Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Troops Room

Old 07-05-2015, 04:24 PM   #1
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation
Default Gary Sinise

I have apparently been living under a rock. Gary Sinise, Lt. Dan from the movie Forrest Gump, has been extremely active in the efforts to assist our wounded warriors in the transition back to home. This interview knocked me for a loop and I put it here so that others who may not know of his actions can see the kind of amazing man that he is.

http://blog.theveteranssite.com/garysiniseinterview/

I'd like to be like Mr. Sinise if I ever grow up.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:37 PM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Gary Sinise

He also has a band, Mark, the "Lt. Dan Band", that tours and plays benefits for wounded warriors as well. Puts his money where is mouth is, he's a good man.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:43 PM   #3
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

He's a great guy.
So is Steve Buscemi. Same kind of class act.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #4
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Yep, he's been a long time supporter of the troops. I saw the Lt Dan band in Germany and Qatar and was in Afghanistan when he came through but work got in the way. He's a down-to-earth guy that is genuinely appreciative of our men and women in uniform.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:15 PM   #5
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

One heck of a touching video Mark. Its great to see this happen for the soldier and his family
Old 07-05-2015, 07:32 PM   #6
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Lt. Dan is an amazing guy, he hosts the DC Memorial for Vets show every year, usually has the Joint Chiefs on, as soon as they go to commercial you see him out in the crowd shaking vet's hands, he really is an amazing human being and this planet is a better place with him on it.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:33 PM   #7
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

A good man.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:41 AM   #8
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice

Had the honor of shaking his hand several years ago. Very stand up guy and makes a concentrated effort at his events to get off the stage and meet the real people not just the wigs.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:20 AM   #9
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Funny anecdote: I missed him when he came through Kabul, but the captain that worked next to me went to get his autograph. He stopped off at a latrine first. There were only two urinals, very close to each other. He took a quick glance at the guy next to him before starting to pee. As he was taking care of business he realized "That's Gary Sinise!". So he turned to him...then thought "What do I say to Gary Sinise while we both have our ----s in our hands? Is there really any sort of conversation I can - or want - to start right now? Is saying 'I'm a big fan!' or 'I enjoy your work' appropriate at this particular moment? Nah, I'll just let it go..." and realized he'd been staring at Gary the entire time he'd been thinking, probably 20-30 seconds. He looked forward, finished up, washed, and left. He came into our office, sat down, and said "I do believe I just gave Gary Sinise the most uncomfortable piss of his life."
Old 07-06-2015, 07:30 AM   #10
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Very cool, Mark -- thanks for posting the article.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote