Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #1001
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi
 
mosesbotbol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Moses
Location: Boston
Posts: 5,768
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol has a spectacular aura aboutmosesbotbol has a spectacular aura aboutmosesbotbol has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
Got clearance from my wife...

Graham Chronofighter Oversize Ref. 2OVAS.B01A.K10B

When did you pick that up? Graham is a distinctive and hot watch brand for sure. Good for you!
__________________
F1 | Port Wine | Welsh Corgi | Campagnolo
mosesbotbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:09 AM   #1002
s15driftking
Go Browns!
 
s15driftking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
First Name: Bobby
Location: Columbus Ohio (USA)
Posts: 2,753
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Jsut picked it up 3 days ago! Very excited!
__________________
diamonds/guns
s15driftking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #1003
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi
 
mosesbotbol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Moses
Location: Boston
Posts: 5,768
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol has a spectacular aura aboutmosesbotbol has a spectacular aura aboutmosesbotbol has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
Jsut picked it up 3 days ago! Very excited!
How big is the case? Is Graham the actual manufacturer, or is that same manufacturer as Arnold & Son?
__________________
F1 | Port Wine | Welsh Corgi | Campagnolo
mosesbotbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #1004
s15driftking
Go Browns!
 
s15driftking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
First Name: Bobby
Location: Columbus Ohio (USA)
Posts: 2,753
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

To my understanding, Graham and A&S are linked. The case of this Graham is 46mm plus about 7mm for the trigger apparatus. But, I should be fine. Because my 48mm super avenger looks regular on my big wrist.

I was originally going to buy an Oris Titan C... But, my wonerful wife approved the Graham since she knew it was one of my grails.
__________________
diamonds/guns
s15driftking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #1005
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi
 
mosesbotbol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Moses
Location: Boston
Posts: 5,768
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol has a spectacular aura aboutmosesbotbol has a spectacular aura aboutmosesbotbol has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
To my understanding, Graham and A&S are linked. The case of this Graham is 46mm plus about 7mm for the trigger apparatus. But, I should be fine. Because my 48mm super avenger looks regular on my big wrist.

I was originally going to buy an Oris Titan C... But, my wonerful wife approved the Graham since she knew it was one of my grails.
I was asking because they look similar. You're another league over the Oris Titan now. Looks like you could rock a couple of different color straps on the Graham and would all look nice. I could see a burgundy or brown croc working well.
__________________
F1 | Port Wine | Welsh Corgi | Campagnolo
mosesbotbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #1006
wayner123
Country Gentleman
 
wayner123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 2,351
Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Just a quick question...

Does that graham model come with a silver release trigger? All of the panda dial Graham's I have seen come with a black/pvd trigger release.
__________________
'It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife; But every fool will be quarrelling.'
wayner123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #1007
wayner123
Country Gentleman
 
wayner123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 2,351
Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

I am not that familiar with Graham's but here is an example of a gen:
__________________
'It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife; But every fool will be quarrelling.'

Last edited by icehog3; 03-04-2014 at 01:47 AM.
wayner123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #1008
s15driftking
Go Browns!
 
s15driftking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
First Name: Bobby
Location: Columbus Ohio (USA)
Posts: 2,753
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner123 View Post
Just a quick question...

Does that graham model come with a silver release trigger? All of the panda dial Graham's I have seen come with a black/pvd trigger release.
I have seen them with both. the #563 has the silver trigger.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
I was asking because they look similar. You're another league over the Oris Titan now. Looks like you could rock a couple of different color straps on the Graham and would all look nice. I could see a burgundy or brown croc working well.
Yeah, i was happy for her approval. she's such a pushover

as for straps....
I bought this one in anticipation:

__________________
diamonds/guns
s15driftking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #1009
celtic250
Smoke em if ya got em
 
celtic250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
First Name: Greg
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 340
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
celtic250 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Here is my watch collection at the moment.

Luminox Black Ops Carbon 8800 Series


Luminox Navy Seal Colormark 3050 Series


Citizen Eco Drive Promaster Depth Chronograph
celtic250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #1010
wayner123
Country Gentleman
 
wayner123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 2,351
Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
I have seen them with both. the #563 has the silver trigger.
Ok, so I did some more researching. Is your Graham model# 563? Because as far as I can tell, they individually number Graham's.
__________________
'It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife; But every fool will be quarrelling.'
wayner123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #1011
s15driftking
Go Browns!
 
s15driftking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
First Name: Bobby
Location: Columbus Ohio (USA)
Posts: 2,753
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner123 View Post
Ok, so I did some more researching. Is your Graham model# 563? Because as far as I can tell, they individually number Graham's.
I was not aware that they were individually nubmered. In that case, i will look at mine when i get a chance. that makes sense that the seller told me it was numbered. i thought it was an aditional reference! ha


how do you research individual numbers? or, how did you find that out?
__________________
diamonds/guns
s15driftking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #1012
Taki
Welcome to the Layer Cake
 
Taki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
First Name: Taki
Location: The Wood
Posts: 2,268
Trading: (38)
Cohiba
Taki has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
Got clearance from my wife...

Graham Chronofighter Oversize Ref. 2OVAS.B01A.K10B

Very nice piece brother

I looked at one or two just never pulled the trigger
__________________
Taki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #1013
s15driftking
Go Browns!
 
s15driftking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
First Name: Bobby
Location: Columbus Ohio (USA)
Posts: 2,753
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taki View Post
Very nice piece brother

I looked at one or two just never pulled the trigger
Nice play on words!!
__________________
diamonds/guns
s15driftking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #1014
wayner123
Country Gentleman
 
wayner123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 2,351
Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
I was not aware that they were individually nubmered. In that case, i will look at mine when i get a chance. that makes sense that the seller told me it was numbered. i thought it was an aditional reference! ha


how do you research individual numbers? or, how did you find that out?
I would guess that you could contact Graham watches about the numbering system.
__________________
'It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife; But every fool will be quarrelling.'
wayner123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #1015
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi
 
mosesbotbol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Moses
Location: Boston
Posts: 5,768
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol has a spectacular aura aboutmosesbotbol has a spectacular aura aboutmosesbotbol has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

There has to be a model number and then an individual number on the side or case back. This is nothing particular to Graham. If you don't see a reference or model number, then number indicated is the individual number.

It is best to contact Graham and make them aware you are the owner (or new owner if bought used) for reference of theft, warranty, swag, etc...
__________________
F1 | Port Wine | Welsh Corgi | Campagnolo
mosesbotbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #1016
s15driftking
Go Browns!
 
s15driftking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
First Name: Bobby
Location: Columbus Ohio (USA)
Posts: 2,753
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
There has to be a model number and then an individual number on the side or case back. This is nothing particular to Graham. If you don't see a reference or model number, then number indicated is the individual number.

It is best to contact Graham and make them aware you are the owner (or new owner if bought used) for reference of theft, warranty, swag, etc...
Yeah, i will have to contact them. This watch is NOS from a dealer on Chrono24 that includes all boxes, papers, and docs. The watch has an individual number of 777.

I will contact Graham and figure that out... i hope.
__________________
diamonds/guns
s15driftking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #1017
wayner123
Country Gentleman
 
wayner123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Deltona, FL
Posts: 2,351
Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
Yeah, i will have to contact them. This watch is NOS from a dealer on Chrono24 that includes all boxes, papers, and docs. The watch has an individual number of 777.

I will contact Graham and figure that out... i hope.
Does the paperwork numbers coincide with the watches numbers and details?
__________________
'It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife; But every fool will be quarrelling.'
wayner123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #1018
s15driftking
Go Browns!
 
s15driftking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
First Name: Bobby
Location: Columbus Ohio (USA)
Posts: 2,753
Trading: (16)
Partagas
s15driftking has a spectacular aura abouts15driftking has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Graham's US operation is referencing my serial number with what GHQ has on file.. could take up to 4 days they said... But, by the simple pics i sent KEn at GUSA he thinks it is real. I looked through the owners manual/passport. seems legit. I sent some of the pics to govberg's in PA and they think it checks out. Regardless, i have 90 days to do a chargeback on my credit card.

here are a few more pics.







__________________
diamonds/guns
s15driftking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #1019
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi
 
mosesbotbol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
First Name: Moses
Location: Boston
Posts: 5,768
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol has a spectacular aura aboutmosesbotbol has a spectacular aura aboutmosesbotbol has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
Graham's US operation is referencing my serial number with what GHQ has on file.. could take up to 4 days they said... But, by the simple pics i sent KEn at GUSA he thinks it is real. I looked through the owners manual/passport. seems legit. I sent some of the pics to govberg's in PA and they think it checks out. Regardless, i have 90 days to do a chargeback on my credit card.

If you bought it from a major vendor on that site, I would assume it's real. I would not worry much about it. These sites would not work if fake watches were being peddled. Get the paperwork done so it's official you own it. Buying watches both expensive like yours and even super expensive is an everyday event. I would've expected a croc strap, but I am not that familiar with the brand.

Was it a US based vendor?

When was the warranty card stamped?

When was the manufacture date?
__________________
F1 | Port Wine | Welsh Corgi | Campagnolo
mosesbotbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #1020
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!
 
Blak Smyth's Avatar
2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
First Name: SD
Location: THE WOOD
Posts: 8,486
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s15driftking View Post
Graham's US operation is referencing my serial number with what GHQ has on file.. could take up to 4 days they said... But, by the simple pics i sent KEn at GUSA he thinks it is real. I looked through the owners manual/passport. seems legit. I sent some of the pics to govberg's in PA and they think it checks out. Regardless, i have 90 days to do a chargeback on my credit card.

here are a few more pics.







That is a bad ass watch!! I love it!
__________________
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
Blak Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All content is copyrighted jointly by Cigar Asylum and the content provider.