Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-15-2008, 01:04 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Opus X perfection X

I had a Fuente Fuente Opus X perfection X in my humidor for a while, waiting for a special occasion to light it up, and finally that special occasion came up. After being unemployed for 21 months I got a job, so I had a good reason to smoke this Opus X (ring 48, 158mm).

This cigar is all about quality and class. Packed in nice cedar, with a red band on the foot and the prettiest cigar band in the world, the cigar has a nice medium brown Dominican wrapper, bit oily and very light veins. The appearance is great and the nice aroma of hay completes the pre-smoking experience. The cigar feels good, nice construction and the predraw is light and easy.

The flavor is light leather, with some flowers, warm and creamy and pretty soon the nice chocolate flavor which I like so much. Halfway there is a flavor of tobacco and pepper, bitter and not as pleasant as the first part of the cigar. The bitter taste disappears and I can taste the same sweet leather again.

I spend an hour and a half with this nice cigar and its full white smoke and its firm gray white ash.
Would I buy this cigar again? Only for a very special occasion

be aware, this review is little over a year old, no need to congratulate me with my 'new' job
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
joetownhound
EYH Survivor

First Name: Dennis
Trading: (18)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
joetownhound will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Opus X perfection X

I smoked one of these today which is my second Opus X cigar and have come to the conclusion that I need to sit on the porch and let the big dog run the yard. As much as I want to like the Opus X brand it is just not appealing to me. Not to dog the Opus it is just a little to bold for my taste at the time. I have one more in my humi that I think will either stay there or get bombed to someone in the near future.
joetownhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:29 PM   #3
MikeyC
member of the CA MINYAN

Trading: (11)
Bolivar
MikeyC will become famous soon enough

I smoked one of these on my honeymoon back in late August/early September. I had bought that particular cigar on our first trip together and had been saving it for two years. It was the first cigar I had ever aged myself and before I discovered cigar discussion forums it was at times the only cigar I owned.

With two years of age on it, this was a much better cigar. The flavors weren't as overpowering as I've found in fresh Opus and it was easier to experience and enjoy the complexity of the flavor of this cigar.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:40 PM   #4
JohnnyKay5
Armed Forces Tumbleweed

Trading: (22)
Partagas Army (Active)
JohnnyKay5 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyKay5 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
I had a Fuente Fuente Opus X perfection X in my humidor for a while, waiting for a special occasion to light it up, and finally that special occasion came up. After being unemployed for 21 months I got a job, so I had a good reason to smoke this Opus X (ring 48, 158mm).

[/b]

Excellent but unemployed for 21 months??? what about music marketeers?? youw ere with them when i visited werent you?

HIGH FIVE!
JohnnyKay5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:15 AM   #5
BillyCigars

I still have 2 Perfecxion Xs from 99 - still waiting for a special occasion to send them "home"...
Old 12-12-2008, 01:12 AM   #6
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyKay5 View Post
Excellent but unemployed for 21 months??? what about music marketeers?? youw ere with them when i visited werent you?
that was the job I mentioned in the review as the reason to smoke the Opus X
Old 12-12-2008, 02:35 PM   #7
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

I have an Opus X something or other that my friend DrHalle bombed me from the old place. I have been saving it for something just not sure what. Thanks for the review.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote