Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
spincycle

Default Ashton Cabinet Toro

Ashton Cabinet Toro

Pre-Light / Construction: Beautiful cigar, with an even toned wrapper, not a vein in sight. The smooth wrapper was a golden colour and the cigar had a very firm, solid feel though it's length. The pre-light draw was a bit tight and didn't have any descernable flavours.

Taste: I'm going to break this into thirds, which I rarely do, because the flavour changed dramatically though the life of the cigar.
1/3: Well, not much really. Very faint hints of cedar and nuts, but it was so mild I could just be dreaming flavours up. I was dissapointed and though this was going to be a boring smoke.
2/3: Wow. The taste jumped from nothing to fantastic! The dominant taste was butter. I kept thinking of movie popcorn loaded with buttery topping in each yummy draw. There was a hint of caramel sweetness and a nuttiness that went along with it. Yum, yum, yum! Each draw was different, some more nutty, some super buttery. I was surprised I was enjoying a mild cigar this much.
3/3 The butter started to fade and a distinct leather flavour started to appear. A hint of spice as well. As it burned closer to the end, it got a bit harsh and left a slight bitterness in my mouth. I let it die out.

Burn: It needed correction about 3 times, nothing really bad, but I just like my cigar to look like it's burning razor sharp.

Overall: This was a real surprise. I typically find mild cigars boring, but the complexity of flavours throughout the life of the burn kept me very engaged. I was so drawn into the changes of taste, that I put down my book and just smoked. I would definitely smoke another!

Cheers,
Spin
Old 11-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Ashton Cabinet Toro

I'd love to see some pics of this one, nice review.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:24 AM   #3
spincycle

Default Re: Ashton Cabinet Toro

Well, my memory card in my camera has been out of commission for a while now - I kept intending to get a new one though!