Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 08-19-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default I hate that!

Went to try and cram some more smokes into the cab this evening and suddenly said WTF! Apparently my Oasis decided to run constantly driving the humidity in my cab up to 81%. Luckily I think it may have only been for a day at the most because I believe I checked all the temps/humidity on Tuesday night and they were all between 65-68%. plus that is when I topped off the Oasis. Gave some of the uncelloed smokes a squeeze and they are a bit on the moist side. Guess I won't be smoking anything pulled straight out of that cab for a while. Anyone know what causes the Oasis units to do that? I unplugged it for now until the humidity gets back to an acceptable level. Whats weird is the Oasis was reading 77% and is set at 65% and was still running.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I hate that!

I made a voodoo doll of your Oasis and poked the heck out of it after that unprovoked attack on me. After you apologize I will let it go back to normal!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #3
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

You son of a beeeeeeeeeeep!!! J/K. Your a good BOTL and deserve what you have coming to you so I refuse to apologize for anything.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
You son of a beeeeeeeeeeep!!! J/K. Your a good BOTL and deserve what you have coming to you so I refuse to apologize for anything.
OK then... have it your way. A few thousand $$$ of smokes are on the line!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

he could just bomb them to you instead of letting them go to waste Brent, have you thought of that? So you'de better fix his Oasis.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #6
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
he could just bomb them to you instead of letting them go to waste Brent, have you thought of that? So you'de better fix his Oasis.
OK, OK ... I will take out the needles...

Sorry for the threadjack brother. I really don't have anything constructive to add as I have never had an Oasis.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:57 PM   #7
Chingas
Death Is Waiting

First Name: Chingas
Trading: (35)
Partagas
Chingas has disabled reputation

Quote:
Thatta Boy John!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Bueler? Anyone, Bueler?
Old 08-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #9
GolfNut
Back in the woodshop!

First Name: Forrest
Trading: (38)
Partagas
GolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura about

I don't have one but looked up this info for you. Since you just filled it, this may apply. HTH.
* Home
* /
* Cigar Oasis - Troubleshooting -

Cigar Oasis - Troubleshooting Tips

How do I fill my cartridge?

The best way to refill the cartridge is to submerge it in a bowl of distilled water for 4 minutes. When time's up, take it out and let it stand on the counter another minute. Then turn it over the sink and let any loose water drain out. Dry off the top of the cartridge and put it back together. There must be no loose water visible in the holes.
Why does my XL or XL Plus run continuously?

There are only a few things that cause this problem. Most often, this is a water issue.

If there is any loose water in the cartridge, the water blocks the air flow and the unit thinks it's empty. It cannot draw the moisture from the cartridge and into your humidor. That would cause the low % and the unit to constantly run. If this is the case, please refill the cartridge according to the instructions here.

Another reason the unit may run continuously is if the little plastic valves that cover two of the holes under the control top are "stuck". An easy way to check that is to remove the top, hold it over your head, look underneath and blow on the underside of the control top to see if the clear plastic valves move. If they do not move then it is blocking the flow of moisture into the unit. Use light pressure to unstick the valve using a q-tip with rubbing alcohol and then use the q-tip to clean the plastic as well as the hole that it covers. These valves must open when the unit is running to draw moisture and when the unit is in sleep mode, they close to prevent passive evaporation into the humidor.

If your humidor is new or hasn’t been used for a while, it may need to be seasoned. If the wood is dry, the unit runs and the moisture is going into the wood. The humidity will drop until it's fully seasoned.

If all of the above don't fit, then the only other reason this symptom happens is if there is a poor seal or leak somewhere in the humidor. A very easy leak test is to take your cigars out briefly and burn a piece of incense on a little dish and close the lid. You cannot see water vapor, however you can see smoke escape. If that's the case you need to address that problem before you can go any further.
I just filled a cartridge and the unit is running continuously or it is still asking for water (H2O). Why?

If there is any loose water in the cartridge, the water blocks the air flow and the unit thinks it's empty. It cannot draw the moisture from the cartridge into your humidor. That would cause the low humidity and the unit to constantly run. If this is the case, please refill the cartridge according to the instructions here.
GolfNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #10
captain53
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (3)
captain53 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Went to try and cram some more smokes into the cab this evening and suddenly said WTF! Apparently my Oasis decided to run constantly driving the humidity in my cab up to 81%. Luckily I think it may have only been for a day at the most because I believe I checked all the temps/humidity on Tuesday night and they were all between 65-68%. plus that is when I topped off the Oasis. Gave some of the uncelloed smokes a squeeze and they are a bit on the moist side. Guess I won't be smoking anything pulled straight out of that cab for a while. Anyone know what causes the Oasis units to do that? I unplugged it for now until the humidity gets back to an acceptable level. Whats weird is the Oasis was reading 77% and is set at 65% and was still running.
Yes I know what causes Oasis to ruin your cigars - Oasis is a total piece of CRAP - that is why. Had one and it ruined about 200 cigars of mine several years ago. They are pure Junk. Sorry for the rant but just the word Oasis pisses me off to this day.
captain53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #11
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

I kind of skimmed Forrest's post as it probably answered it, but this happened to me before. If the top (where the holes are) of the cartridge is not 100 % completely dry, the Oasis will do continuously...at least mine will. When it happened to me, I removed it from the humidor, separated the cartridge from the unit and let them both air out. Put it back together hours later and, problem solved. Good luck.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote