Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 07-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #21
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shilala's Beads

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
That's what I have been looking to do... The catch is that the plastic enclosure needs lots and lots of holes for the beads to work and I have not yet found anything suitable.
I put tons of brain time in it too, Michael.
The best thing you could do is sew replacement socks, make them extra long so they could roll down, and offer some kind of clip. That way a guy could pour his beads in and be good to go.
Maybe even try a long sock, roll the end, and see if it will iron when it's wadded (rolled up) at the end?
Any kind of container will diminish the bead's capabilities, but even a butter dish or something might help so they don't need to be handled so much?
Hell, I don't know.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:35 PM   #22
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Can't you try using nylon? Nylon has lots of holes in it.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:16 PM   #23
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
Can't you try using nylon? Nylon has lots of holes in it.
The holes in most nylon are too big.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:30 PM   #24
Pass
Puff, Puff...

First Name: Max
Trading: (8)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Pass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I put tons of brain time in it too, Michael.
The best thing you could do is sew replacement socks, make them extra long so they could roll down, and offer some kind of clip. That way a guy could pour his beads in and be good to go.
Maybe even try a long sock, roll the end, and see if it will iron when it's wadded (rolled up) at the end?
Any kind of container will diminish the bead's capabilities, but even a butter dish or something might help so they don't need to be handled so much?
Hell, I don't know.
Why not just use the small size pillow... go to the nearest craft store and buy a metal or magnet backing. attach that to the pillow and magnetize it to the roof like you do the discs. Make sense? That might work...
Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #25
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbowles2 View Post
It would be pretty cool is the fabric 'sock' could be put into a plastic cage to help protect it and keep it from getting snagged and worn from moving them around. The ones in the bottom of my vino never move but the one in the top constantly gets moved and I fear that one day it will wear... and then all those microscopic beads will make a huge mess.
If you think the packaging for your beads is getting worn and will leak, let me know and I will send you out a replacement and then you can return the worn out one (placing it in a ziplock or the like before shipping it ). No charge for you except the postage to return the old one.

This applies whether you purchased the beads from either me or Scott.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #26
lbowles2
Luv me some broadleaf!!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (84)
lbowles2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
If you think the packaging for your beads is getting worn and will leak, let me know and I will send you out a replacement and then you can return the worn out one (placing it in a ziplock or the like before shipping it ). No charge for you except the postage to return the old one.

This applies whether you purchased the beads from either me or Scott.
Mine isn't leaking... but that is awesome!! Way to take care of us customers!

Considering the great service AND product I will be coming back for more when I need it. Thanks!