peppers, baked fish along with Veuve Clicquot.
Supper will be heartburn with Alka Seltzer.
Old 12-25-2018, 08:48 AM   #10
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig_Nasty View Post
Here in Miami there is plenty of Cuban style Lechon with rice/black beans and yuca to go around. Always my favorite time of year.

Michael brewdogs has some really good stuff out. Had the opportunity to taste their American Imperial Stout "Tactical Nuclear Penguin" coming in at a whoping 32% abv The bottles of it don't come around too often and it was pretty intense to say the least haha
Sounds tasty! I’ve always wanted to stay in Miami for a spell to sample some of the cuisine, but the closest I’ve been was driving right past it on my way to the Keys. One of these days I think I will plan a vacation so I can tour some of the cigar companies and drink lots of Cuban espresso!
Never had the tactical nuclear penguin but I’m definitely adding that to my to-do! By and large my favorite craft beer company is Founders, but I’m not thrilled that they are from Michigan. Trying to make an effort to sample more local brews lately!
@ Tio Gato haha yes I’m with you there, these days I always plan ahead with some Pepcid AC! I have to, otherwise I would be chewing on endless amounts of Tums like bubblegum.

Last edited by gomeitsmybday; 12-25-2018 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Because of my terrible memory, haha.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:07 AM   #11
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday View Post
Bummer on the no carbs! Yeah I really decided to throw caution to the wind this year carb & calorie wise haha. But I figure if there is a good excuse to do so, Christmas might as well be one. Going to be going double time on the stationary bike in the coming weeks, that’s for sure...
Hoping this is a short term thing for me, but you can't cheat on this particular one or you come straight out of ketosis and have to work to get there again.

I should be good for lots of potatoes by St. Patrick's Day.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 12-25-2018, 09:12 AM   #12
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Frittata for breakfast.

Afternoon snack of sausage- and shrimp-stuffed mushrooms.

Ham and the fixin's for dinner.
Old 12-25-2018, 06:02 PM   #13
Fig_Nasty
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Nelson
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
Fig_Nasty is on a distinguished road

Mike whenever you decide to come down to Miami we’ll get together and hit up some shops. It’s defiantly a vibe down here! Cafecito is amazing, but dangerous! You have been warned...lol
Old 12-25-2018, 08:00 PM   #14
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice

We tried taking down a Xmas brisket, it won

kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 08:02 PM   #15
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

RA

That sounds awesome - the hitting up shops part, the Cafecito sounds a little intimidating, but I do enjoy my caffiene haha.
And thank you for the offer Nelson, I’ll definitely take you up on that once I manage to get back down there!
And wowww that brisket looks delicious.

Last edited by gomeitsmybday; 12-25-2018 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Delicious brisket, duh!
Old 12-25-2018, 08:08 PM   #16
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoyed the usual...spiral ham, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, corn, stuffing, rolls, and pumpkin pie.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:37 AM   #17
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
But at least Imma drink well.....
Never even got to try the 1792. My cousin decided to crack a bottle of Weller 12 year he received for his birthday in July.

I'm NOT complaining!

Old 12-26-2018, 10:36 AM   #18
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

We did sous vide tenderloins with kosher salt encrusted bake potatoes and a variety of sides.

Loads of wine throughout the day. Our go-to waiter at our favorite restaurant had given Grace a mulled wine recipe a few years back, and she spices a few bottles every Christmas. Started with that in the morning. Had a couple bottles of Caymus Special Selection with dinner, and downed some port with dessert.

Epicureanly speaking, 'twas a good day.

Here's the vino -- sous vide going in the background.

Old 12-26-2018, 12:01 PM   #19
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
We did sous vide tenderloins with kosher salt encrusted bake potatoes and a variety of sides.

Loads of wine throughout the day. Our go-to waiter at our favorite restaurant had given Grace a mulled wine recipe a few years back, and she spices a few bottles every Christmas. Started with that in the morning. Had a couple bottles of Caymus Special Selection with dinner, and downed some port with dessert.

Here's the vino -- sous vide going in the background.

Yum!
Old 12-26-2018, 02:39 PM   #20
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
Didn't even have to use your AK.

Merry Christmas, Vin and all.