Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
ysr_racer

Default My funny Southern California story !!

Here's a funny work story.

I work for one of the largest corporations in the USA, and most of you do business with us either directly or indirectly on a daily basis. The fact that I live in So Cal, one of the most PC, crybaby, nanny-state places on Earth just makes it more fun.

If someone sneezes and someone else says "bless you", some crybaby atheist will go crying to HR.

Today it was my turn "to get the call". I show up, and there is one HR consultant and the HR Director.

They tell me about our policy on tolerance and diversity, and that we don't tolerate racial slurs. Nobody's more PC than me so I shocked, shocked I tell ya'

I asked them what I said, and they replied that someone had heard me use the term "Slope" to describe somebody. When they said that all I could do was laugh. They asked me if I thought it was funny, and I said "no".

Chuckling, I said I actually used the term "Sloper". The HR women asked, "Is that different"?

And I said, "Yeah, a Sloper is my friend Dan that works up in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska (on the north slope), that thing you said is offensive to Asians".

I thought she was going to cry, then I added, "Have you seen a picture of my wife, she's from the Philippines".

They're getting back to me

Last edited by ysr_racer; 05-03-2012 at 08:08 PM.