Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
mahtofire14
Chillin in the Aging Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough
Default Problems with CI

So I ordered a box of the 2009 Oliva V Maduros that were on sale at Cigars International a few days ago. Well I never got a confirmation email and I know I went through the complete ordering process. I was waiting for the confirmation email but never got it. So I checked my bank account and to my surprise the cost of the order had been deducted from my account. But I still had no history of this order in my order history.

I contacted them last night and got an email saying they have no record of the order. My account lists the transaction clear as day as being from CI. So now we're just going back and forth. I went from hoping I was still going to get the cigars to now hoping I just get my money back.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: Problems with CI

Contact your bank and explain the situation, tell them the vendor has no record of an order, your bank should help you clear it up.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
joeobx
just playing in the storm

First Name: Joe
Trading: (4)
joeobx will become famous soon enough

I've never had a problem with CI but this makes a good point for using a CC. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Robulous78

That sucks... The bank should help... Never had any issues with CI myself... Try telling them to pull your ordering history and say that if it doesn't get resolved you'll go to famous-smoke... that should scare them...

Last edited by Robulous78; 04-17-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
CamoFlogged
...may I have another?

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Montecristo
CamoFlogged will become famous soon enoughCamoFlogged will become famous soon enough

Never had an issue with CI but didn't they just buy a pipe tobacco, etc. company? Maybe they had some technical issues trying to integrate and dropped some orders?

No clue, but had good luck with them in the past.

-C
CamoFlogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
Zane
Have My Own Room

First Name: Zane
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Zane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura about

I would just give CI a call. Let em know you can send them a copy of the transaction. Hopefully they still have the cigars.

COO BlindMan's Puff
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
Malakai
The Anti-Dennis

First Name: John
Trading: (34)
RA
Malakai will become famous soon enoughMalakai will become famous soon enough

Sounds like CI is not helping. I would dispute it with cc company, while still trying to get it resolved by CI.
Malakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:48 AM   #8
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Never had a problem with CI personally, but have read here on CA where they have given great customer service. I think they will do you right.
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:54 AM   #9
mahtofire14

Bolivar
mahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the roughmahtofire14 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the advice guys. I will be giving them a call today.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:27 AM   #10
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough

Let us know what they say. I've been using CI for seven years. They can be very slow to fix problems via email. Alternatively, they are one of the best CS outfits I've ever dealt with over the phone.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #11
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Well I called them, which now I now is what I should've done all along. Guy way very nice and helpful.

What the problem ended up being is I randomly used PoohPal. Hadn't seen it on there before and figured, oh, this will be way easier. So much for that. I hadn't signed in to CI yet, and PoohPal sent me straight through the ordering process without signing in. Not to mention that my Poohpal account uses a different address. CI to that different address and sent all the confirmation emails to that address. The reason why I never got them.

I had never had a problem with CI before in many dealings with them so I'm happy to say I will keep using their business.

So all is good and I'm happy because the guy at CI told me that my box of 09 V Maddies is out for shipment today. Happy Pete!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #12
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Jason
Trading: (59)
big_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to behold

Good deal Pete glad things worked out for the better.
big_jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #13
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Glad to hear it got resolved!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #14
Zane
Have My Own Room

First Name: Zane
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Zane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura aboutZane has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtofire14 View Post
Well I called them, which now I now is what I should've done all along. Guy way very nice and helpful.

What the problem ended up being is I randomly used PoohPal. Hadn't seen it on there before and figured, oh, this will be way easier. So much for that. I hadn't signed in to CI yet, and PoohPal sent me straight through the ordering process without signing in. Not to mention that my Poohpal account uses a different address. CI to that different address and sent all the confirmation emails to that address. The reason why I never got them.

I had never had a problem with CI before in many dealings with them so I'm happy to say I will keep using their business.

So all is good and I'm happy because the guy at CI told me that my box of 09 V Maddies is out for shipment today. Happy Pete!
Good to hear! This is the reason I wanted you to call.. Mostly so you could still snag those Maddies!

COO BlindMan's Puff
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #15
mahtofire14

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane View Post
Good to hear! This is the reason I wanted you to call.. Mostly so you could still snag those Maddies!
Definitely. I really wanted those!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #16
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Glad to hear you got the problem resolved. I use CI a ton and have only ever had one minor issue. I called them and they fixed it right away.
Porch Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #17
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

First Name: Scotty
Trading: (31)
Lockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
Glad to hear you got the problem resolved. I use CI a ton and have only ever had one minor issue. I called them and they fixed it right away.
Ditto. I've been very pleased with CI, only had a minor problem that a phone call took care of.
Lockspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #18
drjammer
I love Hockey!!!

First Name: Don
Trading: (0)
Guantanamera
drjammer has disabled reputation

Glad it all worked out
Old 04-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #19
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear it worked out for ya Pete.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #20
captain53
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (3)
captain53 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeobx View Post
I've never had a problem with CI but this makes a good point for using a CC. Hope everything works out for you.
Ditto on CI and CC for me. Good luck getting it resolved and getting those V's.
captain53 is offline   Reply With Quote