Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default La Flor Dominicana Airbender Matatan

The only size of the La Flor Dominicana airbender series that is available on the Dutch market is the 5x50 robusto with the name Matatan. All the cigars in the line have those weird names, I guess they are all named after characters from the Airbender comics. This cellophane wrapped cigar has a price tag of € 7.50 in The Netherlands.

The wrapper is nice, medium dark and oily with a few veins. The construction feels a bit hard and the wrapper is quite thick. I like the band. The predraw is good and I taste tobacco with pepper.

I taste coffee and an earthy flavor with a hint of dark chocolate and pepper. The aftertaste has a lot of pepper. After half an inch I taste earth, herbs, chocolate and pepper. After an inch the flavors change to toast with some herbs and a bit of wood and chocolate.

Halfway I taste toast with chocolate and some earth. The wood and herbs are gone. After two thirds the flavors change to toast with wood and herbs. The chocolate has gone and the flavors are quite smooth. The aftertaste is peppery that slowly grows in strength.

The smoke time of this 5x50 robusto is an hour and forty minutes. The draw was a bit easy, but not so easy that I can complain about it. I got a decent smoke volume and the smoke was quite thick. The ash is a bit frayed, but light colored and firm. The burn was straight as an arrow. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, I liked it

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10