Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Reviews

Old 12-21-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
The.Sheepdog
I Need More Pipes!

First Name: Bill
Trading: (0)
LGC AirForce (Disabled Vet)
The.Sheepdog is on a distinguished road
Default Lane BCA

This is another of the 1oz samples I got in my new stuff pkg to try. It turns out to be very much like the Sutliffe Tobac Noir that I like.

It is a black cavendish but isnt wet like Tobac Noir is in the tin. I dry the latter for an hour or two before burning.

It is very mild, very light and has a light vanilla note. I like it. It packs best with a gravity load not pressing it in too much. (in my experience anyway)
It burn cool and does not hot up the bowl a lot like 1Q did.

I bet this has a lot of names and is sold all over. This one is a good one for anyone to try. A great beginner tobacco as it is light mild sweet and smells great. Depending on price I could buy this instead of the Tobac Noir.

Good stuff!
The.Sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:46 AM   #2
badbriar

Default Re: Lane BCA

Lane pipe tobaccos, like many Sutliffs, are good ones to start off with to determine your basic preferences. After a while, you will be doing yourself a BIG favor in moving to some of the more 'exclusive' brands (read - higher quality). Many really like C & D, MacBaren, McClelland, GLP, Dunhill, etc. MacBaren aromatics have a reputation for bite. My favs are McClelland, GLPease and Dunhill. Superb tobaccos. You need to give some read time to this site, if you haven't already done so. TobaccoReviews.com. Descriptions and indepth reviews of most major brands and blends. For some free entertainment, read up on 1792 flake - some are hilarious!
Old 12-29-2014, 02:22 PM   #3
The.Sheepdog
I Need More Pipes!

First Name: Bill
Trading: (0)
LGC AirForce (Disabled Vet)
The.Sheepdog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lane BCA

I have some of those on order you mentioned. I will continue to like those I have been smoking also!
The.Sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote