Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 12-21-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
coty

Default Don Pepin Garcia's Tobacos Baez Series S F

Don Pepin Garcia's Tobacos Baez Series S F

Size: 6 x 46
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua (70% Cuban-Seed Long Filler 30% short filler)

The S F actually stands for short filler (however it appears that's only 30% true). I would venture to guess that it (along with the bold green band) was name this just to be a noticeable difference from the original (long filler) Tabacos Baez.

On to the pre-light. The first thing I noticed is the veins, very un-Don Pepin. A little taste of the cap ,before l punch it, gives the trademark Pepin spicy wrapper flavor and it is noticably oily too. The pre light draw reveals an almost sweet cocoa hint and it seems to have an un-Pepin loose draw to it (maybe he trains his rollers on this).

My Tek Torch makes lite work of the foot toasting and setting fire to start the revealing process.

After 3 puffs I find a sweet cocoa flavor with a light cedar, the same way the cuban classic starts off for me. Right out of the gate the classic Pepin cedarish pepper has made itself known to me in the first portion of the first 3rd. The burn is some what jagged but hasn't required any additional fire yet. The thing I am noticing is it still has a sweet note at the first of the draw and then the cedar and pepper make their apperance but they aren't over powering.

Entering the 2nd phase of this cigar without much change . The sweetness, cedar and pepper are playin well together. After setting well into the 2nd phase thd pepper has given way to the sweetness and cedar. The ash is holding well and the burn is going about its buisness evenly with no issues. I tend to press my lips tight and pass the smoke through with a light presure, everytime I do this I get a pleasannt hint of coffee with my sweet cedar flavor.

Toward the final portion of the second 3rd, and in the begining of the finale 3rd of the cigar, I am getting a little Pepin pepper back with my cedar as the sweetness is leaving. I am also noticing a bit of a nicotine making me a bit light headed. It was a little more powerful than I was counting on. The burn is still going well toward the half way mark of the finale 3rd. The pepper and cedar are getting a little stronger and leaving a pepper taste toward the back of my palate.

The Pepin SF finished off with the pepper cedar flavor that Pepin is noteable for, not over powering though.

The finale tally for a 3.50 cigar is a high 6 from me. It is well constructed and very flavorful, I however simply luke a sweetness all the way through. Someone on a budget and enjoys a spicy cedar cigar may want to consider this cigar.

Thank you for your time and reading my review, and as always thank you for your feed back.

Coty
Old 12-21-2011, 03:44 AM   #2
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Don Pepin Garcia's Tobacos Baez Series S F

Sounds like a great stick, thanks for the review, but

Old 12-21-2011, 05:09 AM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a box of these 18 months ago and burned through half of them real quick. They have that signature "Pepin spice" that I love. Great review Coty.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #4
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Sounds like a great stick, thanks for the review, but

There are some who do reviews with pictures. Totally unnecessary!

Thanks for the reviews.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #5
coty

I am right dead in the middle of a move and don't have the funds to buy a new laptop so I can up load my pics right now give me two weeks and I should be able to make it happen but for now Im running off a blackberry and a 7 inch Android tablet.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #6
LigaPrivadaT84

Enjoyed the last one I had very much; prefer the Tatuaje Series P over this one for a mixed filler smoke though.