Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-06-2022, 04:00 AM   #4081
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a great time last night at El Jalapeno Charro, the music, dancing and of course the food was all outstanding. We got there at 1730 (5:30 PM) and had a table waiting for us. After that, the line out the door lasted past 2000 (8 PM) as that's when we left. The place is huge and the workers were running their butts off. Sports wise this weekend, the NHL is in the playoffs and the NY Rangers are tied up a game a piece with Pittsburgh; the Yankees take on the Texas Rangers this weekend starting tonight; the NASCAR drivers are in Darlington, SC - one of my favorite tracks. Tomorrow morning, I'll be heading down to Philadelphia to support the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation for their annual Gathering of Heroes with five Medal of Honor Recipients in attendance:

https://www.fbbcf.org/index.cfm?fuse...s.page&id=1146

Enjoy your weekend all, smoke a favorite or two and be safe out there........
Old 05-09-2022, 03:51 AM   #4082
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday already. We had a great weekend seeing ole' friends and spending time with five Medal of Honor recipients, America's Heroes:

https://www.facebook.com/MCLEFPhiladelphia

Got back to New York and spent the rest of the day with Beth relaxing out back and enjoying this nice Spring weather. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys it as well........
Old 05-10-2022, 04:01 AM   #4083
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's looking like the next 3 to 4 days will be sunny here in the Hudson Valley:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...4#.Yno2IB0pCi4

Congrats to the Yankees on their win yesterday over the Texas Rangers with a final score of 1 - 0. The Yankees had a no hitter going into the 8th inning. Glad they got the win and tonight the Yankees will be taking on the Blue Jays starting at 1905 (7:05 PM). I hope you all have a great day and enjoy.......
Old 05-11-2022, 03:58 AM   #4084
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". Congrats to the Yankees on their come from behind win last night in the 9th inning with a walk off 3 run homer from Aaron Judge making the final score 6 - 5:

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/aar...hr-for-yankees

I'm taking the afternoon off being that it's going to be another beautiful day. Got the grass cut yesterday, Beth and I plan on cleaning the windows in the sun room (9 large Larsen Storm Windows) and the Pella Sliders. I'm sure that they'll be a cigar getting smoked after we're done and some BBQ on the grill. Enjoy everyone........
Old 05-12-2022, 03:50 AM   #4085
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room in Monroe, NY this evening. Congrats to the Yankees on another win yesterday afternoon with a final score of 5 - 3 over the Blue Jays. They'll be taking on the White Sox tonight starting at 2010 (8:10 PM) in Chicago. I hope you all have a great day and we get to see a few of the local S/BOTL tonight........
Old 05-13-2022, 03:59 AM   #4086
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a great time at Aroma last night, the place was packed and top shelf cigars were being enjoyed. Congrats to the Yankees again as they beat the White Sox 15 - 7 last night. These two teams will be be playing each other all weekend, hopefully a few "W"s go in the Yankees favor. The NY Rangers are playing tonight in a must win situation as they are down 3 games to 2. The NASCAR drivers are in Kansas, KS this weekend with racing tomorrow afternoon and Sunday. Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy......
Old 05-16-2022, 03:55 AM   #4087
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's back to work Monday. We had another great weekend, a number of us went to the Maifest at the Germania Club in Poughkeepsie, NY (https://germaniapok.com/) on Saturday and then Beth and I hit up a couple of breweries yesterday (Shepherd's Eye https://shepherdseyebrewing.com/ & Long Lot https://longlotfarmbrewery.com/). Congrats to the NY Rangers in beating the Pittsburgh Penguins in overtime last night and advancing to the next round in the NHL Playoffs. Yankees took 3 out of 4 games from the White Sox in Chicago and now they take on the Baltimore Orioles for the next 4 days. Congrats to Kurt Busch for taking the checkered flag in yesterday's NASCAR race, definitely a hard fought win until the last lap. The is Graduation week at West Point with the ceremony on Saturday at Michie Stadium. There will be a couple of parades, award ceremonies and a lot of special guest visiting during the week. I hope all of you have a great week and enjoy a few of your favorites throughout it.......
Old 05-17-2022, 03:20 AM   #4088
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's looking like we'll have a nice day or two here in the Hudson Valley according to NOAA:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...4#.YoNnth0pCi4

Congrats to the Yankees on their win last night against the Orioles in Baltimore. Let's hope they get on another roll and put up a "W" tonight. Enjoy everyone and remember to be safe out there.......
Old 05-18-2022, 03:38 AM   #4089
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's already "Hump Day". Congrats to the Yankees on another win last night against the Orioles, the Bombers are half way in taking this four game series in Baltimore. Beth and I are hosting our sponsored West Point Cadet for dinner this evening and his buddy for one more time this school year as Graduation is this Saturday. Caleb is heading down to Washington D.C. for the summer where he will be assigned to a unit as a senior Cadet. He'll be coming back to West Point in August for his final year as a Firstie (Senior), time does fly as I remember when he just got to the Academy 3 years ago. Anyway, enjoy all and smoke a favorite if you get the chance........
Old 05-19-2022, 03:58 AM   #4090
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room this evening. Besides smoking top shelf stogies tonight, they are hosting a Cigar & Bourbon Night with Villiger Cigars along with the good folks from the Alton Distillery:

https://shoutout.wix.com/so/57O2HHA_...KwUmv6fU#/main

Congrats to the Yankees on another win last night against the Orioles, one more "W" today and the brooms will be out. Enjoy everyone and we hope to see a number of local S/BOTL this evening at Aroma........
Old 05-20-2022, 03:59 AM   #4091
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a blast last night at Aroma, the place was jam packed with over flow out into the parking lot. Great bourbon and rye being offered and the cigars were top notch as well. The Yankees lost yesterday with a walk off homer in the bottom of the 9th, no brooms out but 3 out of 4 games on the road is always nice. They are home this weekend versus the White Sox which should be a good match up for sure. The NASCAR drivers are in Texas this weekend and the NY Rangers are playing tonight and Sunday being down 1 game against the Carolina Hurricanes in the Playoffs. Today is the Class of 2022 Graduation Parade at West Point with the actual Graduation Ceremony tomorrow morning at 1000 (10 AM). We'll be busy until tomorrow afternoon when we finally get a break and relax a bit until the start of Football Season. Anyway, enjoy all and remember to be safe out there.......
Old 05-23-2022, 03:54 AM   #4092
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0410 and it's back to work Monday already. The West Point Graduation is in the history books, things went as smooth as possible and the Army has 1000+ new 2nd lieutenants in the Active Duty ranks. Congrats to the NY Rangers on their win yesterday and hopefully put up another "W" tomorrow evening to tie up the series 2 games a piece. The Yankees only took one game this weekend from the White Sox out of 3, lets go fellas and get back on track tonight against the Orioles. Ryan Blaney took the checkered flag last night in the NASCAR All-Star race and took home the 1 million dollar prize:

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...e-texas-recap/

Enjoy your week everyone, smoke a favorite or two if you get the chance........
Old 05-24-2022, 03:56 AM   #4093
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's looking like the next couple of days here in the Hudson Valley will be nice according to NOAA:
Tuesday - Partly sunny, with a high near 71. Light and variable wind becoming east around 6 mph in the morning.
Wednesday - Mostly sunny, with a high near 74. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday - Partly sunny, with a high near 72.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...4#.Yoyo9B0pCi5

The Yankees came up a little short last night against to Orioles loosing 6 - 4. These two teams will be back at it again tonight, hopefully the Yanks put up a "W" instead of an "L". One good thing is that the other two top teams in the AL East also lost, no harm no foul. Anyway, enjoy all and remember to be safe out there.......
Old 05-25-2022, 03:55 AM   #4094
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's already "Hump Day". Congrats to the Yankees on their win last night with a final score of 7 - 6 as Jose Trevino hits a walk off single in the 11th:

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/jos...win-vs-orioles

They'll play the rubber game of the match up this evening and hopefully the Yankees put up another "W". Enjoy everyone......
Old 05-26-2022, 03:53 AM   #4095
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room this evening. Congrats to the Yankees on their 2 - 0 win over the Orioles, on to Tampa for the next four days taking on the Rays starting tonight at 1840 (6:40 PM). I hope you all enjoy and we hope to see a few of the local S/BOTL this evening.......
Old 05-27-2022, 03:51 AM   #4096
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's Friday! We had a good time at Aroma last night, unfortunately the NY Rangers came up short loosing 3 - 1. They'll play again tomorrow evening and it's a must win to stay in the Playoffs being down now 3 games to 2. Congrats to the Yankees though as they won 7 - 2. The NASCAR drivers are in Charlotte, NC with racing all weekend finishing up with the Coca Cola 600 on Sunday. Enjoy your weekend everyone and take a moment on Monday being it's Memorial Day to honor our fallen who gave the ultimate sacrifice to keep our country free.......
Old 05-31-2022, 03:49 AM   #4097
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's back to work Tuesday. We had a great weekend ending with a Memorial Day ceremony yesterday at West Point honoring our fallen to keep America free. Saturday, I spent the day at the Aroma Cigar Room with the fellas; Sunday Beth and I went over to dear friend's of ours and enjoy a nice BBQ; yesterday after the ceremony, we did a low and slow beer can chicken on the grill relaxing out back. Congrats to the NY Rangers on winning last night and advancing in the NHL playoffs (again winning in game 7). I hope you all have a great week and enjoy.........
Old 06-01-2022, 03:46 AM   #4098
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's already "Hump Day". Congrats to the Yankees on another big win last night with a final score of 9 - 1 over the LA Angels. These two teams will be back at it tonight with the first pitch thrown at 1905 (7:05 PM). Also tonight, the NY Rangers will play game one of the Conference Finals against the Tampa Bay Lightning starting at 2000 (8 PM), LGR! Have a great day everyone and remember to be safe out there........
Old 06-02-2022, 03:50 AM   #4099
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at the Aroma Cigar Room this evening enjoying primo stogies. The Yankees game got postponed last night because of rain so today they'll have a doubleheader starting at 1305 (1:05 PM). Congrats to the NY Rangers for winning game one of the Conference Finals last night with a score of 6 - 2. Next game will be tomorrow evening starting at 2000 (8 PM). Anyway, enjoy all and we hope to see a few of the local S/BOTL tonight.......
Old 06-03-2022, 03:18 AM   #4100
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0410 as always and it's Friday! We had a good time at Aroma last night, a number of the regulars were out as well as a couple of ole' faces that we haven't seen since COVID. A big congrats to the Yankees for winning both games yesterday, keep it up fellas Detroit is in town this weekend. The NY Rangers play tonight at 2000 (8 PM), LGR! I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys......