Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Oliva Masterblend 1 torpedo

Marjolein Hartman of Hartman Cigars in Amsterdam advised me to try the Oliva Masterblend series, so I bought some torpedos and some robusto’s. The first thing that you notice when you see this cigar is the logo which is lasered into the nice, smooth wrapper. The cigar has a 52 ring and is approximately 165mm long and smells heavy and sweet.

The first flavors that come to mind are a spicy pepper and some leather, but the pepper fades away soon and the leather grows stronger. Further on the way, I can taste some cacao which slowly evolves into toast with a slight taste of nuts on the background and then back to cacao again. The cigar doesn’t have a noticeable turning point, I smoked it till about an inch was left, but there was still no bitter taste.

I had no problems with the burn whatsoever, nor with the draw. The smoke is rich and thick and the ash is almost white. A very nice medium bodied cigar, a delight to smoke.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, if it’s still available.
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote