Old 06-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #2301
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '09 - '10 Thread

Be a shame to see Marleau go. Price might be a good fit, though.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 06-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #2302
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Off to the Unoted Center in about 7 hours for Game 5. Hawks need to bring it.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 06-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #2303
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post

Have fun at the game Tom Chicago will bring it.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #2304
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

This one will be a monster. Both teams know they have to win. I expect the Hawks to bring the speed and the flyers to bring the pain and aggitation.

The question in my mind will be if the Refs call the Flyers and if the Hawks can keep their composure and not take the retaliation penalties they have been doing.

Good luck to both teams, I am glad this series has lived up to what I thought it would be. Both teams have won games based on their strengths.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #2305
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Have fun Tom! I hope the building is nice and quiet for you!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #2306
althekillr
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
althekillr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
awesome! did you know its orange shirt night tonight?
Old 06-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #2307
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
Have fun Tom! I hope the building is nice and quiet for you!
Posted via Mobile Device
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9U9axG68w

Quote:
Originally Posted by althekillr View Post
awesome! did you know its orange crush night tonight?
Yup.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:23 PM   #2308
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Old 06-07-2010, 12:05 AM   #2309
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

nice win. Its so close you can see the finish line
Old 06-07-2010, 12:08 AM   #2310
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
nice win. Its so close you can see the finish line
And yet I am still a ball of nerves.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:56 AM   #2311
yourchoice
Down the stretch

Cohiba

Tom, it seems there is an unlimited supply of pics with Byfugly hamming it up for you to choose from. I think I like him less and less each time you post a pic!

As for the game last night, the Hawks came out ready to play, they out hustled the Flyers and had, by far, their best game of the series . Hopefully the Flyers can force game 7. I have confidence they can.

And where are all of the "The Flyers are getting all of the calls, why weren't the obvious penalties called? The NHL is fixing it so they can win!" people? Maybe the third time Briere gets highsticked in the face will be the charm.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #2312
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Refs definitely missed the high-stick on Briere, Joel....just as they missed the one on Seabrook. Hope Briere is OK and ready to go Wednesday....should be a barnburner.

I think it is cool the way Canucks, Sharks, and now Flyer fans hate Byfuglien so much. You hate the players that make a difference....probably why the Hawks fans hate Pronger, because he is a difference maker most nights.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #2313
yourchoice
Down the stretch

Cohiba

Quote:
I think it is cool the way Canucks, Sharks, and now Flyer fans hate Byfuglien so much. You hate the players that make a difference....probably why the Hawks fans hate Pronger, because he is a difference maker most nights.
You are absolutely correct on that Tom. One of my least favorite opposing players of all time was Matthew Barnaby. I couldn't stand the dude, but always said that if he were a Flyer he'd be one of my favorite players. One of the best at his role, at least when playing against the Flyers.

IMO, most of time, the booing an opposing player receives should be taken as a sign of respect. I actually smile when I hear the boos raining down on Pronger. I'm guessing he does too. The exception to this would be someone like Marty Mcsorley after his cheapshot on Brashear or Dale Hunter after his on Turgeon.

And, FWIW, I think Byfugly is a very imposing force on the ice, and most definitely respect his game. It's his antics that grow tiresome for me.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #2314
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I think part of the reason that I like it so much is this, Joel: My biggest complaint about Byfuglien the last couple seasons is that he seems to play with no emotion. No smiles, no anger....nada. This playoff season he has showed emotion, and his play has been heads and shoulders better. So as far as I am concerned, the more he acts the goof, the better off the Hawks are going to be.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #2315
yourchoice
Down the stretch

Cohiba

Quote:
I think part of the reason that I like it so much is this, Joel: My biggest complaint about Byfuglien the last couple seasons is that he seems to play with no emotion. No smiles, no anger....nada. This playoff season he has showed emotion, and his play has been heads and shoulders better. So as far as I am concerned, the more he acts the goof, the better off the Hawks are going to be.
That makes a lot of sense, Tom. I can think of a lot of professional athletes that have come through Philadelphia that needed a spark of some kind in their game and if glimpses of a spark were shown, their game seemed to elevate. Crossing sports, but McNabb was always more relaxed and confident the goofier he acted. Iverson always excelled when he had an attitude. Jimmy Rollins always pisses opposing team's fans off with his cockiness, but the cockier he is, the better the whole team seems to play (trust me, they're missing him right now).

I guess what I'm saying is, being you're a fan of the Hawks, I see exactly where you are coming from. But like fans from opposing teams of the three athletes I mentioned above, I still don't like the guy!
Old 06-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #2316
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourchoice View Post
That makes a lot of sense, Tom. I can think of a lot of professional athletes that have come through Philadelphia that needed a spark of some kind in their game and if glimpses of a spark were shown, their game seemed to elevate. Crossing sports, but McNabb was always more relaxed and confident the goofier he acted. Iverson always excelled when he had an attitude. Jimmy Rollins always pisses opposing team's fans off with his cockiness, but the cockier he is, the better the whole team seems to play (trust me, they're missing him right now).

I guess what I'm saying is, being you're a fan of the Hawks, I see exactly where you are coming from. But like fans from opposing teams of the three athletes I mentioned above, I still don't like the guy!
Totally understand, Joel....I don't think a lot of people outside of Chicago do right now.

Funny thing is, I actually like Pronger....I blame the refs for giving him a little too much leeway, but that ain't his fault.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #2317
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Hang on there Sparky. I dont know many Sharks fans that hate Byfugly. In fact at the shop last night a few guys said he was a critical player. What most agreed on was the SCRIPTED goal celebration was lame. The same pose, always going to his left, and always ending at the same spot on the board. True celebrations are okay, scripted celebrations where you have it planned out are lame and shows a childish mentality. Like Terrel Ownes etc. To think out how your going to celebrate a goal is strange to me and shows it is not comming from the heart. Instead it is being done to generate a response. Last I checked hockey wasn the WWE and we didnt need the villian.

As to the Canucks celebrations I will say the player I want on my team is the one who wins with class. Not the one who acts like a child jumping around or posing to the opponents crowd yelling neener neener suck on that. Thats just not how I was raised and damn sure not how I am raising my son. You win with class, you let your play on the ice or field leave the mark, not your antics after you win or score.

I know the homers will likely pour in and say there is nothing wrong with a celebration and to that I say fine. Go post your vids again and this time I ask you to find me the scripted repetative goal celebration by one of those players. The same one done over and over and over and over and over again in the same manner. I think instead you will see emotions from the heart. Score goal check, turn and skate to the left check, lift right leg check, lift arms wide check, glide into the glass with back to it and await teamates check. Well except for when he first did it in vancouver you have to add in taunt the crowd.

Still love me some Hawks, and think Byfugly is a good oldschool grinder except for the antics after the goals. I keep saying it to my son, but he doesnt get it yet, "act like you have been there before."
Old 06-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #2318
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

I think Buff's celebration in Vancouver was spontaneous...after that it became for of his
"pose".

Old 06-08-2010, 08:24 AM   #2319
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJXZLnMPiQ4

Old 06-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #2320
dvickery
Team of 1

First Name: derrek
Trading: (0)
dvickery has a spectacular aura aboutdvickery has a spectacular aura aboutdvickery has a spectacular aura about

of the 5 games so far...i thought the last game was the first time that chicago dominated philly like they have everyone else throughout the playoffs...despite average tending.if the hawks have truly "found themselves"(and play like they have since the begginning of the playoffs)...the cup will be presented tonight.

turning point of game 5..buff's monumental(and clean)hit on pronger...totally changed the way pronger played the rest of the game.buff earned more room to play(and it showed on the scoresheet)...pronger was looking for payback(and it showed on the scoresheet (as penalty minutes and +/-)).

i watched pronger daily for a year when he played for the oilers...never seen him hit that solidly.

8 1/2 hours to go...part of me wants chicago to win tonight...part of me wants to see this continue to 7 games...best nhl playoff year in a decade.

derrek