Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-21-2010, 06:37 PM   #61
Tripp
Pepin Ho of the NorthWest

First Name: Tripp
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Tripp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: tatuajeanarchy.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc3084 View Post
For NHC I believe......
That'd be my first guess as well.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #62
wolfandwhisky
Resident Whisky Addict

First Name: Matt
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
wolfandwhisky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
For NHC I believe......
So... who's offering to secure a box for me?
wolfandwhisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:24 PM   #63
Darrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougBushBC View Post
Ghurkas are dog turds, you wont ever hear anyone say that about Tats.
Tats are dog turds.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:25 PM   #64
Tripp

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
Tats are dog turds.
I saw that one coming.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:04 PM   #65
BC-Axeman

I have yet to smoke a Tat I would pay for. Not bad but not that good either. I have smoked some Gurkha dog rockets but G3s are one of my favorite smokes. Maybe Tat has something I would add to my list but I haven't smoked it yet. I am not going out of my way for the new release but might try it if I get the chance. I would rather find a reliable regular production cigar I like.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:53 AM   #66
DougBushBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman View Post
I have yet to smoke a Tat I would pay for. Not bad but not that good either. I have smoked some Gurkha dog rockets but G3s are one of my favorite smokes. Maybe Tat has something I would add to my list but I haven't smoked it yet. I am not going out of my way for the new release but might try it if I get the chance. I would rather find a reliable regular production cigar I like.
Despite all the trash talking here, there are MANY great tat regular production cigars, not everything they make is limited run.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:21 AM   #67
BC-Axeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougBushBC View Post
Despite all the trash talking here, there are MANY great tat regular production cigars, not everything they make is limited run.
"Great" is subjective enough. I have only tried four different Tats and I will try others but "great" hasn't happened to me yet.
I am not trashing PJ or his cigars. I find the ones I like from many companies, even Gurkha or Altadis or some of the others that people like to trash. These new "Face" cigars look interesting but as they are not something you will be able to get anytime you want I will let them pass.
Smoke what you like...
Old 04-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #68
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman View Post
"Great" is subjective enough. I have only tried four different Tats and I will try others but "great" hasn't happened to me yet.
I am not trashing PJ or his cigars. I find the ones I like from many companies, even Gurkha or Altadis or some of the others that people like to trash. These new "Face" cigars look interesting but as they are not something you will be able to get anytime you want I will let them pass.
Smoke what you like...
I've tried a heck of a lot more than four Tat products and haven't found one fit to smoke, as of yet. I have a few cigars and you won't find a Tat anywhere (I don't think.)
I just don't like them. It's that black peppery pine tree flavor in the back of my mouth. It just puts me off, bad. I can't stand it.
That said, I keep trying them. Unless it's a Noella Especial or El Triunfador. I've never even experienced a Gurkha that was remotely as vile. How anyone can smoke either and not chunk is a mystery to me.
That's where subjective comes in. I don't think there's anything great about Tats. Not even remotely. But, I have to take into mind that tons of people love them. And from my experience, their construction is beyond reproach.
I've seen lots of his interviews and read a lot of stuff Pete has written. I'm glad Pete does what he does. He enjoys it, and he makes lots of people very happy.There can't be anything bad about that.
Except maybe his cigars.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:49 AM   #69
boom
Central Cali Cigar Crew

First Name: Troy
Trading: (107)
HdM
boom will become famous soon enoughboom will become famous soon enough

From a business stand point Pete has great marketing appeal... Those that want to chase them down will, I agree retailers should have no part in his contests... Did any one win the Ducati ? I like most of his products... In fact I just got my hands on a 5er of Dracs thanks to one of our very own her... I won't participate in his antics.... My local B&M got a Golden ticket....Haven't been there since.... I am still looking out for a Boris or 5er, some day I will get the pleasure to enjoy one just not meant to be yet...
boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #70
tomc3084
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (26)
tomc3084 is on a distinguished road

NHC cigar:http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1572979468 seems to be same as sw and sw maduro....hopet hey come out with somethin g smaller than 40 ct boxes, thats a big commitment....maybe a box plit will be in order when they come out, the sw is one of his cgars i enjoyed, i actually liked the nat better over the 1 maddie i had....i actuallly traded my 2nd maddie for a natural, i have been called crazy for this
Old 04-22-2010, 08:49 AM   #71
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
NHC cigar:http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1572979468 seems to be same as sw and sw maduro....hopet hey come out with somethin g smaller than 40 ct boxes, thats a big commitment....maybe a box plit will be in order when they come out, the sw is one of his cgars i enjoyed, i actually liked the nat better over the 1 maddie i had....i actuallly traded my 2nd maddie for a natural, i have been called crazy for this
That link didn't work, Tom. It gets automatically shortened.
Use the little "insert link" trick. Highlight the text, click the little earth/chain icon, and drop the url in there.
Don't know why links get chopped by the software here, but it happens.
I wanna see those smokes.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #72
Tripp

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
That link didn't work, Tom. It gets automatically shortened.
Use the little "insert link" trick. Highlight the text, click the little earth/chain icon, and drop the url in there.
Don't know why links get chopped by the software here, but it happens.
I wanna see those smokes.

There ya go, Scott. Doesn't look like an SW to me, as they're 6 3/4 x 42, same size as cazadores iirc.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:04 AM   #73
Tatuaje

Quote:
For NHC I believe......
No
Old 04-23-2010, 01:08 AM   #74
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatuaje View Post
No
Then for whom?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:21 AM   #75
Tatuaje

By now all should know I do the Halloween cigar every year. I do this to have fun with the brand and at the same time create buzz. This is something I will continue to do. Last year many things caused problems this is why I am changing to something simple. For all the collectors, I am still making the funky gimmicky box and releasing it first. Then I am also releasing the same cigar two weeks later in plain boxes for people that only care about the smokes. Just under 22,000 cigars which happens to be a lot for a company my size and should be enough to make it easy to find. No spooky ticket and no giveaway. Just cigars for the holiday.

The Tatuaje Anarchy thing, I can't take credit for. I do know it will be easy to find. That's all I can say as I've been asked to keep quiet.

The NHC cigar will be easy to find as it's made for NHC only. They come in boxes of 40 but I am sure that Dan will be making samplers in different formats and the price is right.

I respect the opinions but the name calling is stupid. Don't like the product don't buy it. Don't like my marketing (which by the way , I don't know marketing) Don't buy the product. I make tons of regular production product that people can buy at a good price point that has no gimmicks tied to it.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:06 AM   #76
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
By now all should know I do the Halloween cigar every year. I do this to have fun with the brand and at the same time create buzz. This is something I will continue to do. Last year many things caused problems this is why I am changing to something simple. For all the collectors, I am still making the funky gimmicky box and releasing it first. Then I am also releasing the same cigar two weeks later in plain boxes for people that only care about the smokes. Just under 22,000 cigars which happens to be a lot for a company my size and should be enough to make it easy to find. No spooky ticket and no giveaway. Just cigars for the holiday.

The Tatuaje Anarchy thing, I can't take credit for. I do know it will be easy to find. That's all I can say as I've been asked to keep quiet.

The NHC cigar will be easy to find as it's made for NHC only. They come in boxes of 40 but I am sure that Dan will be making samplers in different formats and the price is right.

I respect the opinions but the name calling is stupid. Don't like the product don't buy it. Don't like my marketing (which by the way , I don't know marketing) Don't buy the product. I make tons of regular production product that people can buy at a good price point that has no gimmicks tied to it.
First of all good to see you posting on here, Pete.

Your brand is one of the few NC brands that I still enjoy. I like the Halloween series and all the unique stuff you do with your brand. Ulike other brands, you back your great branding with a quality cigar. I'm definitely looking forward to your future cigars

I wouldn't take some of the comments seriously on here. Keep doing what you're doing. Hope to see you in Michigan soon.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:19 AM   #77
Patrick B
Feeling at Home

Trading: (6)
Patrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura aboutPatrick B has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
First of all good to see you posting on here, Pete.

Your brand is one of the few NC brands that I still enjoy. I like the Halloween series and all the unique stuff you do with your brand. Ulike other brands, you back your great branding with a quality cigar. I'm definitely looking forward to your future cigars

I wouldn't take some of the comments seriously on here. Keep doing what you're doing. Hope to see you in Michigan soon.
Ditto on the above. I once had dinner and smokes with Pete and talked cigars for hours. I TRULY think he does the special stuff b/c he wants to make cool and fun stuff that people will enjoy, not purely as a cash-grab or for the marketing boost. Some people should be embarrassed by their comments in this thread.
Patrick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:25 AM   #78
DougBushBC

Quote:

Thanks for checking in on this thread, there are still lots of fans of your products here don't let this thread make you think this whole board is drinking that tatuaje haterade

Old 04-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #79
Ender
Ok, maybe just one.

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (1)
Partagas
Ender will become famous soon enoughEnder will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick B View Post
Ditto on the above. I once had dinner and smokes with Pete and talked cigars for hours. I TRULY think he does the special stuff b/c he wants to make cool and fun stuff that people will enjoy, not purely as a cash-grab or for the marketing boost. Some people should be embarrassed by their comments in this thread.
True.
Personally I think PJ's gimmicks are fun to see in this type of hobby. I'm pretty stoked to see Pete posting in here. Thanks Pete!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #80
klipsch

Thanks for chiming in here Pete. Love your cigars!