Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 03-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #1
Garbandz
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (53)
Garbandz will become famous soon enough
Default cigar reviewers needed

Hi,I am reviewing cigars for a client and I have too many to review personally,and I need help.I am currently offering this program on the Cigar Outcast site,and I want to give the members of this site a chance to participate as well. If you are interested you can email me your address and I will send you 5 cigars to start and a guide sheet of the items to include in the review. The cost to you is $5.00 to cover the shipping,if you want a second batch,it will be another $5.00 after you have completed the first 5 reviews.The cigars to be reviewed are as follows,at this time: Patel,Cao,Playboy,Perdomo lot 23 & Habano {conn,Mad,Habano},A.Reyes, Gispert,Bauza,Monte black, and white,Lusitania,Don Tomas, Flor del Caney,and so on.As soon as these are finished there will be more different brands,so you can see these are not "dog rockets", and you will get a chance to do real reviews for real brands,and get some good smokes for the cost of shipping.The first reviewers will be considered for round two,so if you are interested,let me know. Those of you who are also members of Outcast can check that site to see that this is not a scam or a trick,I expect the first of you to receive your 5 packs will post it and let others know it is for real. thanks!!Garbandz

Last edited by Garbandz; 03-12-2009 at 07:24 PM. Reason: oops
Garbandz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
kaelaria
Cigarobsession.com Baby!

First Name: Bryan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann
kaelaria is on a distinguished road
Default Re: cigar reviewers needed

How do we sign up?
Old 03-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #3
ChasDen

1) Cant check you out on other site, looks private, no way to register.

2) Hard to send you an email without an email address. Not posted unless I missed it.

"reviewing cigars for a client" seams odd since you listed many different brands.

Chas
Old 03-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasDen View Post

2) Hard to send you an email without an email address. Not posted unless I missed it.

"reviewing cigars for a client" seams odd since you listed many different brands.

Chas
I was kind of thinking along the same lines. How about you send out the cigars and we'll pay for the shipping when we get them? No? Didn't think so.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:54 PM   #5
MithShrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasDen View Post

Chas
Cigar Outcast is invite only. It is basically like our site but the refugees from Cigar Live after the big blow up.

This sounds similar to what we are doing here at TexCigars but probably not legitimate. Asking reviewers to pay for a service they are providing does not make sense.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:55 PM   #6
tunes
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bruce
Trading: (3)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
tunes is on a distinguished road

Call me crazy but why in the world would I pay for shipping to "review cigars for a client" of yours?
Old 03-13-2009, 06:06 PM   #7
RottenZombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunes View Post
Call me crazy but why in the world would I pay for shipping to "review cigars for a client" of yours?
Old 03-13-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
Cigary

I received my 5 pak and have smoked the first cigar and will do the rest within the next week or so as weather permits. The brother here is totally legit and is providing a great deal for 5 good cigars,,,sending him the $5 for shipping is a pretty cheap deal when you consider you are getting $4- $7 cigars each in the 5 pak.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #9
leasingthisspace

I sent out the money this morning. So I am glad to hear it all worked out for you.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:36 PM   #10
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Is the client Puff.com?
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #11
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post
Is the client Puff.com?
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #12
Cigary

Quote:
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace View Post
I sent out the money this morning. So I am glad to hear it all worked out for you.
Tom is a good brother here,,,his credentials are excellent and there are quite a few other brothers that are "reviewing" these cigars. I understand that those who don't know how this works are skeptical,,,I would be as well if he wasn't already involved and smoking my cigars he sent. There are enough members on other sites that are reaping the benefits and I wouldnt put my name on this if I thought there was something "fishy" going on. I think if you click on the brothers avatar and get in touch with him one on one he will answer any other questions you might have about the reviews.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:33 PM   #13
leasingthisspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
Tom is a good brother here,,,his credentials are excellent and there are quite a few other brothers that are "reviewing" these cigars. I understand that those who don't know how this works are skeptical,,,I would be as well if he wasn't already involved and smoking my cigars he sent. There are enough members on other sites that are reaping the benefits and I wouldnt put my name on this if I thought there was something "fishy" going on. I think if you click on the brothers avatar and get in touch with him one on one he will answer any other questions you might have about the reviews.

We have been talking though PM's. I have no doubt it is going to be fine.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #14
SmokinCozy
I don't smoke that

First Name: Craig
Trading: (47)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
SmokinCozy is on a distinguished road

It might be legit, but if the reviews are for puff (?) it should of stayed there
Old 03-14-2009, 01:12 AM   #15
SmokinDuck
Nuts I tell ya.

Trading: (1)
SmokinDuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinCozy View Post
It might be legit, but if the reviews are for puff (?) it should of stayed there
SmokinDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:58 AM   #16
Cigary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinCozy View Post

If you have concerns then that is something that you should ask the author of the post. Myself, I am only reviewing the cigars that are sent and could care less who wants them. I do it because I love smoking cigars and if somebody wants my reviews on them I am only too glad to give a review. I realize that there are those who would rather not do them for specific forums and that is certainly up to each individual. From what I read and understand the author is doing it because he needs help with the reviews and put it out for others to benefit from getting quality cigars and just paying the shipping,,,, which is a pretty good deal in that you get really good cigars and you can help by reviewing it for others. I think that a cigar person is a cigar person no matter where they light their cigar but by the same token if they don't want to take up the opportunity then pass on it. You'd be surprised how many members are cross members on different forums that are on here as well as Puff. My politics about another forum are my own but when all is said and done there are good people on every forum.

Last edited by Cigary; 03-14-2009 at 04:05 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:24 AM   #17
dentonparrots

Can they be sent to the UK for additional costs? If so do you know what it would be?
Old 03-14-2009, 05:34 AM   #18
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentonparrots View Post
Can they be sent to the UK for additional costs? If so do you know what it would be?
5 cigars will be about 10 ounches I guess, flat rate prices can be found here. The UK is in group 5.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:02 AM   #19
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MithShrike View Post
Cigar Outcast is invite only. It is basically like our site but the refugees from Cigar Live after the big blow up.
If this is true, then I assume the client is NOT pvff.com.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #20
Garbandz
Feeling at Home

Trading: (53)
Garbandz will become famous soon enough

Let me settle this for you,the client is definately NOT Puff.com .....Thanks
Garbandz is offline   Reply With Quote