Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 04-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Got Roaches???

This is a simple test for a concept the boss wants to flesh out. He thinks grossing people out
might be good for getting their attention and I tend to agree, obviously, duh.
This is a new character I developed because the other one was too basic, unimaginative and
more scary than anything else. This little guy is cute and cuddly, just the way you want a roach to be.
This is just a test for motion, sound effects and model design. I can already tell that the pacifier needs more
polygons to make it look real. That's the least of it's problems.

But enough jibba jabba, here is a test and a full 15 sec commercial and a full :30

Character test for pacifier concept
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwsgZ...ature=youtu.be

:15 sec
http://youtu.be/H8LxJ6yvL4Q

:30 sec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aYbvN94GGyA
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got Roaches???

How's come that lady in the last commercial talks like she got hit in the head with something?
I love the Tony Bennett roachmercial. The first one is gonna work with some background. The roach is really touch to see, I couldn't really experience the entire cuteness factor.
Well done, Brad!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

i like it.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Ahh, so that's Greg's new logo, huh?

You know Scott, the automated Youtoob upload bot told me they were "dark" and I ignored them because it's a dark
kitchen with roaches at play overnight....but i think I need to address that in some way.

Haha, as to the woman, yes, she has a messed up accent. Since the ad was being used in Alabama, where we KNOW
everyone is a hillbilly, I thought it might work out.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #5
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

I liked them both. I enjoyed the 15 second one the most. Good work!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:50 AM   #6
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Good concepts, but yeah I like the 15 second ad best.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #7
OLS
Suck It

The 30 was made to customer specs off of an idea he had, so I a not surprised you like the one I made
for my own company more. I have better ideas than my customers. But not by much, lol. That Pizza :15 needs
a lot more work with the lighting before it's ready. That and the pacifier idea are both little lighting nightmares.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #8
macsauce13
Have My Own Room

First Name: McKenzie
Trading: (38)
macsauce13 has a spectacular aura aboutmacsauce13 has a spectacular aura about

When the bugs are scurrying across the counter, they could use a bit more size or accent. I'm afraid on a screen far away it may be very difficult to see the bugs runnning. Otherwise they are really cool!
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #9
OLS
Suck It

http://youtu.be/osilJRH4pCQ

Fixed some issues I had with this test of the pacifier. Although looking at it a few times, I see a physics issue
I could easily fix and improve it.

Mac, in HD it's much better with the roach size. It is meant more to prompt the brain than please the eye, but I will
look into that. Suggestions is how we fixes the broke $hi+.

Last edited by OLS; 04-04-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
macsauce13
Have My Own Room

First Name: McKenzie
Trading: (38)
macsauce13 has a spectacular aura aboutmacsauce13 has a spectacular aura about

For sure! I would always trust your eye over mine, and I saw what was happening it was just the only thought I had that hadn't been pointed out. I think you are doing an excellent job on these!
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #11
OLS
Suck It

Your comment was perfectly fine and I took it to heart. I get tunnel vision on these things, without honest first-look
feedback, I could never do my job.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #12
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Brad, I know nothing in the area of the work you are doing here. The only uneducated advice I can offer is that the background is so dark in the pacifier one it becomes hard to see the movement of the roach. I found all to be entertaining from an artistic generation stand point though. Looks like some serious time invested.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:46 AM   #13
OLS
Suck It

http://youtu.be/NqKDGEfKk8c

Here is the Termite Talk Show rough draft edition....This one is a must see JUST for the cutaway.