Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 10-15-2012, 07:23 AM   #41
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation
Default Re: Walking Dead Season 3

Really liked this episode.
I like the new Rick!
I always thought he was a bit of a cry baby.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #42
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Wow! What an awesome 1st episode!!! Really sets the tone for the season eh?

Zombies in riot gear and the look on Maggie's face when she figured a way to kill them.....priceless.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #43
CRIMPS
Benn/Seguin best friends

First Name: Zach
Trading: (50)
RA
CRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the roughCRIMPS is a jewel in the rough

The zombie stillborn thing sent me into a 20 minute trance, I think...

I hated to see Hershel get bit. That sucked. The group needs a doctor.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #44
N2 GOLD
MIND OVER MATTER...

First Name: RICO
Trading: (1)
SCdlH
N2 GOLD will become famous soon enoughN2 GOLD will become famous soon enough

Great episode be hate the fact that Hershel was bit. I do like they found some new characters in the prison... Nice twist...

Let's see how Rick new bad @$$ attitude plays out... So far I like it. It took some balls to chop Hershels leg...
Old 10-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #45
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2 GOLD View Post
Great episode be hate the fact that Hershel was bit. I do like they found some new characters in the prison... Nice twist...

Let's see how Rick new bad @$$ attitude plays out... So far I like it. It took some balls to chop Hershels leg...
And he had NO HESITATION, just cold man, understand it had to be done, but WOW!

Oh another part when Rick took off the helmet and the skin of the zombies face came with it, just badass! They really upped the ante with this 1st episode.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #46
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Can't See It. Have Dish Network.

Bought This Year's Season From iTunes Since I Can't Get It Otherwise. Seems To Be Worth The Money After Watching The First Episode!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #47
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I am already in deep.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #48
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

I just got to finally see the new episode. Very intense, great zombie action. There were a few ties that I had to look away so I didn't get sick to my stomach. Excellent storyline. Couldn't believe it when Rick grabbed the hatchet to hopefully save Hershel. Should be a great season!
Old 10-16-2012, 05:07 AM   #49
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Spoiler Alert: If you haven't seen the new episode you shouldn't be reading this.

I thought some things were poorly executed but it was very entertaining, wish it was a 2 hour episode. The thing that bugged me the most is that the group didn't stand at the fench (Safely) and kill the zombies through the fence, they thought it was a better idea to go into the prison and do it.
Also when the zombie with the keys was already dead they should have run a stake through his head, you never can be too sure. The master zombie hunter that finished the last season was extremely under dramatic this episode. So far everything was very predictable and I am not good at predicting whats coming next typically. I am really not looking forward to the birth scene, hoping for a zombie baby but don't think they go that route. I will continue to be harsh with this series, you have to really surprise me when it comes to zombies. There is not much that hasn't already been done so what you do has to be done perfectly.

Now onto the positives, the prison is a great location to set up if they can find a food source. The farmers daughter is still HOT! I liked the way the episode ended with the other survivors. There was some nice gore which is important in any zombie show/movie. The riot shields and masks were a refreshing new problem. I like that Rick is not happy about the pregnancy, I hope he never is happy but always tries to protect the baby and his wife, It shows some grit and character. I like the way the farmer was older and worn out looking, like he had been through some chit compared to when he was hiding in his farm house.

This is all my worthless opinion, just thinking on the keyboard.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:09 AM   #50
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
Really liked this episode.
I like the new Rick!
I always thought he was a bit of a cry baby.
Exactly, it's like he became a man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Wow! What an awesome 1st episode!!! Really sets the tone for the season eh?

Zombies in riot gear and the look on Maggie's face when she figured a way to kill them.....priceless.
I wish I had as much joy as you in that minute because I love her. But I was thinking "really, you had to have a revelation to realise you can't hit them in the face." But I like the riot gear idea, kinda wanted a zombie to try and bite somebody and not be able to because of the face shield.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #51
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

already so much better than the start of the second season
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #52
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
I wish I had as much joy as you in that minute because I love her. But I was thinking "really, you had to have a revelation to realise you can't hit them in the face." But I like the riot gear idea, kinda wanted a zombie to try and bite somebody and not be able to because of the face shield.
Well they were shooting them and that wasn't working, sorry if I was in that situation I too would continue to do what I was doing (hit them in the face, head, whatever) and not think about the riot gear, so when she finally figured out to "sneak attack" them if you will I was as happy as she was, it was like VICTORY!

Gotta love the last line of the night, it was so perfect "Holy Sh!t!" lol
Old 10-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #53
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post

Gotta love the last line of the night, it was so perfect "Holy Sh!t!" lol
Agreed!
Old 10-17-2012, 03:19 AM   #54
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
At least they seem to have learned a few things about strategy
THANK GOD! That was really starting to bug me. I mean, yeah, I know, civilians, not military trained, just random people thrown together. But man, you live in the post zombie Apocalypse. You kill the damned things EVERY DAY, you sure as hell better start getting a little better at doing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugie View Post
The people behind the cage I can't wait for that to play out.
Well, if that was the mess hall, and those guys were locked in, presumably with a water source, then they have possibly been there just eating, drinking, and shitting for OVER A YEAR! Which means
a) there goes the food stores!
b) holy crap the smell!

Overall, a good intro. Clever with the one woman using the armless zombies as pack mules. Would have liked to see a little more backstory on her, and what the other girl's problem is (more than a simple case of the flu).

When Hershal got bit I automatically thought "well, he's dead". Then I was waiting for the usual cry and moan show while the daughter sobs over her daddy, he begs em to make it quick, someone like rick steps up to knife him... I was pleasantly surprised to see the new twist on things.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:02 AM   #55
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
When Hershal got bit I automatically thought "well, he's dead". Then I was waiting for the usual cry and moan show while the daughter sobs over her daddy, he begs em to make it quick, someone like rick steps up to knife him... I was pleasantly surprised to see the new twist on things.
I too liked that new twist! Hack off the part the Zombie bit!

I don't know if Rick was using that hatchet to kill Zomibies with prior to hacking off Hershel's leg or not??? Doesn't seem to matter much, arrows are safe to kill Zombies with, hunt with, and use as eating utensils.

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #56
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
I too liked that new twist! Hack off the part the Zombie bit!

I don't know if Rick was using that hatchet to kill Zomibies with prior to hacking off Hershel's leg or not??? Doesn't seem to matter much, arrows are safe to kill Zombies with, hunt with, and use as eating utensils.
yeah, basic rules of "infections transmission" have kinda gone out the window in that show a long time ago. I remember back in the day when they were in Atlanta and came storming out of the building in protective masks so the blood spatter wouldn't get em. Now... hahahah. I'm pretty sure after the prison fights, each and every one of them has ingested some "spatter", be damned near impossible not to!

So where does that leave the infection mechanism.... drinking spatter isn't enough to turn you... but a bite or scratch is... ... I think sometimes in a good show, the producer has to ignore certain aspects in order to focus better on other ones and deliver good television.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #57
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Maybe, Francis.....Or maybe since it is a show about dead people actually walking around eating brains, one has to suspend their notions of logic and rules in order to just enjoy the show.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #58
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

But I enjoy the show (and tv in general) specifically because I can apply a certain amount of logic and reason to it and see it as a possible (alternative) reality to our own. Yeah, its entertainment... but it's also a fantasizing escape, a "what if X were true" moment... but that only works in small doses, enjoyable entertainment typical only bends A FEW rules of reality, and leaves the rest untouched so the audience can successfully relate to the show and invest in its characters. Bend too many rules of reality, and the audience feels like they're watching a bad acid trip.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #59
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Fair enough, Francis, although I must qualify by saying I haven't been on an acid trip since college.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #60
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
yeah, basic rules of "infections transmission" have kinda gone out the window in that show a long time ago. I remember back in the day when they were in Atlanta and came storming out of the building in protective masks so the blood spatter wouldn't get em. Now... hahahah. I'm pretty sure after the prison fights, each and every one of them has ingested some "spatter", be damned near impossible not to!

So where does that leave the infection mechanism.... drinking spatter isn't enough to turn you... but a bite or scratch is... ... I think sometimes in a good show, the producer has to ignore certain aspects in order to focus better on other ones and deliver good television.
Maybe it is transfered only in saliva?