Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 05-18-2011, 07:22 PM   #261
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSledn View Post
Kirk, try capture the flag. Lots more points. My hubby has the turtle beaches. He loves them. I don't care for them much.
I am playing Domination, isnt that the same thing?? I am getting alot more points than when I have been trying to play Team Deathmatch.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #262
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoings View Post
I am playing Domination, isnt that the same thing?? I am getting alot more points than when I have been trying to play Team Deathmatch.
Capture the Flag and Domination are different. Domination rocks some serious points if you capture locations.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #263
kgoings
Cigarologist

kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Capture the Flag and Domination are different. Domination rocks some serious points if you capture locations.
Yea I have been doing well, I usually capture 4 to 5 flags and get a couple kills...nice points!
Old 05-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #264
kgoings
Cigarologist

Getting better at killin some mo fo's!

Still playing domination, I got Ghost, Slight of Hand, and Ninja. I am debating on getting rapid fire next or Claymores.

Been looking at the requirements to get some of these perks to Pro....what the heck is a sentry...guess I gotta shoot one.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #265
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Still playing domination, I got Ghost, Slight of Hand, and Ninja. I am debating on getting rapid fire next or Claymores.

Been looking at the requirements to get some of these perks to Pro....what the heck is a sentry...guess I gotta shoot one.
Sentry gun, you have to carry flash bangs with you as they can still shoot you even with Ghost. Flash it to get behind it, then knife it. You can also blow them up, but it takes a few grenades/grenade launchers, usually more than you get in a single life.

I would go with Claymores first, although on regular it may be over-rated. They will at least let you know when they are gone.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #266
Trkdrvremt

Quote:

Sentry gun is a motion activated machine gun on a tripod....
Don't shoot it you won't win.
Come up behind it and knife it!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #267
Trkdrvremt

Quote:

Domination is my favorite!!!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #268
sboyajian

I played on PS3, but I got tired of waiting so after two of my friends bit the bullet and got an XBox, I couldn't hold out anymore. Been playing on XBox for about 2 weeks now.

I might go to PS3 for the double xp 24/7 nuketown, but not sure. Since the twitter guys play XBox I might just stick with that.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #269
sboyajian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trkdrvremt View Post
Sentry gun is a motion activated machine gun on a tripod....
Don't shoot it you won't win.
Come up behind it and knife it!!!
Took me so many tries to knife mine for Ghost Pro.. I'd always get within a few feet and someone else would get it..
Old 05-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #270
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation

I've been trying the past two nights to get Ninja Pro. I completely destroyed my K/D ratio trying to play Demolition and plant bombs but finally planted 10 but the last requirement is to knife 10 people in the back. I try and I try but even when I think I got them in the back it doesn't reward me, its a bit frustrating.
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:34 AM   #271
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmith4 View Post
I've been trying the past two nights to get Ninja Pro. I completely destroyed my K/D ratio trying to play Demolition and plant bombs but finally planted 10 but the last requirement is to knife 10 people in the back. I try and I try but even when I think I got them in the back it doesn't reward me, its a bit frustrating.
Yep. And sometimes even if you do knife them, it wont count. You have to be lined up directly behind them. I pretty much quit using Ninja though. I think the Hacker perk is more valuable.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #272
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Yep. And sometimes even if you do knife them, it wont count. You have to be lined up directly behind them. I pretty much quit using Ninja though. I think the Hacker perk is more valuable.
I have exclusively used Hacker Pro until this week and agree but wanted to try it out after Adam's recommendation.

Again I am at level 50 and not sure if I want to prestige. I hate giving up all my stuff but I also hate seeing my earned XP go to waste
Old 05-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #273
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Well now that the PS3 network is back online I play every night before bed for an hour or 3. Love me some black ops! Now I just need to get me a headset. Any ideas on a good one?

My handle: DPD_Espionage
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #274
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
Well now that the PS3 network is back online I play every night before bed for an hour or 3. Love me some black ops! Now I just need to get me a headset. Any ideas on a good one?
I never get a chance to talk because I'll wake up the kiddies, but when I do I just use my bluetooth that I use for my phone.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #275
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

Quote:

TB px21s.
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:38 AM   #276
Trkdrvremt

I'm using Turtle Beach x11.
Not top of the line but work great for the price!!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #277
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

I've been playing a little bit on PC. Thinking about picking it up for PS3 or 360 instead, though. None of my friends play any more...lousy real life obligations getting in the way
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #278
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsmith4 View Post
I have exclusively used Hacker Pro until this week and agree but wanted to try it out after Adam's recommendation.

Again I am at level 50 and not sure if I want to prestige. I hate giving up all my stuff but I also hate seeing my earned XP go to waste
My buddy swears by Ninja Pro, you can hear people from 100 feet away. I like Hacker Pro, because you can tell where people are hiding. I don't move much, so it may not be as beneficial. I love hacking things, especially Care Packages, its so much fun to see them try to pick it up and blow up.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #279
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0eybb View Post
TB px21s.
I have the PX21. It works well. I love the separate controls for chat and game volume! It's amazing how much more you can hear with a headset vs. tv.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #280
awsmith4
Simple Pleasures - 2oL

HUpmann

Quote:
My buddy swears by Ninja Pro, you can hear people from 100 feet away. I like Hacker Pro, because you can tell where people are hiding. I don't move much, so it may not be as beneficial. I love hacking things, especially Care Packages, its so much fun to see them try to pick it up and blow up.
Hacking the care packages is hilarious. People forget that in hardcore that you can pause and the map will show you where packages drop. I try to hack everything I see.

I would like to get Ninja Pro to use for my 'camping' loadouts. I agree it would be great to hear people coming from a ways away.