Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
LT_Blueshine
Its always the LT's fault

Trading: (0)
Army (Active)
LT_Blueshine is on a distinguished road
Default Please help me save my humidor

Hey everyone, I received my first humidor as a departing gift from my last unit. They are like family and knowing that I love cigars they got me something different from the standard plaque sort of departure gift. Its engraved with my name and a very heartfelt message. Needless to say it is very special to me and I want to proudly display it. Very much with cigars in it.

This is my first attempt at seasoning a humidor but I did a lot of reading up on it. I am a blonde pollock as well so maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

I went through the steps on calibrating my hygrometer. Tweaked it so it was accurate and moved on to the seasoning part.

I lightly coated the inside with distilled water and left a dish inside with a sponge in it full of distilled water as well.

Waited one day. Then another. And another. And on day four there was no significant change. The hygrometer stubbornly stayed under 70%.

Looking closely at my humi I noticed that they hygrometer, which pops out of the case, isn't exactly flush with it. I'm thinking the gasket isn't creating a sufficient seal.

Anyone know where I can get a hygrometer that pops into the wood? Or any ideas on how to seal the box so I can use this beautiful humi?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20131112_175722_223.jpg (114.3 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131112_175812_613.jpg (105.8 KB, 263 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131112_175830_316.jpg (110.8 KB, 267 views)