Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Old 03-23-2015, 09:49 AM   #1
CoffeeWaterBeer
Critiquing Perique

First Name: Seth
Trading: (13)
Partagas
CoffeeWaterBeer will become famous soon enough
Default Dating a Fribourg & Treyer tin

[IMG][/IMG]

I found this tin at a local B&M yesterday. It's definitely got some age on it but I'm not sure how to pinpoint it to a year, if that's even possible. The tin has very slight pitting/rust (not enough to damage the contents I think), the pictured back label is quite yellowed, and the front label is an off white/beige unlike the newer white labeled tins.

So sleuths, does anyone have any info or suggestions as to how to figure out how old this is? For what it's worth, this was purchased form Faders in Towson MD. I'm thinking I may call and ask if the code on the price tag could offer any clue.
CoffeeWaterBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:12 PM   #2
CoffeeWaterBeer
Critiquing Perique

First Name: Seth
Trading: (13)
Partagas
CoffeeWaterBeer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dating a Fribourg & Treyer tin

FWIW I called the shop to inquire about their price sticker. The 68646 is only a product code for pricing. I also sent an email to Planta who produces F&T asking when they changed labels. I don't think I'm going to get a concrete answer but if a a reply comes form Planta, I can at least get a minimum idea of age.

Incidentally, while speaking with the guy at the shop, he mentioned many people don't like not seeing a date on their tins because they want what's freshest. We both enjoyed a knowing laugh.
CoffeeWaterBeer is offline   Reply With Quote