Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Zane
Have My Own Room

First Name: Zane
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Zane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura about
Default Charleston, SC Trip

I am headed to Charleston around the 18th of May. Will be there for 4 or 5 days then going to be in Savannah for a day or 2. Any must see cigar shops or any other smoking friendly places?

COO BlindMan's Puff
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
riverdawg
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (0)
Navy (Served With Honor)
riverdawg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Charleston, SC Trip

Spent a wonderful few days down there the first of March. Love that town. BTW, before I forget, if you have plans for some of the more popular restaurants go on line and make your reservations now. You can always cancel once you're on the ground and see your inclinations. Couple of shops downtown, Towne Center on E.Bay and Tinderbox on I think Queen. Of the two and at the time Tinderbox was better stocked, but Towne Center is the only one with a smoking area. Absolutely buttloads of quiet pretty spots outside to smoke in the city. Battery Park at sunrise or sunset was very nice, but again, lots of little secluded nooks and crannies in the shade to enjoy a smoke. Have fun.
riverdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Interesting. I was going to start a similar thread. I'll be in the same locations the week before.

I'm only going to be in each location for one day. What attractions, other than cigar shops, are "must see"?
Old 04-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
riverdawg
Still Watching My Back

Navy (Served With Honor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave128 View Post
Interesting. I was going to start a similar thread. I'll be in the same locations the week before.

I'm only going to be in each location for one day. What attractions, other than cigar shops, are "must see"?
Different strokes and all that, but I really love downtown, the feel of the place, the old homes, the history. When we are there we always stay downtown, park the car and rarely get back in it until we leave, walking everywhere. If you are only there for a day and the history/architecture is anything that interests you, a carriage ride with a good guide will get you a lot in a relatively short time. Restaurants again are a personal thing, but we really like Husk on Queen St. and 82 Queen just a couple of doors down. Enjoy.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #5
jjirons69
Haberdasher

Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

Definite - Lianos Dos Palmas on Wentworth Street. GREAT custom rolls right there in the shop. Definitely pick some up for taking back home.

Check out Market Street and explore downtown. The aquarium is cool. Across the bridge in Mt Pleasant is Patriots Point and if you like war stuff, you'll be in heaven. Lots of restaurants. However, now, no smoking anywhere. Anywhere. Relaxing evening is a River Dogs game at Joe Riley Stadium. Sand gnats will be out in force regardless of where you are in the early evening and morning, so think about bug repellent.

Shoot me a PM when the date closes in. I'm 10 miles away, we might can catch a smoke.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #6
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Second the suggestion for llianos dos palmas. Last time I was there the tinderbox had a really nice bar/ lounge upstairs.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
jjirons69
Haberdasher

Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

The lounge above the Tinderbox "was" Club Habana. It's been closed for a year now and it was the last place to enjoy a smoke "inside". City council has now completed the full castration.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #8
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz View Post
Second the suggestion for llianos dos palmas.
And a "Third" vote for dos Palmas! Great little shop, friendly owners, great cigars.

Besides cigars, there is so much to see, hard to go wrong with any of it! And Savannah... If you get a chance, do a midnight "haunted tour" in a open, horse drawn carriage. Don't know if they run every night, but worth it if available.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #9
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

Are you driving? If so, stop through VA, I hear that it's on the way!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #10
mkarnold1
Skol Vikings!

First Name: Mark
Trading: (22)
RA Army (Served With Honor)
mkarnold1 will become famous soon enoughmkarnold1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
And a "Third" vote for dos Palmas! Great little shop, friendly owners, great cigars.
Fourth vote for Lianas dos Palmas, great place. I smoked a couple of their stogies while my wife shopped the outdoor markets.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:28 AM   #11
Zane
Have My Own Room

First Name: Zane
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Zane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaase321 View Post
Are you driving? If so, stop through VA, I hear that it's on the way!
I am but we aren't going that way.

COO BlindMan's Puff
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:55 AM   #12
riverdawg
Still Watching My Back

Navy (Served With Honor)

Crap on toast! How have I missed Lianos dos Palmas??? Definitely something to look forward to on the next trip.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #13
captain53
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (3)
captain53 will become famous soon enough

Going to Charleston to celebrate my birthday this week. Beautiful downtown area to stroll around and see a bit of history. Too many great restaurants in Charleston to count, second only to New Orleans for food IMHO. Have not been to a smoke shop there but will visit several of those mentioned for that special 60th Birthday Cigar along with a few treats to enjoy while strolling downtown. Right now I am thinking '64 Anniversary Maduro Presidente if I can find one.
captain53 is offline   Reply With Quote