Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-24-2010, 04:08 PM   #21
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: What's with the Diesels ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Someone was nice enough to post about a 10 pack for $30 shipped on CI. I had to give it a shot. People have said it was heavy in the hand. This thing is like a roll of quarters. I tend to like heavy cigars form some reason. They also said it smells like sh1t and they are right. It seems like a cigar that smells bad unlit tends to be great when you smoke it.

It had a strong taste of hay. I have heard this described before and thought that it would be the last thing I would want to taste in a cigar. As most have said it is actually a very pleasant taste. It was very smooth and no aftertaste which I like. This was a really great smoke period. Adding that it cost $3 a stick and it is a real good deal.

The only thing I did not enjoy was towards the end it got a little acrid which I hate. This could be my own fault. I only let it sit in the humi for 4-5 days. CI ships real wet and it still felt a little bit over humidified.

Maybe you guys can educate me. Can being a little over humidified make the cigar a little acrid? Generally will some rest help a cigar not become acrid?

Anyway I hate liking cigars that are hyped up but this is a really great cigar at a really great price. Time to order a box. Have a feeling they will age well.
Yes! Most Cigars Are Shipped Very Wet. I Usually Let Mine Rest At Least 2 weeks Before Smoking any, sometimes 6 Months To 1 Year. That Should Take Care Of The Acrid Taste. I also Keep My Cigars Around 58-60% RH, Now, They Seem to burn & Smoke Better!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote