Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
INT
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
INT will become famous soon enough
Default Ramon Bueso Genesis Review

Ramon Bueso Genesis Toro 50x6
Paired with Maker's 46 cut with one cube
Wait time: 2 weeks

The reviews of this thing had me sold from day one. Saw the clip on Cigars International of everyone trying it at Cigar Fest and nearly everyone rated it 8-10 out of 10 and almost passed out when they were told the price. So I snagged a 5-er. Since I bought them CI is backordered on all sizes in box purcheses. So It was really hard to let them sit in the humidor. But today, I unleashed the first one .

This thing is absolutely gorgeous. A dark, oily wrapper. Solid leafe. Not any imperfections that I could really pick out. Felt good in the hand. Just beautiful. The band completes the package. She's a looker. Pre-light aroma was dark tobacco, with a maybe a hint of cocoa in there.

Upon lighting the first thing that hit me was a sweet spice. Not overpowering, but it grabbed my attention. Then...gobs and gobs of expresso. Oh my god I wanted to drink this thing. It was so good. About the 1/2 inch march the spice dies a bit but is still there and the expresso takes the predominant flavor profile, with dark tobacco present

Entering the 2nd 3rd, leather makes its appearance. It starts off light and noticable and as you work your way halfway into the cigar it becomes predominant. Expresso is still there. The aroma is wonderful. A pleasant mix I like to call "maduro smell." Dark tobacco/expresso/cocoa all in there.

Approaching the final third, a sweet spice comes back, different than the one at initial light. Almost licorisce like. Dark chocolate starts to make an appearance as we near the band.