Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Panama robusto

There's not much that I know of these Panamanian robustos, I got two from a friend who bought them as a budget bundle from Lynn cigars and that website tells me that the cigars are longfillers from Panama, made my Miura cigars. The cigars come without band and are nameless.

The cigar is wrapped in cellophane, is 5x52 and has a chocolate brown wrapper, full of small veins and has a triple cap. The construction feels a quite firm. The cigar has a mild acidic straw smell. The predraw is good and I taste tobacco.

The flavors are a bit musty, I taste both citrus and earthy flavors, quite full and mild sweet. After an inch I just taste sugar with a little bit of herbs in the aftertaste.

Halfway I get some wood too and near the end the cigar gets a bit spicy.

This cigar lasted me an hour and fifteen minutes. The draw was great and I got a lot of reasonable thick gray smoke. The firm ash is light gray. The burn is good. This cigar is full flavored yet medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Nah, these didn't impress me at all

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10