Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 05-16-2011, 12:03 AM   #221
mfarre03
Never pet a burning dog..

First Name: Mike
Trading: (3)
Cohiba
mfarre03 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

I wouldn't worry about what to buy, just buy it all, after awhile you will have more then enough money. You have to buy certain weapons so that you unlock others.

Mike
PSN: BBKA_Watcher
mfarre03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:05 AM   #222
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoings View Post
So I just got CoD Black Ops. Question...in multiplayer...what are the first weapons you should buy? Any weapons you shouldnt waste your CoD points on??

I suck so it will be awhile before I can buy anything
I actually stick with the MP5 now for my running class and will also get the AK74u and play around with it. I think the rest are a waste, except for the PM63, I just started playing with that as of my 2nd prestige and I kind of like it. As soon as I can get the Kiparis, I do. You can't get the Kiparis until you buy all of the sub machine guns though.

As far as assault rifles go, I stick with the M-16 with an acog as per DocLogic77's recommendation for mid-range shooting, then the FAMAS for running around, and finally the Commando as soon as it becomes available. That's really just about it. Oh, for my sidearm I use the Python with the snub nose attachment and the Strella to take down aircraft.

I stay away from shotguns and sniper rifles in this particular COD. I've used the M60 just to play around, but I wouldn't do so on a consistent basis.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:11 AM   #223
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
So I just got CoD Black Ops. Question...in multiplayer...what are the first weapons you should buy? Any weapons you shouldnt waste your CoD points on??

i started with rifles then onto smg's the light machine guns, i find sniper rifles and shotguns to be pretty useless
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #224
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

I use the Famas, until I unlock the Ak74u... I just got the ak74u, and I am still enjoying the famas..oops.
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:24 AM   #225
mfarre03
Never pet a burning dog..

First Name: Mike
Trading: (3)
Cohiba
mfarre03 is on a distinguished road

The AK74u WAS awesome until an update came out earlier this year, I think it scaled it back a bit.
mfarre03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:21 AM   #226
yellowgoat

My two favorites are Famas and the MPK5 with rapid fire, Light weight, marathon and the hardened perk. I seem not to get to destroyed with that MPK5 setup. At lest a slight fighting chance.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:36 AM   #227
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Commando, grenade launcher, AT74 with Hardline Pro, Slight of Hand Pro, Hacker Pro for nearly every map.

AK47 Silenced with a Red Dot, Launcher with Ghost Pro, Warlord Pro and Ninja if they are using a lot of spy planes or have a chopper in the air.

Those are the two classes I use on nearly every single map, always start with the first one and switch mid-game.

I have also used the Famas and Galil, those are probably my 4 favorite Assault rifles. AK47 and Famas kick too much without a silencer. Galil and Commando have the best iron sights so I use them with the grenade launcher.

I only use a sniper on Array, and I don't like it nearly as much as I used to on MW2.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #228
yellowgoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Commando, grenade launcher, AT74 with Hardline Pro, Slight of Hand Pro, Hacker Pro for nearly every map.

AK47 Silenced with a Red Dot, Launcher with Ghost Pro, Warlord Pro and Ninja if they are using a lot of spy planes or have a chopper in the air.

Those are the two classes I use on nearly every single map, always start with the first one and switch mid-game.

I have also used the Famas and Galil, those are probably my 4 favorite Assault rifles. AK47 and Famas kick too much without a silencer. Galil and Commando have the best iron sights so I use them with the grenade launcher.

I only use a sniper on Array, and I don't like it nearly as much as I used to on MW2.
I don't understand how to get pro perks. Do I have to be at a high level to buy them?
Old 05-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #229
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowgoat View Post
I don't understand how to get pro perks. Do I have to be at a high level to buy them?
go to the reg perks, and I think its square to see how to get pro perks... You have to get so many kills, or kill 15 guys after reloading, etc. Once you get that it costs 3000 pts to upgrade it to the Pro.
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:53 AM   #230
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post

Every map is small enough that when playing Hardcore all you need is the M-16 with the ACOG and it works better than most sniper rifles. I loved sniper rifles in MW2 but agree that they aren't as effective in Black Ops. About all I play is Hardcore Team Deathmatch and these are the setups that I use:

Ghost, Warlord, Hacker - M16 w/ACOG and Extended Mag or Silencer Depending on the amount of Spyplanes

Ghost, Warlord, Hacker - Commando w/Extended Mag and Silencer
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #231
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Got my first headshot! advanced to lvl 4

Oh and my Xbox Live Id is 'Grumpy Kirkus'
Old 05-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #232
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmith4 View Post
Every map is small enough that when playing Hardcore all you need is the M-16 with the ACOG and it works better than most sniper rifles. I loved sniper rifles in MW2 but agree that they aren't as effective in Black Ops. About all I play is Hardcore Team Deathmatch....
Because my accuracy is crap, a 3 shot burst weapon doesn't do much for me. I pick them up when I run out of bullets, but often can't tell they are burst or sincle shot weapons until I hold down the trigger and miss in just enough time to see myself get shot.

All I ever rock is Hardcore Team Deathmatch, and most of my squad will roll with the Famas, including a buddy of mine who swears by it, he is the best player in the game. He rocks the Famas, silenced with Ghost Pro, Slight of Hand Pro, and Ninja Pro. He also swears by Ninja Pro, he will know you are coming about 30 steps before he shoots you. His 3.96 K/D ratio speaks for itself, so I am inclined to think his setup works pretty well.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:02 PM   #233
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowgoat View Post
If you go to the Challenges or when you are creating a class you can hit (X) and it will show you what you need to do to buy 'Pro' versions.

Some of them are well worth getting, Hardline Pro is boss, being able to change a care package is highly usefull. You really only need on or two people on any given squad to use it. Hacker Pro is fun because you can change any equipment into yours, and hacking packages is awesome when they pick it up and blow themselves up. Ghost Pro is by far the best perk to have, you can't be seen by anything except Blackbirds.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #234
Trkdrvremt

It's coming.......
http://www.gamersspot.com/?controlle...&news_id=80431

Nov 8th.......
Old 05-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #235
Trkdrvremt

If anyone is interested.. I have a clan with a few guys in it... We are not as good as the 10yo's but we hold our own...lol
live id: trkdrvremt
clan: WTFO

You guys are more then welcome to join....
Old 05-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #236
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

PSN is back up, and they are giving customers a couple of downloads for loyalty and patience, which is nice.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...north-america/
Old 05-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #237
MrsSledn
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Cathy
Trading: (0)
MrsSledn is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Pretty much what Mario said. We all play together all the time. After playing with the people in your "core group," you'll learn in time what works and what doesn't. Doc, Sledn, Mario, myself, and the others we always play with, well we learn from each other what works. We have played together for so long now, that we just know what the other is going to do. It's nice!

As for guns... In the beginning, Sub machine... Use the MP5K. When you can, put rapid fire on it. I actually use that gun in later levels. I kick butt with it on the smaller maps. And it's good for your running class as it's the lightest sub machine gun. Once you get your Lightweight Pro and Marathon Pro, it's great. Once I level up enough, I get the AK74u. Put on Warload. Extended mag and silencer. Make another class with the AK74u with the grenade launcher. I do get the Kipiras at the end, but I never get to use it much. As for assualt rifles, I personally do not like the 3 round bursts with the M-16. I use it until I level up enough to get the Famas. I then go to the Galil. And stick with that until I get the Commando. I will occassionally use the AK47. As for the attachments, I get the extended mags and as for the sights, I rotate with them. I rarely use shotguns, light machine guns or the sniper rifles. I am a runner, so those guns do nothing for me and my game play. Pistols, Python when I can get it. Launchers... Another hit or miss. I LOVED the RPG in Modern Warefare. In Black Ops, not so much. I prefer the Strela although it's bulky. Practice throwing the tomahawk. You can throw it and pick it up if you have time, to reuse it. Get claymores when you save up 5000 coins.

Again, there are guns on Modern Warefare that I loved that don't mesh with Black Ops. You have to experiment to find what you like. I occassionally step in for Sledn and will fall in love with his set ups. I try them on my own and some don't work for me in the long run. Also, you can also play Combat first. You will learn the maps and there you can experiment with new weapons. You play with people on your friends list, but they are computerized.

Hope this helps! And if you ever play with Mario... Be careful he likes to join games mid way in and talk smack to you to let you know he's in the room. Also... he likes to flash bang, A LOT! LOL
MrsSledn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:05 PM   #238
MrsSledn
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Cathy
Trading: (0)
MrsSledn is on a distinguished road

And I too hate having my butt handed to me by the kids... My 8 year old when he takes it seriously, is a great player.

I was starting to play during the day when the kids are in school. LOL
MrsSledn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #239
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSledn View Post
Hope this helps! And if you ever play with Mario... Be careful he likes to join games mid way in and talk smack to you to let you know he's in the room. Also... he likes to flash bang, A LOT! LOL
Who me?
Old 05-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #240
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Added a couple of you peeps as friends...hope we can play sometime.