Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 10-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #41
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Board games / table top RPGs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoco View Post
D&D night...freaking finally! Our group hasn't played since the middle of September . My work schedule ruined it.

However, the rest of the group plays Warhammer 40K, so they kept themselves entertained without me
Posted via Mobile Device

have fun!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #42
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

So - I'm going to roll a new character and hope that one of my current characters gets killed off

Ive been given the OK by the DM to make a druid who's weapon is...

A bag of 4 badgers given to him by his diety. My characters sole goal would be to not let the badgers die and would not be allowed to have any other companions. Should be a real riot if I ever get to play him
Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #43
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

... A bag full of badgers? Are you going to let them loose or hit someone with it?
I feel like the Druid version of PETA would crack down on that. LOL
Old 02-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #44
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Badgers. That reminds me of a monk character I played way back in college, about the same time I discovered a new girlfriend. My roommate/DM got tired of me always being absent for our group's weekly gaming sessions, so he eventually had the party raided one night by a pack of wandering, giant badgers. With a taste for monkflesh, apparently. Poor dead Bwana.

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #45
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
... A bag full of badgers? Are you going to let them loose or hit someone with it?
I feel like the Druid version of PETA would crack down on that. LOL
They'll be like my attack badgers
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #46
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersozei View Post
Badgers. That reminds me of a monk character I played way back in college, about the same time I discovered a new girlfriend. My roommate/DM got tired of me always being absent for our group's weekly gaming sessions, so he eventually had the party raided one night by a pack of wandering, giant badgers. With a taste for monkflesh, apparently. Poor dead Bwana.
Pesky girlfriends always getting in the way of whats important!

Quote:
They'll be like my attack badgers
Posted via Mobile Device
Let us know how the attack badgers work out!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #47
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

My group hasn't played a single game of D&D since I made my new character .

We've been playing table top games lately. Last Night on Earth, Super Dungeon Explore, Settlers of Catan, etc.

I hopped on Amazon today and ordered a couple of single player tabletops just for fun. Ordered "Friday" and "Onirim". Both come highly recommended from reddit's "Boardgames" subreddit (Link). Hopefully they'll be some fun.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #48
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

The D&D I've been playing is on thetangledweb.net. In 4 games as well as DMing one. Its the only way I can play nowadays.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #49
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
The D&D I've been playing is on thetangledweb.net. In 4 games as well as DMing one. Its the only way I can play nowadays.
Oh yeah - you had told me about that forever ago. Maybe I need to look into it again.

After making this post - I called our DM and told him that it was time to play some D&D again. He agreed. When I called the rest of our group their response was essentially "I've been thinking that - but everyone has seemed so content to play board games". Funny...we've all been wanting to play but just assumed no one else did
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-13-2012, 10:50 PM   #50
mariogolbee

Quote:
We've been playing table top games lately. Last Night on Earth, Super Dungeon Explore, Settlers of Catan, etc.
I finally got a chance to break out Last Night on Earth about a month back. Finally got into Catan as well.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #51
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

mmmm highschool memories! Battletech board game and Mechwarrior RPG with friends
Old 07-08-2012, 02:22 AM   #52
mariogolbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
mmmm highschool memories! Battletech board game and Mechwarrior RPG with friends
I played a handful of Battletech games when I was teen. I did pick up a copy of the 25th anniversary edition a few months back. I haven't had the chance to play, but it includes A LOT.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #53
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road

Reading this thread reminds me of sitting next to the nerd table in HS at lunch.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #54
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogolbee View Post
I played a handful of Battletech games when I was teen. I did pick up a copy of the 25th anniversary edition a few months back. I haven't had the chance to play, but it includes A LOT.
I played Mechwarrior a little, the board game a lot, and the Card Game an insane amount. I was pretty sold on the Battletech universe

Can't remember the name of it, but there's a third party computer program for playing the battletech board game locally or online.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #55
mariogolbee

For anyone in the SF Bay Area the Pacificon Games Expo will be on from this Friday until Monday. LMK if anyone plans on attending so we can meet up for a game or two!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #56
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonw560 View Post
Reading this thread reminds me of sitting next to the nerd table in HS at lunch.
I was at the head of the nerd table.

Played a new board game the other day - "Zombicide". Fun game - co-op kill the hordes of zombies.

My D&D group has stopped playing D&D altogether. We've had a guy whose wife won't let him come play but every other week now. Mix that with the fact that we had a once-a-month game with two extra folks - we only play each game once a month. Keeping any sort of pacing, concept of the storyline, etc. is totally trashed. If we do play, it takes nearly 3 hours to get into it and remember where we were. We are officially a board game group
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #57
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Hey man, board games are better than nothing!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #58
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

I'm starting to get pumped. We just finished rolling new characters in prep for a new game.

One of the guys who couldn't ever make it has changed jobs and now has Friday nights free. Now I just have to convince them to start the characters at level 10...

On the board game front: Pandemic is AWESOME. I really haven't had this much fun with a board game before. I can play it solo and still have fun with it - that's how good it is
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #59
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

nice! I'm getting jealous, nobody to play with in my area! All my old nerd friends have long since moved to other parts of the country
Old 12-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #60
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

Debating whether or not to try making a group for my pharmacy school...