Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough
Default Reserva Miraflor lancero

This isn't my first go around with this cigar line. I've had several of these in various sizes, and have always enjoyed them. Today I had the lancero and had a fairly good idea what to expect as far as the flavor/strength. good medium cigar lots of flavor but not much spice and really enjoyable. These have disappeared out of my humidor for quite a while and I'd all but forgotten about them till I was talking with awsmith4 in chat recently and they came up. He and I worked out a deal and a few short days later they appeared in my mailbox, I let them rest for a few days and fired one up today.

While the same basic cigar was there, good body, good flavors...there was something new here. there was a sweetness and a spice that had been missing from the others that I had before. I thought this maybe a short lived, but enjoyable fluke and continued smoking. As I did the sweetness faded but the subtle spice didn't which was lovely. Then as I got deeper into the cigar the sweetness came back and stayed till the end

I love this cigar, if you haven't tried them you need to, if you have, you need to try it again.

loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:06 AM   #2
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Reserva Miraflor lancero

I just got a box of those last week and can't wait to try them. I love the coronas.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:31 AM   #3
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Me and a couple of Dutch friends are still waiting on some boxes that I ordered and paid for some time ago.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
AndyMadera
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (46)
Trinidad
AndyMadera will become famous soon enoughAndyMadera will become famous soon enough

Hey Don, we both know as well as many others that the Netherlands customs went on a refusal binge with cigars. I spent over $200 trying to get them to you eventhough I was and still am unemployed and the people that were distributing my cigars stopped without telling me months ago. Albert now has the remaining stock which he just got last week. I had no income whatsoever for a long time and I told you through emails and skype im sorry. I have not posted in CA for a long time because of this, I just didnt feel right until we were even.

I am extremely embarrassed that this has happened and you WILL get the cigars even though I have already spent so much in the shipping we had a deal and there was no disclaimer on my part about your customs and shipping problems. I would have given your money back in full a long time ago eventhough you have already received part of the cigars paid for but I truely have had no means to do so. I budgeted for sending the cigars just once... The rest of the money was spent thinking all would be well. Hopefully with the sales of cigars going again and the appearant easing of the customs frenzy that I can attempt again to send you the cigars.

I have no hard feelings about you posting something on this publicly as I know the dutch guys are giving you a hard time and I feel worse about that than anything. I just wish things could have gone the way they were supposed to. Again Im sorry and I hope as well you do not hold hard feelings against me or the Guillen family and that you can be smoking them as soon as possible.
AndyMadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
AndyMadera
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (46)
Trinidad
AndyMadera will become famous soon enoughAndyMadera will become famous soon enough

Thank loki, enjoy.
AndyMadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:07 AM   #6
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMadera View Post
Hey Don, we both know as well as many others that the Netherlands customs went on a refusal binge with cigars. I spent over $200 trying to get them to you eventhough I was and still am unemployed and the people that were distributing my cigars stopped without telling me months ago. Albert now has the remaining stock which he just got last week. I had no income whatsoever for a long time and I told you through emails and skype im sorry. I have not posted in CA for a long time because of this, I just didnt feel right until we were even.

I am extremely embarrassed that this has happened and you WILL get the cigars even though I have already spent so much in the shipping we had a deal and there was no disclaimer on my part about your customs and shipping problems. I would have given your money back in full a long time ago eventhough you have already received part of the cigars paid for but I truely have had no means to do so. I budgeted for sending the cigars just once... The rest of the money was spent thinking all would be well. Hopefully with the sales of cigars going again and the appearant easing of the customs frenzy that I can attempt again to send you the cigars.

I have no hard feelings about you posting something on this publicly as I know the dutch guys are giving you a hard time and I feel worse about that than anything. I just wish things could have gone the way they were supposed to. Again Im sorry and I hope as well you do not hold hard feelings against me or the Guillen family and that you can be smoking them as soon as possible.
I'm glad that you answered, even though I disagree on some things you say or claim, but I am taking it to pm now that I finally got your attention again.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:59 PM   #7
loki
H.A.T.E

Partagas

well this thread went a different direction then i expected
Old 09-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #8
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

sorry about that Kev, needed to do it to get Andrew's attention again.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #9
loki
H.A.T.E

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
sorry about that Kev, needed to do it to get Andrew's attention again.
didn't say it wasn't enjoyable, just unexpected
Old 09-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #10
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Nice review Kev! I'll have to get some more of these cigars before they're all gone!
Old 09-29-2010, 05:33 PM   #11
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice review Kev...just snagged a few boxes on the toro & belicoso.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:36 PM   #12
loki
H.A.T.E

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Nice review Kev...just snagged a few boxes on the toro & belicoso.