Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-27-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
kaelaria
Cigarobsession.com Baby!

First Name: Bryan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann
kaelaria is on a distinguished road
Default Dona Flor Puro Mata Fina Robusto Cigar Review Video

This 5×52 stick offers a dark brown wrapper with slight imperfections, stretch marks, medium veins, color variation at the seams, a handrolled lumpy but firm and even constructions with a slightly sweet tobacco aroma. First light reveals a great draw, good smoke production and flavors of an almost aged tobacco with super smooth almost musty creamy medium body dry flavors and a long finish. The first third continues the exact same experience, burning fairly quickly with a very even line, great draw and smoke output. 25 min in at the 1/2 way point the ash fell off in a solid chunk, flavors remained virtually unchanged, only adding a bit of pepper on the finish. 40 min in at the start of the last third, flavors change to a softer tobacco with a bit of sweet caramel on the end of the draw, and the pepper is more pronounced, giving a bit of zing on the long finish. Ending at 55 min, past the band point the whole thing changed to a full body, heavy deep earth with a burned nut flavor and really strong after taste. It bordered on bitter, just knocking me out with hot temperature smoke and earthiness. Video on the site
Old 02-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #2
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dona Flor Puro Mata Fina Robusto Cigar Review Video

Thanks for the video review Bryan. Interestingly, I started earlier this week in researching Brazilian cigars to see what is being produced with tobacco' from the Mata Fina and Mata Norte regions, and like you, have come across the web site:

http://www.cigarfrombrazil.com/

I know there is at least one online retailer that carries not only the Dona Flor brands, but also another Brazilian brand named Alonso Menendez, which appears to be an interesting looking brand:

http://www.bestcigarprices.com/

I'm sure there are other online retailers as well. Thanks again Bryan...
Old 02-28-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dona Flor Puro Mata Fina Robusto Cigar Review Video

I wonder how it would compare to the Dona Flor Selecao from a couple of years ago???

Thanks for the review!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote